Please put roster decision questions in the advice forum.

2 hours ago, PPIchamp said:

Drop Mike Williams or Allison for him?

I'd still be a little wary. Cameron Meredith was expected to play a larger role than he has to date, so it's possible he'll get more of a bump than TQS. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'd still be a little wary. Cameron Meredith was expected to play a larger role than he has to date, so it's possible he'll get more of a bump than TQS. 

i think this is all about TQ... he has the ability to fully take the #2 role. If TQ lives up to his potential, Meredith cannot hold him off. Meredith was nothing more than a complimentary depth signing. So, ability (it's there) needs to match opportunity (it's there).

On 10/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, PPIchamp said:

Drop Mike Williams or Allison for him?

MWillams yes, Allison probably not.

As soon as I heard the news about Ginn going IR, I dropped MWilliams for TQ.

He will be decent ROS, but MWilliams was just not doing much.  Started out decent and then down hill every week since.

Too good to pass up and wait for MWilliams, too much upside and more playing time with TQ being #2 WR.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, LordOpie said:

i think this is all about TQ... he has the ability to fully take the #2 role. If TQ lives up to his potential, Meredith cannot hold him off. Meredith was nothing more than a complimentary depth signing. So, ability (it's there) needs to match opportunity (it's there).

appears Meredith is droppable in all formats and while TQ's production wasn't awesome, it was just fine for a high prospect guy who only had four catches coming into the game...

Tre'Quan Smith played 52-of-71 snaps (73 percent) Week 7 against the Ravens.

Smith was always the most likely option to take over for Ted Ginn, and that is exactly what happened as Cameron Meredith was limited to just 18 snaps and zero targets. Smith only managed 44 yards on three catches in the tough matchup, but his rest-of-season outlook is strong. He needs to be rostered in all formats.  Oct 22 - 10:23 AM

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

appears Meredith is droppable in all formats and while TQ's production wasn't awesome, it was just fine for a high prospect guy who only had four catches coming into the game...

Tre'Quan Smith played 52-of-71 snaps (73 percent) Week 7 against the Ravens.

Smith was always the most likely option to take over for Ted Ginn, and that is exactly what happened as Cameron Meredith was limited to just 18 snaps and zero targets. Smith only managed 44 yards on three catches in the tough matchup, but his rest-of-season outlook is strong. He needs to be rostered in all formats.  Oct 22 - 10:23 AM

Saints were playing more heavy sets vs Baltimore for protection against their pass rush, which meant only 2 WRs on the field. Given TQ was Ginn's backup at the y position it stands to reason he'd see more snaps. Let's see how the Saints open things up against the Rams before you start telling everyone he's a bust. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Saints were playing more heavy sets vs Baltimore for protection against their pass rush, which meant only 2 WRs on the field. Given TQ was Ginn's backup at the y position it stands to reason he'd see more snaps. Let's see how the Saints open things up against the Rams before you start telling everyone he's a bust. 

sorry.

i realize Meredith's 3/38 over the three previous games were sufficient on its own to warrant rostering.

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

sorry.

i realize Meredith's 3/38 over the three previous games were sufficient on its own to warrant rostering.

You're the expert. What do I know?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

You're the expert. What do I know?

a decent amount with an IQ of 128.

8 minutes ago, pegos said:

Lordopie lol omg

hey, he has a higher IQ than me... hmm, maybe i'm not smart then?

10 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

hey, he has a higher IQ than me... hmm, maybe i'm not smart then?

Oh ok, whew, my bad, I was driving and reading and in my haste thought you were throwing out your own iq 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pegos said:

Oh ok, whew, my bad, I was driving and reading and in my haste thought you were throwing out your own iq 

He's certainly not throwing out mine. And when he's "right" in a few weeks I'm certain he'll come bump this thread just to show how right he was. And if he's not you won't hear a peep from me because I couldn't care less.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

He's certainly not throwing out mine. And when he's "right" in a few weeks I'm certain he'll come bump this thread just to show how right he was. And if he's not you won't hear a peep from me because I couldn't care less.

Please see signature

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, soopanuts said:

For the group - would you drop Chris Godwin for TQ?

Tq has higher upside

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soopanuts said:

I literally did this last week.  I did it because there are a lot of mouths to feed in Tampa.  But Godwin looks so talented and the Bucs look like they're going to pass a lot due to their bad defense and bad run game.  When I saw that I got Tre'Quan on waivers my heart kind of sank.  My decision just feels wrong.  But for me, it is my 5th receiver and I only need to start 2 so I wanted the receiver with the higher ceiling.

5 hours ago, soopanuts said:

I think it depends on your league format. If you're in a redraft, especially a smaller league, Godwin will be your more consistent producer this year. But if you're in a dynasty league I'd go with Tre'Quan Smith. I see him as the clear-cut #2 next year replacing Ginn because he has the speed to stretch the field with Cameron Meredith likely playing the slot. There are some disclaimers, though. Those two positions likely will flip-flop depending on game plan and neither one will likely be wholly reliable on a weekly basis. In short, don't expect the next Marques Colston to pop out of the woodwork. As for Meredith, a big part of why he hasn't done a lot this year is because the Saints have been keeping him limited due to his knee injury last year. He's only just had a full practice last week & that's likely just as much to do with Ginn going on IR as it does his health. When he did finally start to get playing time, he did very well, so I would expect Payton to start getting him more involved provided he's staying healthy. This year, it's going to come down to game plan and Payton & Brees' trust in them. I think both have shown they can contribute, so both will get their share of playing time. Going forward after this season I think Tre'Quan will be the better option due to his ability downfield.

But, if you're looking for a home run hit from the Saints WRs then you're probably going to be sorely disappointed with anyone not named Michael Thomas. The Saints just spread the ball around too much for any one other receiver to be a star player.

• Thanks 1

Please put who do I drop questions in the advice forum.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big John said:

Please put who do I drop questions in the advice forum.

can't you just break those posts out into a new topic and move that topic?

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

can't you just break those posts out into a new topic and move that topic?

Can't you just let the mods run the forums according to the TOS?

Edit: rhetorical question.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Can't you just let the mods run the forums according to the TOS?

Edit: rhetorical question.

please see signature

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

please see signature

It takes a lot more than your adolescent insecurity to upset me. But if you want to validate yourself by thinking that and pointing to your signature, which is actually evidence thereof, then more power to you little buddy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It takes a lot more than your adolescent insecurity to upset me. But if you want to validate yourself by thinking that and pointing to your signature, which is actually evidence thereof, then more power to you little buddy.

ummm... you're clearly upset, so... sorry?

#avalanche