[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

go out and get this guy

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol, some d00sbag deleted my post? what was so wrong with...

" or he was a little hurt and not contributing... we'll know more in a week or two when/if he's released with an injury settlement... meaning, he's then free to play for another team and wasn't all that seriously hurt. "

I see nothing offensive or controversial in saying that. Plenty of guys don't do well, the team strong arms him by putting him on IR and leverages that into getting them to take less money so they can try to play again for another team this season.

Hmm, who on this site has authority to delete posts?   You really want to call that guy out ?

57 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

" or he was a little hurt and not contributing... we'll know more in a week or two when/if he's released with an injury settlement... meaning, he's then free to play for another team and wasn't all that seriously hurt. "

I see nothing offensive or controversial in saying that. Plenty of guys don't do well, the team strong arms him by putting him on IR and leverages that into getting them to take less money so they can try to play again for another team this season.

One more. Your choice.

20 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

how about you get an explanation from the mod who deleted my post as to their justification?

There is no mod here. I delete everything. I am the admin. And I am tired of pissing matches and firing up the henhouse. You intentionally set people off.   I don't owe you anything. You are not stupid. You know what you do.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Did you not read that he's having arthroscopic knee surgery? Meaning he is, in fact, injured? Meredith signed a 2 year contract with the Saints. The Saints gain nothing and cost themselves cap money by cutting him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

ehhh....lol

i dont think anyone had any designs on tre'quan smith becoming a 8-120-1 guy every week there buddy.....that was never the point......and good luck finding a consistent wr4......some people play in different types of leagues and sizes...in a 14 teamer you could do worse with smith holding a roster spot.....for instance my main league has over 10k in payouts.....we start 4 receivers with the potential of 5 if we wanna flex one(TE's not mando as they are receivers).....ill gladly hold the #2 guy in new orleans as a 4th-5th guy or bench guy...especially one that has flashed......smith has seen his snap count increase steadily........and already hes shown the potential to explode(which you wont find out of many wr4s).....the offense does run through kamara and thomas...but even thomas hasnt popped every week and teams will be looking to not be beaten by him.....the saints are going to need smith and counting on him to come through when they are going to need it........you can do alot worse....the guy has good hands and good speed and is just picking up steam....granted i was a bit disappointed in his target share in a game like last week.....but i was never expecting this guy to save me or be a wr1-2....i was looking for a bench/deep guy in an explosive offense that can make big plays....and thats kinda what he is

Completely understand your perspective & I don't really disagree. If you can get him as a stash guy or a taxi squad player, that's great. I'd love to have him on my own team and recently tried to pick him up in a trade. But several people in this thread were talking about putting him in as a starter and dropping possibly more viable, productive players in order to pick him up. I just think that's getting too caught up in the hype.

Believe me, I'm a much bigger Saints fan than a fantasy football junkie. I'd love nothing more than to be completely wrong and to be honest, I was completely giddy hearing about the camp he was having. But, as I said before, this isn't a Colston situation where the unknown guy comes in and fills a void to become a star. I think Smith could be a great player, but the Saints just have too many greater players whom both Brees and Payton trust for Smith to really do a lot this year.

38 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I did read that, but many players recover from arthro in less than a month, meaning he should be fine for NOS playoffs, but NOS doesn't care. Also, Did you not read that I did not say they would cut him, but instead offer him an "injury settlement". That's where the player agrees to take a payout and void the previous contract.

Why would a team put a player on IR if he's capable of playing again this year? It's week 10. Either the team doesn't expect to make the playoffs or they believe the player isn't much of a contributor.

He's eligible to return in 8 weeks. Typical recovery time for arthroscopic knee surgery is 6 weeks.

i saw that they rotated out Smith a lot.  So much for him being the WR2 on the team.

I will be dropping him.  His doughnut cost me a win this week.  I can't wait for the stretch to see if he will get consistent.

If they sign BMarshall, I will probably pick him up (slim pickings on the wire)

13 hours ago, XFlash said:

i saw that they rotated out Smith a lot.  So much for him being the WR2 on the team.

I will be dropping him.  His doughnut cost me a win this week.  I can't wait for the stretch to see if he will get consistent.

If they sign BMarshall, I will probably pick him up (slim pickings on the wire)

im baffled really....and while i think i will still get a h2h win if breida doesnt go nuts tonight(good chance he does)...he cost me another w and a chance to slide into first....i had agholor, ebron and burton on my bench( i do this every year at this poiint.....make piss poor lineup decisions...i literally could have won 3 years in a row if it werent for poor lineup decisions).....100 points in 2 weeks and only 3 targets...im baffled...i dont get it...he must be awful....if i didnt own him he would be going nuts

Tre'Quan is a good example of why I don't roster speculative wide receivers.  They are unpredictable.  Even when they do well, you don't know what you have.  I'd rather just roster 4 wide receivers who were drafted in the first 8 rounds of the draft.  When I need a wide receiver because of bye weeks or injuries, there is always a halfway decent speculative wide receiver available on the waiver wire.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Tre'Quan is a good example of why I don't roster speculative wide receivers.  They are unpredictable.  Even when they do well, you don't know what you have.  I'd rather just roster 4 wide receivers who were drafted in the first 8 rounds of the draft.  When I need a wide receiver because of bye weeks or injuries, there is always a halfway decent speculative wide receiver available on the waiver wire.

yeah...i hear ya...

but youre talking about the saints...theres a decent history of production...and he had a pretty good path the to #2 spot.....just figures when i grab and stash it doesnt pan out...also my league is a mando 4 wr every week with a flex...so were starting 5 guys alot of weeks...little different of a game when youre playing that way

Keith Kirkwood. This is a guy you want to keep an eye on as a Saints reciever. I picked him up for my DTS this week. He fits the 3 spot, does well in the slot and most of all, Brees and Payton have both been saying the things you want to hear from them. Intelligent football player, great catch radius, great desire and attitude. 

• Thanks 1