[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, Dez....

Papa Deuce

He supposedly turned down $5M from CLE. This has to be a blow to his ego. He'll now wait for injuries to force some team to get desperate enough to take him on. That actually may not happen.

Price should not matter to Dez as he stated it was to be a "prove it contract".

$5 millon on a nice stacked team and pretty good DEF, CLE should have been a good fit.  Jarvis drawing the double, Dez would do pretty good.

He should have taken his earlier deal with BAL.

BUF needs a WR to go with KBenjamin....

He'll sign when a team he likes makes an offer after they lose someone. He really wants to be in the NFC and with a team that plays the Cowboys from what I hear. May be silly but he really wants to prove he still has it and wants to do it against the Cowboys.

19 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

He'll sign when a team he likes makes an offer after they lose someone. He really wants to be in the NFC and with a team that plays the Cowboys from what I hear. May be silly but he really wants to prove he still has it and wants to do it against the Cowboys.

Sounds like he'll be sitting out the season before all those stars get properly aligned. 

It is beyond silly, it is self destructive. All he is proving is that he is still a head case. 

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sounds like he'll be sitting out the season before all those stars get properly aligned. 

It is beyond silly, it is self destructive. All he is proving is that he is still a head case. 

Possibly, but would you sign with the Browns? I would hold out for a bit before I took that bit.

1 minute ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Possibly, but would you sign with the Browns? I would hold out for a bit before I took that bit.

Pointless question, I'm not an NFL athlete getting offers. I also don't want my team to sign him, his 1 year deal to go elsewhere for a big payday along with attitude is pointless on a rebuilding team. 

Dez has outrageous demands for his new contract, few contending teams need him or want to deal with him. Most others don't want to waste their time with a 1 year contract, high salary and his personality. Nobody (including Dez) should be surprised with the lack of interest.

I've always liked Dez, I liked his style, his grit, and his play. But he truly is a headcase. This would be interesting to monitor as the season drags on, I bet he'll have a few more offers come week 1 because of how the contracts work. But if he turns those down I wouldn't be holding my breath he'll play this year.

11 minutes ago, Carr4MVP said:

With M.Bryant gone and Mack money saved, wonder if my raiders take a flyer on him ?

I wonder if that was the agenda all along? Kinda silly but the door is WIDE open for him now, plus he might get to go to Vegas? If I were him, I'd be camping out on the Raiders door step. 

13 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

I wonder if that was the agenda all along? Kinda silly but the door is WIDE open for him now, plus he might get to go to Vegas? If I were him, I'd be camping out on the Raiders door step. 

He also won't be asked to do much, maybe the intermediate routes. he's gonna have to lower pay expectation though.

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

PHI Eagles?

PHI put Mack Hollins on IR today. With Alshon out and unclear. They need some help.

So... Dez?

how would PHI fans feel about that?

I would pass. I think Aghalor gets 8 - 10 TDs this season if Wentz is back by week 3. We don't need any misfits. And Mac Hollins wasn't even sure he would make the team.... no huge loss there. Ertz and Goeddard will be a nice set of TE's.

Edited by Papa Deuce
add stuff

• 4 weeks later...