On 8/27/2018 at 2:08 PM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

im not saying youve got certain gold here.....i think he could get off to a pretty slow start and may not even many/any snaps early on....but i think a month or more into the year he will have a role.....and he could make a great addition to your receving corps as a bye week/injury filler and just maybe more

I think you were right in your original post.  And you even said he would get off to a slow start, have a low snap count and could have a bigger role in a month. 

So I'm just curious why are you so quick to cut him loose after one week when this is exactly what you thought he would be this early on?

1 hour ago, captain77 said:

I think you were right in your original post.  And you even said he would get off to a slow start, have a low snap count and could have a bigger role in a month. 

So I'm just curious why are you so quick to cut him loose after one week when this is exactly what you thought he would be this early on?

because i got a 1-11 from hogan and a 3-23 from jordy! lol.....i wont h2h but went 1-1 as i missed a points win by a few points......so i was looking to add a difference maker.....

i won enunwa last night in the blind bid waivers.....but i think im going to hold tre'quan....prob drop ebron or anthony miller...most likely miller even though id like to hold him too

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

30 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Promoted to starter.

where do you see that? Was Ginn demoted or injured?

yeah i didnt hear hes a starter....but that may ring true when they go 3 wide......you might see him, ginn and thomas out there....the first week i know carr "started"....smith might be on the field in all 3 wr sets now.....we shall see....im at least interested...thats usually their standard set is the "11 personnel"

what i did read is payton plans on showing more of him....at least him being on the field alot more....

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Eh, I fell for the click bait. Here's the full blurb.

“(Smith is) playing well and what I mean by that, practicing well, training camp – we’ve got to find ways to get him more touches,” Payton said Wednesday morning. “He’s handling our installation, he knows what we’re doing gameplan-wise and I think he’s ready to prove that.

“A lot of that just comes by, A, design (and) B, opportunities where the coverage or the play design puts the ball toward him. That’s one of the things that we’ve got to keep building on.”

• Thanks 1

Over 100 yds, two touchdowns and caught the record setting pass. Not w bad start to a career. 

and got tired of waiting and dropped him in a couple leagues. I'm sure he's still out there but not gonna be easy to pick back up. I held onto him in one league where the guy I wanted to drop him for was picked up by another team with a higher waiver order

I had a feeling with Ginn out he'd have a good game. I didn't expect that though. 

I was just about to bump this thread, haha.  Kids got wheels!

Still not convinced he does anything this year. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guy had 3 targets. Meredith still getting more looks, Ginn coming back after the Bye and even if Smith passed him on the depth chart theres too many mouths to feed in New Orleans even with Brees on pace to break 5k passing yards.

4 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Still not convinced he does anything this year. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guy had 3 targets. Meredith still getting more looks, Ginn coming back after the Bye and even if Smith passed him on the depth chart theres too many mouths to feed in New Orleans even with Brees on pace to break 5k passing yards.

yeah, he's definitely a high dynasty prospect, but it's always more difficult to rely on rookies in redraft.

3 hours ago, Inziladun said:

i can see where you are coming from.....but i think the feeling is that the more success he has the harder it will be to keep him off the field.....the 60 yarder was a broken coverage but he capitalized.....his first catch was also an impressive toe drag along the sidelines....and the last one he flat out balled........if he keeps making plays hes going to be hard for the saints to ignore

I went out and got David Moore in a few dynasty leagues last week and BOOM!!!

He's still taxi squad eligible in most dynasty leagues. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I went out and got David Moore in a few dynasty leagues last week and BOOM!!!

He's still taxi squad eligible in most dynasty leagues. 

Confused look lol. Not sure why but okie dokie lol, 

5 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Confused look lol. Not sure why but okie dokie lol, 

Because who was suggesting picking up David Moore, the author was talking about Trequan Smith. 

I own him too. I didn't bother reading the thread lol. I just figured it was a "go out and pick up this guy" running thread of hot pickups. Moving on

I got him on the HMDL #3, took him with a late pick.

He got their attention.  Hopefully by week 10 he will have consistent touches over Meredith and Ginn.

If he has another decent showing, I will make room for him in my other leagues for the 2nd half push.

If you're expecting a break out year then you probably should look elsewhere, but I think by next year he will be seated at the #2 position replacing Ginn. 

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

If you're expecting a break out year then you probably should look elsewhere, but I think by next year he will be seated at the #2 position replacing Ginn. 

Agree.  Great Dynasty player.