Gourdeau

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Recommended Posts

Cam Hayward has his deal restructured to free up nearly 6 mil in space putting them at 12 mil under the cap. Bell's 14 already accounted for so if they don't pay him the 14 that's 26 mil in space..  They appear very confident in James Conner and the dressing room is growing tired of Bells no shows. I am sensing a trade on the horizon... id love to see It, perhaps Bell and some picks to the sea hawks for Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner. They are in dire need of an ILB and the safety position has been an issue for since Troy Polamalu left. 

 

www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/04/le… 

Screenshot_20180904-184135.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due the Seahawks really have extra defensive talent to trade? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they seem to be in a complete rebuild , Thomas is 29 and wants a new deal and is holding out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would the Seahawks trade their best two defenders for a RB like Bell?  When they already have Carson who they like and after spending a 1st on Penny?  Highly unlikely but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Would the Seahawks trade their best two defenders for a RB like Bell?  When they already have Carson who they like and after spending a 1st on Penny?  Highly unlikely but who knows.

Well that was more of a " I wish" type of trade but both are aging and the Steelers could certainly send some young defenders in any trade, Bud Dupree was a 1st round def talent who has not developed well in the Steelers system, perhaps a change of scenery..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Starting to regret drafting Bell...

Does it have you feeling......Blue?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gourdeau said:

Well that was more of a " I wish" type of trade but both are aging and the Steelers could certainly send some young defenders in any trade, Bud Dupree was a 1st round def talent who has not developed well in the Steelers system, perhaps a change of scenery..

 

Ah I see.  Yeah I seriously doubt the Seahawks would do something like that but again, who knows.  Something is obviously brewing that's for sure.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Starting to regret drafting Bell...

Glad I passed him by when he was there at 2, 

Edited by millworkguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is certainly no buzz about a Bell trade in Seattle.  And that trade scenario definitely sounds wishful.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why isn't this just freeing up money for a new Bell contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stethant said:

why isn't this just freeing up money for a new Bell contract?

 

He needed to sign by July 16th or else wait until the season is over.

 

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

He needed to sign by July 16th or else wait until the season is over.

 

Ah ok thx - that makes sense then. No dog in this hunt but historically the Steelers really do not tolerate this kind of nonsense and I wouldn't fault them a bit for trading him for good value

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he can be traded because he's not under contract, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rileyrott said:

I don't think he can be traded because he's not under contract, right?

Good point! He hasn't signed? 

Of course, negotiations can happen... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would the Seahawks trade for Bell after drafting Penny in the first?  That makes no sense at all, and isn't Carroll's style.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kdko said:

 

Why would the Seahawks trade for Bell after drafting Penny in the first?  That makes no sense at all, and isn't Carroll's style.

 

 

Drafting a running back in the 1st round shows that it is a priority.  Maybe they don't think Penny will be the answer.

 

Pete Carroll traded for Marshawn Lynch in his first season in Seattle.  In this year of rebuilding, maybe they want another franchise running back.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bell doesn't show this Wednesday morning.  Pittsburgh having James Connor who seems like he could be a good RB makes it easier for them to move on.  Bell has to realize this.  I just don't get why he is holding out now.  Nothing can be gained from it.  Also, from my understanding, doesn't he lose about 900k per game???  Also, if he is a free agent next year, just leave to another team that will pay or come close to pay your demands.  

 

Just stop screwing up my pick for Fantasy Football draft....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Bell doesn't show this Wednesday morning.  Pittsburgh having James Connor who seems like he could be a good RB makes it easier for them to move on.  Bell has to realize this.  I just don't get why he is holding out now.  Nothing can be gained from it.  Also, from my understanding, doesn't he lose about 900k per game???  Also, if he is a free agent next year, just leave to another team that will pay or come close to pay your demands.  

 

Just stop screwing up my pick for Fantasy Football draft....

he's holding out until Saturday morning wanting to not play or play limited snaps while still getting his $900k game check.

He's annoyed with PIT, wants to do the least this year, in part to annoy them back, but also in part to protect his body so he can get paid next year.

He figures that he can have a very down year this year and still get paid based on past performance. When teams ask him about this season next free agency, he can simply say that he was protecting his body so he can give it to the next team.

If I owned Bell, I'd wait until a good game and trade him because this is going to be season-long issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

he's holding out until Saturday morning wanting to not play or play limited snaps while still getting his $900k game check.

He's annoyed with PIT, wants to do the least this year, in part to annoy them back, but also in part to protect his body so he can get paid next year.

He figures that he can have a very down year this year and still get paid based on past performance. When teams ask him about this season next free agency, he can simply say that he was protecting his body so he can give it to the next team.

If I owned Bell, I'd wait until a good game and trade him because this is going to be season-long issue

 

I am assuming he has some bonuses tied up in that contract with performance.

 

It's just feels like a prick move though.  He should blame it on the NFLPA for agreeing with these type of contract of franchise tags.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think franchise tags are performance based?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.