[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League #2 Official thread

DMD

On 8/28/2018 at 9:46 PM, LordOpie said:

i expected all those QBs to run. TEs are on short supply. There are 11 QBs left taht I'd be happy with. I'll be able to get two of those 11 since my 2nd pick is 10 picks away. So even if all of them go off the board, I'll still be happy. I feel like this type of league is won via WRs. The volatile type of player that you might avoid in regular redraft is exactly the type of players you want in this format

most of the QBs remaining put up good total numbers last year, but people don't like them because they're volatile... too many poopy games. So, I'm very happy to have that. Obviously, if each of the next two QBs I take have half bad and half great games, that won't happen at the exact opposite times for each QB, so i'll take a 3rd and hope to fill some holes.

but my plan from the beginning was try to stock up on good WRs.

so I guess my rambling point was... yes, a QB instead of ASJ would have appeared to have been a better choice, the drop off value said there were very many good QB choices and I could wait at QB.

WRs and RBs. Not just one of them, being lucky enough to pick one of the late season bloomers will make all the difference in the world. But you also need to have a steady group of producers in your QBs, PKs, and DEFs so that when your "gamble" picks blow up you are able to pull ahead IMO.

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I wasn't suggesting to ignore those positions. No one would. I was saying to wait. At qb, i waited and got bortles, keenum and Smith. Would you be happy with those 3 qbs? 

Well, you did come up on saying you wanted to focus on just one position and waiting over the rest, waiting with the quality of drafters we have here a pretty much ignoring lol.

not sure if I’d be happy with those 3 QB, I’ll look when I am not mobile.

needless to say my last year win was due to having Bell and Gurkey at RB

1 hour ago, loaf said:

those guys are done and we're in Round 15...focus

You guys are averaging one pick ever 49 minutes.  We averaged one pick every 28 minutes, however the last 15ish rounds went a lot faster than that once Taz was in a place where he could make more than one pick a day! 

PRE-LOAD your players.  It goes a lot faster.  :2cents:

8 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I wasn't suggesting to ignore those positions. No one would. I was saying to wait. At qb, i waited and got bortles, keenum and Smith. Would you be happy with those 3 qbs? 

Yeah, the way your draft went and at the point you were at you should have a pretty consistent average.

However, I would not have been able to pass on Cam Newton @ 9.11 and would have waited for Howard on the turn around. Than at 11 and 12 you'd still have Ebron available for your 2nd TE.

At first glance, I like millworkguy's team the most.

54 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

You guys are averaging one pick ever 49 minutes.  We averaged one pick every 28 minutes, however the last 15ish rounds went a lot faster than that once Taz was in a place where he could make more than one pick a day! 

PRE-LOAD your players.  It goes a lot faster.  :2cents:

huh huh, you said "load"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

average?

those three QBs all had several fantastic games last year. Obviously, I can't predict when so their great games may over-lap, but I'm pretty confident that between the three of them, I'll be in the top 5 each week.

I think volatile is still a bad word for many owners, even in a best ball league, but you absolutely want volatile.

Notice I said consistent average. I didn't mention low or high average. But your average should be consistent...

13 minutes ago, Shaman said:

Notice I said consistent average. I didn't mention low or high average. But your average should be consistent...

Stop being so nice, just tell him his QBs suck already.  :pokey:

• Haha 2