I just put a claim in for him and dropping Goodwin...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, heehawks said:

good call. higher risk-reward, but Goodwin wasn't going to win your league for you

drafted, dropped, claimed...

41 minutes ago, loaf said:

Hah, I'm in the same boat. Claim processes tomorrow.

Was watching Saints-Ravens yesterday, great catch along the sideline waiting there for the ball with both feed just in bound.

BTW, related to Saints passing game, anybody else notice the crazy catch rate that Thomas has?  It is currently at 91.4% (53 of 58), and was better before that, over 90% in the first 4 games. 

I did a search on Pro Football Reference, looking at catch% (only tracked since 1992) for RB/WR/TE with 50 targets or more, the top five are 

Cleveland Gary (RB-RAM-1992) - 94.5%

Felix Jones (RB-DAL-2010) - 92.3%

Pierre Thomas (RB-NO-2013) - 91.7%

Michael Thomas (WR-NO-2018) - 91.4% 

Harvey Williams (RB-OAK-1995) - 90.0

There are then 90 more guys with rates of 80% or better. Trequan Smith with very limited targets (7 in 6 games, 3 starts) is at 54%

PFR top catch % search

On 10/23/2018 at 11:09 PM, heehawks said:

Did the same. Mine went through. TQ is all mine. Let's roll...

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Was watching Saints-Ravens yesterday, great catch along the sideline waiting there for the ball with both feed just in bound.

BTW, related to Saints passing game, anybody else notice the crazy catch rate that Thomas has?  It is currently at 91.4% (53 of 58), and was better before that, over 90% in the first 4 games. 

I did a search on Pro Football Reference, looking at catch% (only tracked since 1992) for RB/WR/TE with 50 targets or more, the top five are 

Cleveland Gary (RB-RAM-1992) - 94.5%

Felix Jones (RB-DAL-2010) - 92.3%

Pierre Thomas (RB-NO-2013) - 91.7%

Michael Thomas (WR-NO-2018) - 91.4% 

Harvey Williams (RB-OAK-1995) - 90.0

There are then 90 more guys with rates of 80% or better. Trequan Smith with very limited targets (7 in 6 games, 3 starts) is at 54%

PFR top catch % search

That is an insane catch rate for a WR with over 10 Yards per target. I don't think I saw even one other WR on that list and the only one even close with that high of a YPT was M. Faulk in 1999 and he was at 84.7%. That has to adjust at some point down some.

• Like 1

I was skeptical earlier in the season, not because of talent but because of target share. With Ginn out of the picture and Meredith behind him on the depth chart, I'm all in.

On 10/24/2018 at 2:29 PM, loaf said:

x3

Powell going on IR made it easy.

15 hours ago, Front Row said:

x3

Powell going on IR made it easy.

Powell, the jets RB?  Curious how that relates to Trequan Smith, the "guy" we're supposed to go out and get. 

Maybe that's who you dropped to add him.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:08 AM, stevegrab said:

Powell, the jets RB?  Curious how that relates to Trequan Smith, the "guy" we're supposed to go out and get. 

Maybe that's who you dropped to add him.

yes

Picked him up, dropped him, put back in a claim. Someone else got him. woooopie

I'm actually starting him in my 12 team league over Doug Baldwin today.

My team sucks this year because I drafted David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Doug Baldwin & Alen Robinson (in that order). So I'm 1-6. Worst fantasy record I've ever started the season with in over 20 years of doing this.

But I digress.

I figure at this point I might as well swing for the fences.

Cameron Meredith wasn't targeted in Week 8 against the Vikings.

It's the second straight week Meredith was held without a catch. With Tre’Quan Smith the No. 2 wideout behind Michael Thomas, Meredith isn't worth stashing in fantasy leagues  Oct 28 - 11:41 PM

it'd be nice to get a clue as to when tre'quan will be worth starting. What has to happen? An injury to Kamara? He should put up very good numbers for 3-4 games RoS, but which games?

I bet michaelredd could provide some insight

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I bet michaelredd could provide some insight

I definitely have zero insight.  I have Tre'Quan rostered in one league.  But I think he is probably in a long line of Saints receivers that I have rostered because of Drew Brees who have amounted to nothing.  Devery Henderson and Robert Meachem come to mind.  I can't believe I dropped Chris Godwin for Tre'Quan Smith.  If DeSean is traded, I made a serious, and possibly predictable, mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am debating hard between him and Landry. Have Landry in right now, but may do the last second switch to Tre. 

15 minutes ago, heehawks said:

I am debating hard between him and Landry. Have Landry in right now, but may do the last second switch to Tre. 

no way, start landry

1 hour ago, chiefswarpath said:

Anyone else playing Trequan this week? vs LAR should be a shootout.

Yes, my team is WR heavy but Tate being traded to Philly puts a hit on my team because now I have Jeffery and Tate on bye. Time to dust off Smith at home vs. the Rams. Could be a shootout. I'm flexing him against A. Jones. Taking a shot.

1 hour ago, chiefswarpath said:

Anyone else playing Trequan this week? vs LAR should be a shootout.

He's in for me with Tyler Boyd on bye

51 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Ya I would go with Landry.  KC defense seems to let the #1 WR get his. Landry and Chubb should be must starts vs KC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 'canes2004 said:

I'm flexing him against A. Jones. Taking a shot.

I think Tre'Quan could have a great game.  He could also end up with 2 receptions.  Aaron Jones has a much higher floor.  Aaron Jones has a higher ceiling, too.