[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Gourdeau

4 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Honestly, even though this came out this morning at 9:50, this news really isn't any different than what's been reported the last 24 hours. They "believe" Bell will report. I'm waiting for confirmation that the 2 sides have talked, which may not come until he actually shows up at the facilities.  Should be interesting, so many options here...

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He would of got that from day 1 

Yeah, but he was trying to make a point with the holdout and it backfired. 

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Politics.. they expect him to for no other reason than the deadline is Tuesday and that's what people do.. they meet deadlines.. 

18 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Rappoport says the Steelers really want Bell back? Seriously? 

Conner currently leads the AFC in rushing.  He's not as great a receiver as Bell, but Conner is doing fine.

Couple weeks ago he reported that the Patriots were punishing Gordon for being late to meetings and sitting him, we need to stop believing this guy.

A statement from the Rooneys that they believe he is returning is at least a real source.

I will say that adding Bell to that already potent offense, will make them better, like Ingram and Kamara. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Couple weeks ago he reported that the Patriots were punishing Gordon for being late to meetings and sitting him, we need to stop believing this guy.

A statement from the Rooneys that they believe he is returning is at least a real source.

I don't believe Rooney knows anymore than me or you. His comments read like wishful thinking.

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

are we sure he can't play this season if he doesn't show up by tuesday?

Some of us (me!) thought he had to play six games for him to be UFA or at least the tag escalate to the 3rd season ($20+million?) and that, APPARENTLY, turned out to be incorrect.

so maybe this info is wrong too?

He's not eligible for the 2018 season if he doesn't report by Tuesday. They can still franchise tag him next year but they won"t, they can't afford a 3rd tag. They have Conner on a rookie deal so it would make no sense. Anyway you slice it he's a free agent next season. The Steelers would get a 3rd round pick as compensation.

My best guesses.

Play 6 games (or injured and/or injury settlement) for a year credit towards retirement benefits and a good contract year.

Plenty of players sign contracts with a few games left in the year, just not fully creditable. 

A tag is a designation, not needing a creditable year. Independent of games played. 

Dont sign the tag / tender means not under contract. 

Compensatory pick will be in a formula based upon number of players lost / brought in, and the $ / years of contracts signed on the incoming/outgoing players. 

Edited by Riffraff

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

shefter just tweeted that Bell will report tomorrow morning.

My goodness is this a joke or a roller coaster ride?