[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The hate for Mike Evans

oG1KeNoBi

It seems like there's a lot of hate for Mike Evans. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's his ADP people do not agree with or the possibility he does not produce without Winston. I'm not sure. Yes, he's not as valuable in maybe a PPR format, but he's still a low end WR1 in PPR formats is he not?

He's had 4 straight seasons with 1,000 yards receiving and has averaged 77 receptions per season. His TDs have been a little up and down throughout his career, but these are still pretty good numbers. He seems to be healthy to start the season. So what's the deal? 

I've discussed this a lot with Mike Evans owners and it seems they were very reluctant to take him and did so more because he was best available according to whatever rankings they were using. I own him in one of my leagues and feel comfortable rolling him out as my WR1. Does anyone feel any sort of way when it comes to Evans? 

10 minutes ago, loaf said:

it's jitters. I had him last year and took him pretty early. Hurt me with a down year after a monster 2016

Same boat.  Much of the same reason why people are down on Miller this year (myself included), but is primed to return value.

• Thanks 1

i was big on evans two preaseasons ago...i made a post about it...loved him to break out...drafted him in the 2nd round of 2 high stakes leagues...he was a joy to own and watch

usually in that situation i back off a guy the next year...because im weird like that and feel like the guy can only let me down or disappoint me if he cant do it again....evans was one of those guys i was right on

part of the reason i was on em a couple of years ago was that the vibe there was getting better.....jameis had shown some signs of life at the end of his rookie year...i felt theyd be in some games but still needing to do the work to win them or catch up......they seemed like an ascending team

now the vibe there is just kind of icky....the whole jameis thing....unsure what his status will be once he returns....the team...just seems kinda "meh"...they look like bottom of the division when coming into last year we thought they might be able to compete for it or even take it

that being said..the overall vibe i get from evans is that hes a good kid who keeps himself clean...and that hes a hard worker that wants to be good/great.....so with those things i think hes always a decent bet

• Thanks 1

Personally, I think its the QB and not the WR. If Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady were throwing to him I think people would be less concerned. I don't watch a lot of TB games, but I get the sense that Winston is a little inconsistent. Evans also has loads of talent. You look at the other top WR's and you have proven QB's- Rodgers ( Adams), Ryan ( Julio), Eli ( Beckham), Brees ( Thomas), Rivers ( Allen), Big Ben ( Brown). 

• Thanks 1

I can tell you this, if Mike Evans doesn't develop chemistry with (insert TB QB here) this year, he better look out because Chris Godwin is gonna be the shiny new toy in Tampa. There is just something about that kid. He's got a knack for coming down with the ball. He reminds me of another receiver who came out of nowhere called Antonio Brown.

Godwin is going to quickly supplant D-Jax as the #2 and my bold prediction is that he will finish the year with as many or more targets than Evans.

• Like 1

I was never really in a position to have to choose between him and another player in drafts this year, but I had no interest in him anyhow, got burned in multiple leagues by him last year. He was taken twice in the 2nd round and three times in the 3rd in my drafts this year. In Evans ADP area of the draft, I'da taken AJ, TY or even Cooper over him, or just gone RB and taken Howard or Mixon.

Edited by PPIchamp