[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

go out and get this guy

1 hour ago, captain77 said:

I think you were right in your original post.  And you even said he would get off to a slow start, have a low snap count and could have a bigger role in a month. 

So I'm just curious why are you so quick to cut him loose after one week when this is exactly what you thought he would be this early on?

because i got a 1-11 from hogan and a 3-23 from jordy! lol.....i wont h2h but went 1-1 as i missed a points win by a few points......so i was looking to add a difference maker.....

i won enunwa last night in the blind bid waivers.....but i think im going to hold tre'quan....prob drop ebron or anthony miller...most likely miller even though id like to hold him too

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

yeah i didnt hear hes a starter....but that may ring true when they go 3 wide......you might see him, ginn and thomas out there....the first week i know carr "started"....smith might be on the field in all 3 wr sets now.....we shall see....im at least interested...thats usually their standard set is the "11 personnel"

what i did read is payton plans on showing more of him....at least him being on the field alot more....

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Eh, I fell for the click bait. Here's the full blurb.

“(Smith is) playing well and what I mean by that, practicing well, training camp – we’ve got to find ways to get him more touches,” Payton said Wednesday morning. “He’s handling our installation, he knows what we’re doing gameplan-wise and I think he’s ready to prove that.

“A lot of that just comes by, A, design (and) B, opportunities where the coverage or the play design puts the ball toward him. That’s one of the things that we’ve got to keep building on.”

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

and got tired of waiting and dropped him in a couple leagues. I'm sure he's still out there but not gonna be easy to pick back up. I held onto him in one league where the guy I wanted to drop him for was picked up by another team with a higher waiver order

Still not convinced he does anything this year. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guy had 3 targets. Meredith still getting more looks, Ginn coming back after the Bye and even if Smith passed him on the depth chart theres too many mouths to feed in New Orleans even with Brees on pace to break 5k passing yards.

3 hours ago, Inziladun said:

Still not convinced he does anything this year. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guy had 3 targets. Meredith still getting more looks, Ginn coming back after the Bye and even if Smith passed him on the depth chart theres too many mouths to feed in New Orleans even with Brees on pace to break 5k passing yards.

i can see where you are coming from.....but i think the feeling is that the more success he has the harder it will be to keep him off the field.....the 60 yarder was a broken coverage but he capitalized.....his first catch was also an impressive toe drag along the sidelines....and the last one he flat out balled........if he keeps making plays hes going to be hard for the saints to ignore

I got him on the HMDL #3, took him with a late pick.

He got their attention.  Hopefully by week 10 he will have consistent touches over Meredith and Ginn.

If he has another decent showing, I will make room for him in my other leagues for the 2nd half push.

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

If you're expecting a break out year then you probably should look elsewhere, but I think by next year he will be seated at the #2 position replacing Ginn. 

Agree.  Great Dynasty player.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PPIchamp said:

Drop Mike Williams or Allison for him?

I'd still be a little wary. Cameron Meredith was expected to play a larger role than he has to date, so it's possible he'll get more of a bump than TQS. 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, PPIchamp said:

Drop Mike Williams or Allison for him?

MWillams yes, Allison probably not.

As soon as I heard the news about Ginn going IR, I dropped MWilliams for TQ.

He will be decent ROS, but MWilliams was just not doing much.  Started out decent and then down hill every week since.

Too good to pass up and wait for MWilliams, too much upside and more playing time with TQ being #2 WR.

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

appears Meredith is droppable in all formats and while TQ's production wasn't awesome, it was just fine for a high prospect guy who only had four catches coming into the game...

Tre'Quan Smith played 52-of-71 snaps (73 percent) Week 7 against the Ravens.

Smith was always the most likely option to take over for Ted Ginn, and that is exactly what happened as Cameron Meredith was limited to just 18 snaps and zero targets. Smith only managed 44 yards on three catches in the tough matchup, but his rest-of-season outlook is strong. He needs to be rostered in all formats.  Oct 22 - 10:23 AM

Saints were playing more heavy sets vs Baltimore for protection against their pass rush, which meant only 2 WRs on the field. Given TQ was Ginn's backup at the y position it stands to reason he'd see more snaps. Let's see how the Saints open things up against the Rams before you start telling everyone he's a bust. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1