[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

go out and get this guy

1 hour ago, pegos said:

Oh ok, whew, my bad, I was driving and reading and in my haste thought you were throwing out your own iq 

He's certainly not throwing out mine. And when he's "right" in a few weeks I'm certain he'll come bump this thread just to show how right he was. And if he's not you won't hear a peep from me because I couldn't care less.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soopanuts said:

For the group - would you drop Chris Godwin for TQ?

I literally did this last week.  I did it because there are a lot of mouths to feed in Tampa.  But Godwin looks so talented and the Bucs look like they're going to pass a lot due to their bad defense and bad run game.  When I saw that I got Tre'Quan on waivers my heart kind of sank.  My decision just feels wrong.  But for me, it is my 5th receiver and I only need to start 2 so I wanted the receiver with the higher ceiling.

5 hours ago, soopanuts said:

For the group - would you drop Chris Godwin for TQ?

I think it depends on your league format. If you're in a redraft, especially a smaller league, Godwin will be your more consistent producer this year. But if you're in a dynasty league I'd go with Tre'Quan Smith. I see him as the clear-cut #2 next year replacing Ginn because he has the speed to stretch the field with Cameron Meredith likely playing the slot. There are some disclaimers, though. Those two positions likely will flip-flop depending on game plan and neither one will likely be wholly reliable on a weekly basis. In short, don't expect the next Marques Colston to pop out of the woodwork. As for Meredith, a big part of why he hasn't done a lot this year is because the Saints have been keeping him limited due to his knee injury last year. He's only just had a full practice last week & that's likely just as much to do with Ginn going on IR as it does his health. When he did finally start to get playing time, he did very well, so I would expect Payton to start getting him more involved provided he's staying healthy. This year, it's going to come down to game plan and Payton & Brees' trust in them. I think both have shown they can contribute, so both will get their share of playing time. Going forward after this season I think Tre'Quan will be the better option due to his ability downfield.

But, if you're looking for a home run hit from the Saints WRs then you're probably going to be sorely disappointed with anyone not named Michael Thomas. The Saints just spread the ball around too much for any one other receiver to be a star player.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

can't you just break those posts out into a new topic and move that topic?

Can't you just let the mods run the forums according to the TOS?

Edit: rhetorical question.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

please see signature

It takes a lot more than your adolescent insecurity to upset me. But if you want to validate yourself by thinking that and pointing to your signature, which is actually evidence thereof, then more power to you little buddy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was watching Saints-Ravens yesterday, great catch along the sideline waiting there for the ball with both feed just in bound.

BTW, related to Saints passing game, anybody else notice the crazy catch rate that Thomas has?  It is currently at 91.4% (53 of 58), and was better before that, over 90% in the first 4 games. 

I did a search on Pro Football Reference, looking at catch% (only tracked since 1992) for RB/WR/TE with 50 targets or more, the top five are 

Cleveland Gary (RB-RAM-1992) - 94.5%

Felix Jones (RB-DAL-2010) - 92.3%

Pierre Thomas (RB-NO-2013) - 91.7%

Michael Thomas (WR-NO-2018) - 91.4% 

Harvey Williams (RB-OAK-1995) - 90.0

There are then 90 more guys with rates of 80% or better. Trequan Smith with very limited targets (7 in 6 games, 3 starts) is at 54%

PFR top catch % search

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Was watching Saints-Ravens yesterday, great catch along the sideline waiting there for the ball with both feed just in bound.

BTW, related to Saints passing game, anybody else notice the crazy catch rate that Thomas has?  It is currently at 91.4% (53 of 58), and was better before that, over 90% in the first 4 games. 

I did a search on Pro Football Reference, looking at catch% (only tracked since 1992) for RB/WR/TE with 50 targets or more, the top five are 

Cleveland Gary (RB-RAM-1992) - 94.5%

Felix Jones (RB-DAL-2010) - 92.3%

Pierre Thomas (RB-NO-2013) - 91.7%

Michael Thomas (WR-NO-2018) - 91.4% 

Harvey Williams (RB-OAK-1995) - 90.0

There are then 90 more guys with rates of 80% or better. Trequan Smith with very limited targets (7 in 6 games, 3 starts) is at 54%

PFR top catch % search

That is an insane catch rate for a WR with over 10 Yards per target. I don't think I saw even one other WR on that list and the only one even close with that high of a YPT was M. Faulk in 1999 and he was at 84.7%. That has to adjust at some point down some.

• Like 1

I'm actually starting him in my 12 team league over Doug Baldwin today.

My team sucks this year because I drafted David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Doug Baldwin & Alen Robinson (in that order). So I'm 1-6. Worst fantasy record I've ever started the season with in over 20 years of doing this.

But I digress.

I figure at this point I might as well swing for the fences.