[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McKinnon Injured

michaelredd9

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jerick McKinnon suffered what appeared to be a "concerning" injury during Saturday's workout.

He missed time with a calf issue earlier this summer and was still working his way back, but this appears to be a new injury. McKinnon's status for Week 1 against the Vikings (his former team) was already up in the air before this development. Now he could be facing an extended absence. With Matt Breida (shoulder) also banged up, McKinnon owners would be wise to add Alfred Morris as an insurance policy.
Sep 1 - 3:55 PM

Per CBS sports, it was a non contact injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/49ers-jerick-mckinnon-suffers-non-contact-knee-injury/

Ruh roh.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Breida is a change of pace back. It will be Morris. 

The only reason Morris is even on the team is because of Breida injury.  Breida was getting a ton of touches last year.  The coach loves the kid. Like I said earlier, Morris will prob start 1st game due to Breida missing all of preseason.   But it will be Breida getting a 70-30 percent edge in touches imo.

Edited by Vato22

55 minutes ago, Vato22 said:

The only reason Morris is even on the team is because of Breida injury.  Breida was getting a ton of touches last year.  The coach loves the kid. Like I said earlier, Morris will prob start 1st game due to Breida missing all of preseason.   But it will be Breida getting a 70-30 percent edge in touches imo.

It's cool man. Everyone has their own opinion. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vato22 said:

Breida is healed and ready to go.. Morris may start 1st game, but Breida far more talented

Breida is a little guy, I know he is listed heavier  but hes more like a 180 lb back, and someone that you have with speed around the outside. He’s not an inside guy or someone that will get the goal line carries. I hope we find someone decent who got cut, or swing a trade. 

8 hours ago, mitpdub said:

Breida is a little guy, I know he is listed heavier  but hes more like a 180 lb back, and someone that you have with speed around the outside. He’s not an inside guy or someone that will get the goal line carries. I hope we find someone decent who got cut, or swing a trade. 

The Morris/Breida combo should work fine. It's a great change of pace backs with a pounder and a flyer. Breida could be used Sproles like.

9 hours ago, BERG said:

I just picked up breida and Morris but I don’t need another rb.  Am I just being a jerk to the guy who had McKinnon or is it fair to hope they end up being worth something to trade away ? 

I have never seen that strategy actually work out.Iy actually hurts you

7 minutes ago, weebo said:

Are we assuming that the rushing attack in San Fran is going to be good this year?

Why even get involved in a backfield that will be shared and mediocre at best.

In BB, both Morris and Breida can be had for around $5 as apposed to $35+ for a top RB. Great way to fill out the bottom of your cap. 

4 hours ago, weebo said:

Are we assuming that the rushing attack in San Fran is going to be good this year?

Why even get involved in a backfield that will be shared and mediocre at best.

It's not a matter if the rushing attack will be that good or not, but rather the value you can get each backup for over what everyone else "paid" for McKinnon.  Starting RB in the 2nd versus last couple rounds or waiver wire.  Plus, if you were able to pick up one or the other, it's never bad to have an extra starting RB on the bench, or use them as trade bait.