[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

go out and get this guy

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I bet michaelredd could provide some insight

I definitely have zero insight.  I have Tre'Quan rostered in one league.  But I think he is probably in a long line of Saints receivers that I have rostered because of Drew Brees who have amounted to nothing.  Devery Henderson and Robert Meachem come to mind.  I can't believe I dropped Chris Godwin for Tre'Quan Smith.  If DeSean is traded, I made a serious, and possibly predictable, mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chiefswarpath said:

Anyone else playing Trequan this week? vs LAR should be a shootout.

Yes, my team is WR heavy but Tate being traded to Philly puts a hit on my team because now I have Jeffery and Tate on bye. Time to dust off Smith at home vs. the Rams. Could be a shootout. I'm flexing him against A. Jones. Taking a shot.

everything is risk/reward. a # 2 wr in nos is often a 4th option.  brees will make a defense pay if they make a mistake by finding the open wr.  if you have some other reliable studs you have to weigh your end goal.... sometimes that reliable 5/60 guys is what you need for the week.  sometimes you have to swing for the fences and take the risk.

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, loaf said:

Starting him in 3 leagues where I have other options. Even with Brees struggles the past couple weeks

Shouldn't have started him over Tevin Coleman, that's for sure...

I was lucky, well I still lost, but I was concerned that Carson would not play, and had no other options late so I swapped Coleman for him and got a huge game. Already lost due to the Bears doing all their scoring on defense and with Howard (instead of Trubisky and Cohen) and facing Ben / Joe Horn Thomas 

4 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

I moved Smith yesterday ahead of the Dez news.  Not sure if this hurts or helps his value.  

Smith was never going to hold a lot of value this year anyway. Next year could be a different story, but I still think Meredith will end up factoring in as well. I read a report from a guy with inside info that said Meredith's problem is that he still can't get separation off the snap due to his knee. So once he's back to 100% he should start to get more playing time, but that may not even be this season. 

• Haha 1

Smith is very interesting and I own him on my dynasty team and a few redrafts. But projecting out his value beyond this season, have to wonder one thing. How long is 39-year-old Brees going to play? He is the same age that Peyton Manning retired. What if Brees reaches the Super Bowl and wins it?

Amazing how long QBs play now. But they have to step aside at some point.

7 minutes ago, DMD said:

Smith is very interesting and I own him on my dynasty team and a few redrafts. But projecting out his value beyond this season, have to wonder one thing. How long is 39-year-old Brees going to play? He is the same age that Peyton Manning retired. What if Brees reaches the Super Bowl and wins it?

Amazing how long QBs play now. But they have to step aside at some point.

I would agree, but Brees is in much better condition physically at this point in his career than Manning was. I could see him playing at a high level for at least another 2 years if he wanted to. The big question is whether or not he gets another title. He's said that he would continue to play even if he did, but I don't know. Teddy Bridgewater sure isn't going to hang around that long and I really think they want him to replace Brees, even if it's while they groom a real replacement. And, no, that definitely won't be Taysom Hill. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

or he was a little hurt and not contributing... we'll know more in a week or two when/if he's released with an injury settlement... meaning, he's then free to play for another team and wasn't all that seriously hurt.

I don't even know what your point is in posting this other than to try to say I'm wrong. All I'm doing it trying to pass along what info I have and give my thoughts. Take it or leave it, I couldn't care less. The fact of the matter is he is still not fully recovered from his injury, which helps explain his lack of production and is going in for another surgery.

TreQuanSmith is still no more or no less valuable than he was before, regardless of the Dez signing and I still would not recommend any Saints WR not named Michael Thomas because they will likely lose more games for you than lightning striking exactly when you decide to start them. Personally speaking I prefer my WR3 or WR4 to be consistent producers, even if it's just 50-60 yds a game and the occasional TD. If you're looking for a WR like Smith to save your season by suddenly becoming a WR1 or WR2 then you've either done a poor job drafting or had really bad luck with injuries and you may as well chalk your season up as done because the Saints offense runs through Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara and barring a serious injury to either one of them that's not likely to change. As I said before, if you're in a dynasty league, next season may be a different story. Michael Thomas will be coming up in contract negotiations and Smith will have a full season and off-season to get more in tune and more involved.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I don't even know what your point is in posting this other than to try to say I'm wrong. All I'm doing it trying to pass along what info I have and give my thoughts. Take it or leave it, I couldn't care less. The fact of the matter is he is still not fully recovered from his injury, which helps explain his lack of production and is going in for another surgery.

TreQuanSmith is still no more or no less valuable than he was before, regardless of the Dez signing and I still would not recommend any Saints WR not named Michael Thomas because they will likely lose more games for you than lightning striking exactly when you decide to start them. Personally speaking I prefer my WR3 or WR4 to be consistent producers, even if it's just 50-60 yds a game and the occasional TD. If you're looking for a WR like Smith to save your season by suddenly becoming a WR1 or WR2 then you've either done a poor job drafting or had really bad luck with injuries and you may as well chalk your season up as done because the Saints offense runs through Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara and barring a serious injury to either one of them that's not likely to change. As I said before, if you're in a dynasty league, next season may be a different story. Michael Thomas will be coming up in contract negotiations and Smith will have a full season and off-season to get more in tune and more involved.

ehhh....lol

i dont think anyone had any designs on tre'quan smith becoming a 8-120-1 guy every week there buddy.....that was never the point......and good luck finding a consistent wr4......some people play in different types of leagues and sizes...in a 14 teamer you could do worse with smith holding a roster spot.....for instance my main league has over 10k in payouts.....we start 4 receivers with the potential of 5 if we wanna flex one(TE's not mando as they are receivers).....ill gladly hold the #2 guy in new orleans as a 4th-5th guy or bench guy...especially one that has flashed......smith has seen his snap count increase steadily........and already hes shown the potential to explode(which you wont find out of many wr4s).....the offense does run through kamara and thomas...but even thomas hasnt popped every week and teams will be looking to not be beaten by him.....the saints are going to need smith and counting on him to come through when they are going to need it........you can do alot worse....the guy has good hands and good speed and is just picking up steam....granted i was a bit disappointed in his target share in a game like last week.....but i was never expecting this guy to save me or be a wr1-2....i was looking for a bench/deep guy in an explosive offense that can make big plays....and thats kinda what he is