[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Message Board League #3

DMD

18 minutes ago, DMD said:

I'll figure this out Sunday afternoon with hopes of starting the draft on Monday. With only 8 teams there is plenty of time.

Yep. This will be fun. Haven't played in an 8 team league since my college. My local friend league which got me totally hooked on FF draft parties and weekend football parties at the party house. Should be fun. 

Do we have the stakes settled yet? Slow draft should work fine so long as we get it started next week sometime.

1 minute ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Cool. I will be back in an hour to pick. I would have picked now but have to run. 

You'll make your other league mates VERY happy if you pre-load your next pick, that way when it's your turn and you're not around, your pick is made for you based on who you want first, second, etc..

Sorry about the delay.  Big time difference from Afghanistan.

I got logged in and made my first pick.

I see the starting weekly lineup requirements and that we draft 24 slots.  Is there a position limit?

We do not set lineups correct?  Website takes highest scoring from your roster for and plug in the best of the weekly 10 slot requirement?

This is my first time playing this type of setup.

EDIT:  I plan on drafting live until time to go to bed, then I will add my pre-draft selections (if necessary).

I'm hoping the draft will cruise along today.

Edited by XFlash
add text

14 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Sorry about the delay.  Big time difference from Afghanistan.

I got logged in and made my first pick.

I see the starting weekly lineup requirements and that we draft 24 slots.  Is there a position limit?

We do not set lineups correct?  Website takes highest scoring from your roster for and plug in the best of the weekly 10 slot requirement?

This is my first time playing this type of setup.

EDIT:  I plan on drafting live until time to go to bed, then I will add my pre-draft selections (if necessary).

I'm hoping the draft will cruise along today.

Not in your league but I'll answer anyway..  :)

No position limit

We do not set lineups - all we're doing is drafting as complete a team with as much depth as possible. 

After the week is over (Monday night / Tuesday morning) MFL will automatically enter your best possible lineup for that previous week. 

It's a points based league.  The team who has scored the most points at the end of 17 weeks is deemed the winner of the league. 

There is NO in season management.  No adds/drops/waivers, no trading. 

Pretty much treat this as a draft and then forget about it.  You can check in on your team anytime you want, but you can't change anything once drafted. 

4 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

No position limit

We do not set lineups - all we're doing is drafting as complete a team with as much depth as possible. 

After the week is over (Monday night / Tuesday morning) MFL will automatically enter your best possible lineup for that previous week. 

It's a points based league.  The team who has scored the most points at the end of 17 weeks is deemed the winner of the league. 

Pretty much treat this as a draft and then forget about it.  You can check in on your team anytime you want, but you can't change anything once drafted. 

Cool, thanks Shortty.

There is going to be some thought in this draft.  Make sure you bye week issues and injury history.  I like it!

I might try and set something up for my fellow contractors at my work. I'm assuming that I have to purchase a new MFL league.  If anyone knows the particulars on the settings for this type of league, please let me know or where I can find it.

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

You'll make your other league mates VERY happy if you pre-load your next pick, that way when it's your turn and you're not around, your pick is made for you based on who you want first, second, etc..

No problem Naz. I will be around to pick all day long. No waiting for me. By the way, I told you to watch your avy, one day it would go missing. Can't tell you why I have been away so long but lets just say I've been preoccupied. LOL

25 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

No problem Naz. I will be around to pick all day long. No waiting for me. By the way, I told you to watch your avy, one day it would go missing. Can't tell you why I have been away so long but lets just say I've been preoccupied. LOL

Witness Protection plan?

Or old age and forgetfullness? 

• DMD changed the title to Huddle Message Board League #3
2 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

It was taken away when USA TODAY got involved. 

8 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

No position limit

I see league one goes to week 16 but the others go to week 17. We get one week vacation.

Draft Recap

This is the 2nd time I've seen this in a Best Ball League this week!   Hopefully it amounts to something this year.. 

"Coach David  had an impressive showing in the recent 2018 Huddle Message Board League #3 draft. Their ShorttyNAZ franchise came away feeling exuberant about their top grade in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.

ShorttyNAZ made their best pick of the draft in round 3, selecting Julio Jones with the 19th pick of the draft, as compared to the 12th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a steal in this round," ShorttyNAZ coach David said.

ShorttyNAZ made their worst pick of the draft in round 2, selecting Keenan Allen with the 14th pick of the draft, as compared to the 19th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a project," ShorttyNAZ coach David  said.

Time will tell if coach David  can take their top-ranked draft all the way to the league championship."

Edited by Shorttynaz

37 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

How do I drop and add a player. I need to add another defense and kicker maybe. Willing to go without a kicker one week.

LOL.  Not how it works.  No transactions period.  Thats why its called best ball.  Draft and thats your team for the year.  You don't even submit a weekly lineup dude. At the end of each week MFL will automatically submit your best lineup based on the players that are currently on your team. The team at the end of the season that has scored the most points wins.

What? Wow never played like that before. I knew we didn't have to set lineups but I didn't know it was a Draft and forget. No adds, No drops nothing huh. Wow now that's weird. Looks like my "I'll deal with it after the draft" strategy was in error. Should be interesting. I suppose being without a Defense for one week won't kill me. I hope.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

What? Wow never played like that before. I knew we didn't have to set lineups but I didn't know it was a Draft and forget. No adds, No drops nothing huh. Wow now that's weird. Looks like my "I'll deal with it after the draft" strategy was in error. Should be interesting. I suppose being without a Defense for one week won't kill me. I hope.

It won't kill you but it's why we (well, I) drafted the way I did - more specifically why I took 3 defenses in the draft.  :)

59 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

ShortynAZ gave a very clear and succinct summary of the rules early on in the thread after you posted.  Maybe you were too busy posting about Odell Beckham's hair.

LOL. Prolly. My fault for not reading as I figured it was mostly like other leagues with a few minor differences. Boy was I wrong. Never played in a best ball league before so I suppose I am entitled to a rookie move or two. When all else fails read the instructions I suppose. Good luck and this should be fun. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

just in case you need a review...

:D

You it's funny but I read that part but the last line I must of faded out and I totally missed the NO in adds/drops/waivers, and went straight to NO trading. No sweat. Should be a fun. Do we play each other at all or is it just collecting points each week. There is no schedule against each week either I guess.

• Like 1