[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Gourdeau

Cam Hayward has his deal restructured to free up nearly 6 mil in space putting them at 12 mil under the cap. Bell's 14 already accounted for so if they don't pay him the 14 that's 26 mil in space..  They appear very confident in James Conner and the dressing room is growing tired of Bells no shows. I am sensing a trade on the horizon... id love to see It, perhaps Bell and some picks to the sea hawks for Earl Thomas and Bobby Wagner. They are in dire need of an ILB and the safety position has been an issue for since Troy Polamalu left. 

www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/04/le… 

Screenshot_20180904-184135.png

13 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Would the Seahawks trade their best two defenders for a RB like Bell?  When they already have Carson who they like and after spending a 1st on Penny?  Highly unlikely but who knows.

Well that was more of a " I wish" type of trade but both are aging and the Steelers could certainly send some young defenders in any trade, Bud Dupree was a 1st round def talent who has not developed well in the Steelers system, perhaps a change of scenery..

Just now, Gourdeau said:

Well that was more of a " I wish" type of trade but both are aging and the Steelers could certainly send some young defenders in any trade, Bud Dupree was a 1st round def talent who has not developed well in the Steelers system, perhaps a change of scenery..

Ah I see.  Yeah I seriously doubt the Seahawks would do something like that but again, who knows.  Something is obviously brewing that's for sure.  

7 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He needed to sign by July 16th or else wait until the season is over.

Ah ok thx - that makes sense then. No dog in this hunt but historically the Steelers really do not tolerate this kind of nonsense and I wouldn't fault them a bit for trading him for good value

6 hours ago, kdko said:

Why would the Seahawks trade for Bell after drafting Penny in the first?  That makes no sense at all, and isn't Carroll's style.

Drafting a running back in the 1st round shows that it is a priority.  Maybe they don't think Penny will be the answer.

Pete Carroll traded for Marshawn Lynch in his first season in Seattle.  In this year of rebuilding, maybe they want another franchise running back.  

Bell doesn't show this Wednesday morning.  Pittsburgh having James Connor who seems like he could be a good RB makes it easier for them to move on.  Bell has to realize this.  I just don't get why he is holding out now.  Nothing can be gained from it.  Also, from my understanding, doesn't he lose about 900k per game???  Also, if he is a free agent next year, just leave to another team that will pay or come close to pay your demands.  

Just stop screwing up my pick for Fantasy Football draft....

6 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

he's holding out until Saturday morning wanting to not play or play limited snaps while still getting his $900k game check.

He's annoyed with PIT, wants to do the least this year, in part to annoy them back, but also in part to protect his body so he can get paid next year.

He figures that he can have a very down year this year and still get paid based on past performance. When teams ask him about this season next free agency, he can simply say that he was protecting his body so he can give it to the next team.

If I owned Bell, I'd wait until a good game and trade him because this is going to be season-long issue

I am assuming he has some bonuses tied up in that contract with performance.

It's just feels like a prick move though.  He should blame it on the NFLPA for agreeing with these type of contract of franchise tags.   

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Drafting a running back in the 1st round shows that it is a priority.  Maybe they don't think Penny will be the answer.

Pete Carroll traded for Marshawn Lynch in his first season in Seattle.  In this year of rebuilding, maybe they want another franchise running back.  

Did they also draft a RB in the first round of that draft?  C'mon man.  I think it's insane to think that Seattle would trade for Bell.  We don't even know if they'll have a healthy WR1 in Baldwin this year.

The Bell owner in our league is in  mess if Bell sits out a few games or is limited due to being rusty. He has Gurley as his other top RB (both keepers from last year) but then his first RB drafted was Penny who won't be too valuable early, also drafted Nick Chubb (same thing) and Frank Gore. If Bell sits his options are limited and not good.

I barely missed on drafting Conner, I was reading this thread yesterday and should have moved him up my list a bit more, he went about 5 picks before where I was going to take him. Would be really good not just for the start of this season, but possibly as a future starting RB that I'd keep for years. 

Either way its great for the Browns this weekend, I doubt he even plays at this point.