Gourdeau

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Not gonna happen. He's gonna sit 2 more games upon returning if he returns...I'd bet just about anything on it. Then he's gonna take 2 or 3 games to get in shape. There's no way they are taking 25% of the load away from Conners let alone 50% ... and again that is if he reports.

My belief at this point is that bell is probably benefiting from Conners success in the sense that he's likely OK to sit the whole season knowing it's highly unlikely that the steelers would tag him again. Theyve seen what Conner can do for them so why bother with bell... in other words Bell is probably to be released next off season.  Just my belief

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Not gonna happen. He's gonna sit 2 more games upon returning if he returns...I'd bet just about anything on it. Then he's gonna take 2 or 3 games to get in shape. There's no way they are taking 25% of the load away from Conners let alone 50% ... and again that is if he reports.

My belief at this point is that bell is probably benefiting from Conners success in the sense that he's likely OK to sit the whole season knowing it's highly unlikely that the steelers would tag him again. Theyve seen what Conner can do for them so why bother with bell... in other words Bell is probably to be released next off season.  Just my belief

Yeah I'd be shocked if Bell plays this season.  

Man what a mess.

If he comes back now next year tag is worth less than if he was to stay out all year. He comes back now he'd be looking at about 10mil a year on a tag. If he sits. He is looking at 14.5 again. But he knows at worst they might tranny tag him and let offers come in. 

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

at worst they might tranny tag him and let offers come in. 

LeQuiesha Bell?

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

LeQuiesha Belle?

Fixed

I'm probably in a minority of one but I'd rather own Bell than Conner for weeks 14-16.

Edited by michaelredd9

20 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm probably in a minority of one but I'd rather own Bell than Conner for weeks 14-16.

Why ? 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Why ? 

I think he is more likely to get a heavier load if he is signed.  I should have qualified the statement that it is based on him signing by Nov 13th.

Edited by michaelredd9

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Do the Steelers get any compensation if he doesn't sign this year and they release him after the season? I'm thinking no based on what I've read. Why not tag and trade him, or tag him and keep him from other teams if he wants to hold out again and never play that's his choice. 

Its like they have one year of his career left they should have gotten, but just decide to walk away?

That was kind of the argument being made by the Browns for not releasing Gordon, and in the end they traded him.

No compensation unless he accrues season and hits FA.. tag and trade only works if he signs the tag and it's a hard trade to make because the receiving team is bound by that tag also and can't negotiate a deal... but what I'm wondering is let's say they Trans tag him.. a team like the Jets offer him a 5 year deal.. steelers don't match, do they get compensation then.. that I don't know..

I am SO glad i moved on from him this off season.... Don't have him on any of my teams... While curious where/If he will ever show up, not holding my breath or holding out hope for anything....

umm, what?

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly reports there's a "real possibility" Le'Veon Bell won’t report by the franchise tag deadline.

Bell tweeted Monday he was leaving his training spot in Miami. There were rumblings he planned to sign his franchise tag this week, but there's now a chance he sits out all season. Bell counts as a third-year franchise player in 2019 even if he doesn't sign, so his $25 million tag number will prevent the Steelers from franchising him again in the offseason. Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary if he doesn't report before next week. Source: The Athletic
Nov 7 - 9:26 AM

so you don't have to play the six games to accrue the season to prevent being tagged again at the current year's level?

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

umm, what?

so you don't have to play the six games to accrue the season to prevent being tagged again at the current year's level?

Yup, that was what i was reading ast night, (across 6-8 outlets) even nfl.com was saying it, as well that if it happens the Steelers and nfl are not planning to object to him being a 3rd time franchise player

18 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

umm, what?

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly reports there's a "real possibility" Le'Veon Bell won’t report by the franchise tag deadline.

Bell tweeted Monday he was leaving his training spot in Miami. There were rumblings he planned to sign his franchise tag this week, but there's now a chance he sits out all season. Bell counts as a third-year franchise player in 2019 even if he doesn't sign, so his $25 million tag number will prevent the Steelers from franchising him again in the offseason. Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary if he doesn't report before next week. Source: The Athletic
Nov 7 - 9:26 AM

This is ridiculous. How could they wait all year to report this.

18 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Yup, that was what i was reading ast night, (across 6-8 outlets) even nfl.com was saying it, as well that if it happens the Steelers and nfl are not planning to object to him being a 3rd time franchise player

sounds like some back channel negotiating where the rumors of a hand-shake agreement that PIT will not tag Bell again if he doesn't show up this year. I guess the language in the CBA is unclear and PIT, Bell's agent and an NFL rep have all agree to let this happen... tho it does create  a precedent that I don't they thought through as all future issues with unclear language can be "negotiated" behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

This is ridiculous. How could they wait all year to report this.

this! ^ wtf?

my guess is they didn't now this and the manipulations are simply new.

I'm glad I've avoided Bell and this mess in FF.

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

... tho it does create  a precedent that I don't they thought through as all future issues with unclear language can be "negotiated" behind the scenes.

if this happens, i predict one immediate consequence to this is that players will announce very early in the off-season that if a deal doesn't get done that they will not report all season. Even on the first franchise tag. This precedent will help take the TEAM's teeth out of the tag and weaken the team's position. This is a good thing, but also surprising.

Reports are Bell is in Pittsburgh.  He was seen playing basketball at a LA Fitness last night.  I also thought this was very odd but backstory is that it is his typical gym when in Pittsburgh.  Back channels also believe that Bell plans to attend the MSU/Ohio St game this weekend in East Lansing and then report on Nov 13.

It looks like it doesn't really matter if he reports this year or not as far as whether he will be free to negotiate with other teams as either an unrestricted FA or under the transition tag so why not get paid for 6 games.  I guess the only insight is why would he come to Pittsburgh from Miami if he had no intention of reporting, he could have just flown to MSU on Friday for the game Saturday then back to Miami.

Well apparently no one understands what the NFL and NFLPA have negotiated, I'm not even sure they know.  :wacko:

And this is how we get rules that make "what is a catch" overly complicated. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Def. said:

Well apparently no one understands what the NFL and NFLPA have negotiated, I'm not even sure they know.  :wacko:

And this is how we get rules that make "what is a catch" overly complicated. 

Actually those rules are far less complicated now, but contracts, tags and all that stuff are legal documents and other multi party agreements that are always quite complex. 

This whole story is fascinating, mind boggling and hopefully something that is clarified in time. 

2 hours ago, soopanuts said:

Man, the next CBA is gonna be a pain in the a$s to finalize.

I smell a lockout 

2 hours ago, squirrelmastr21 said:

What exactly does putting the text upside down prove? It does seem childish.

sign of distress?