[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League #2 Official thread

DMD

1 hour ago, flemingd said:

Sorry about that, not sure why notifications for On the Clock weren't set, they were last year and those things should carry over.  I picked and turned on notifications so should be good from here on out.

No worries at all, just wanted to be sure you knew you were up. 

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i preselected five picks away. I dislike doing that, but understand the league wants to keep moving. But i'm not preselecting pick after that. I'll be offline in a bit for 3-4 hours. If my 2nd pick comes up, just take a breath.

We don't like breathing

yeah i'm not a huge fan of preselecting unless i'm a max of 3 picks off.... sorry for any delays caused this weekend and beyond... not in front of my computer on the weekends much these days.. from 9am-4pm PST during the week, though, I'll pick quick-like!  :D  

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

yeah i'm not a huge fan of preselecting unless i'm a max of 3 picks off.... sorry for any delays caused this weekend and beyond... not in front of my computer on the weekends much these days.. from 9am-4pm PST during the week, though, I'll pick quick-like!  :D  

Unless you're still using one of the old school clamshell StarTAC flip phones, it works just as well on a mobile phone.  Every pick I've made so far has not only been pre-ranked/preloaded, but I've done it from my phone. 

13 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Unless you're still using one of the old school clamshell StarTAC flip phones, it works just as well on a mobile phone.  Every pick I've made so far has not only been pre-ranked/preloaded, but I've done it from my phone. 

I'm on an iPhone and I've made picks using it... it's just not ideal.  The cheatsheet I'm using is not geared to be viewed on mobile devices.  I know it's just a free "for kicks" league so I suppose I could just wing it.  I have email alerts set up and will do my best to move things along.  :)

Well Opie, here's to hoping that Seferian-Jenkins lives up to his potential there in JAX and steps in to fill the void that M Lee just opened up.  You really could have used a QB there, and 7 of them just fell off the board, not to mention 3-4 more could go before your pick again.  :(

Edited by Shorttynaz

1 minute ago, Shorttynaz said:

Well Opie, here's to hoping that Seferian-Jenkins lives up to his potential there in JAX and steps in to fill the void that M Lee just opened up.  You really could have used a QB there, and 7 of them just fell off the board, not to mention 3-4 more could go before your pick again.  :(

:pokey:

Just in case your league mates didn't already notice this. 

Honestly it was good fun - and apologies if my observation wasn't well received. 

Even if you did get pissed, it doesn't matter if you take QB #15 or QB #22 at this point (or both).  I like to analyze everything - I'm a stats junkie and enjoy stuff like this.  Had someone done it to me I would have laughed and congratulated them for paying attention. 

In league 1 I think I'll be competitive, but I'm not winning.  While everyone has a good team, on paper (in my opinion) Def., Shaman, and Pancake are the teams that stand out as the most well rounded teams in my draft.  I ignored my RB & TE position too much as there were never guys I liked or felt like reaching for when I was up.  I only have 1 TE.. Charles Clay was the last one I had any interest in and he was taken 2 or 3 spots ahead of where I was going to take him.  I'll live with Ertz and if he gets hurt, well better luck to the next guy.  

It's fantasy football man - people are competitive.  I guess I'm sorry for pointing something out in a league I have no stock in.  If this were my main local draft (this Saturday) you better believe me and about 5 others are very verbal about stuff like this.   

Edited by Shorttynaz

Well - I appreciate that you didn't blow up.  I was simply making what I thought was a joke, however my wife tells me all the time not everyone gets my sense of humor.  I tell her all the time no one ever makes it out of life alive, so why not have fun with it.  Seriously though - all in good fun.  In a few days when I am doing this same thing again at my local live draft I'll remember this thread.  :)

And well since I already said who I think (in my eyes) has the better teams, apologies to any of my leaguemates that I didn't list.  Hopefully none of you go batmanure crazy and flip out.  As for my draft - I took a QB and DEF early cause I like to be a trendsetter.  Logic told me to take a TE and a more promising RB but I said fk logic - I'm going rogue and doin this manure on my own. :headbang:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

did you look at MV's team? I think he's in the clear lead.

also, my wife says that about me too.

I believe you're on to something.  I went into this with experience of losing in the past, and doing it well...  You said it above.  RB's don't win this type of league/format, WR's do (well, I'd say pass catchers).  For that reason it's why I pretty much ignored RBs.  I got lucky getting 1 and 1a from the same team.  Mack - took him cause I needed someone with a pulse and he's still a starter, however in my opinion, not for long.  Allen, well cause I'm just throwing darts at this point.  I suppose the same reason I took Mack - it's someone with a pulse should the worst happen. 

MV does have a well balanced team and heavy on pass catchers.  What do I know.  I'm just here for the socks. 

EDIT:  Regarding the socks, DMD may have to special order them.  I wear a size 16 shoe. 

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1