[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lev Bell - Something is brewing in Burgh

Gourdeau

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

The Bell owner in our league is in  mess if Bell sits out a few games or is limited due to being rusty. He has Gurley as his other top RB (both keepers from last year) but then his first RB drafted was Penny who won't be too valuable early, also drafted Nick Chubb (same thing) and Frank Gore. If Bell sits his options are limited and not good.

I barely missed on drafting Conner, I was reading this thread yesterday and should have moved him up my list a bit more, he went about 5 picks before where I was going to take him. Would be really good not just for the start of this season, but possibly as a future starting RB that I'd keep for years. 

Either way its great for the Browns this weekend, I doubt he even plays at this point. 

Browns baby!  Also hopefully forces Ben to huck the ball at AB 20 times :headbang:

Edited by kdko

Agent was on sirius radio today, said Bell knows the Steelers will run him into the ground and they ( Bells camp) are trying to manage his workload to maximize his value.. told everyone to read between the lines on what that means.. IE 10 game hold out 

"Reading between the lines here, as agent Adisa Bakari says we should do, LeVeon is worried about the amount of carries the #Steelers will give him in 2018 and may sit out the full 10 games" https://t.co/8w1rxet9Cy

Edited by Gourdeau

24 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Agent was on sirius radio today, said Bell knows the Steelers will run him into the ground and they ( Bells camp) are trying to manage his workload to maximize his value.. told everyone to read between the lines on what that means.. IE 10 game hold out 

"Reading between the lines here, as agent Adisa Bakari says we should do, LeVeon is worried about the amount of carries the #Steelers will give him in 2018 and may sit out the full 10 games" https://t.co/8w1rxet9Cy

I hate fantasy football...

55 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Take my homer advice and if Conner is already taken in your leagues and grab Jaylen Samuels. 

Care to offer a bit more?  Like why he'd be of value other than just being on depth chart (the one I see he is behind Stevan Ridley as well) and possibility that Bell sits out longer?

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Care to offer a bit more?  Like why he'd be of value other than just being on depth chart (the one I see he is behind Stevan Ridley as well) and possibility that Bell sits out longer?

Yeah please do. This guy is listed as a RB/TE in my league. If he ends up playing significant snaps if Bell misses time, it looks like the steal of the century to play him at the TE spot.

I've heard he has to be back and playing by week 10 for this season to count and him to become a free agent. Week 10 is the second weekend in November. The Steelers host the Panthers on Thursday night that week.

This would mean Bell owners get him for 4 games of the regular season and the playoffs (if their team survives the loss of high cost asset. 

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you're correct on all points.

however, just my guess, but I don't think Bell owners will get four FULL games from him. I'm guessing he's going to limit his risk.

How can he limit his risk, fake injuries and not play? Does that work to your benefit as a free agent seeking a huge contract?

To me its like cheating on your wife with a woman, getting divorced and then marrying her, how can she trust the guy not to cheat again?

• Confused 1

After all the reports coming from the Steelers locker room, there is no way he is coming back , even if he shows up week 10, his ass is gonna be on the bench, no way they mess with the team chemistry after 10 weeks. 

One veteran Steeler told me players waited a day to criticize Bell to give him a chance to come in Wednesday but "he f---ed us."

Maurkice Pouncey also issued this reminder: "A star is born every year in the NFL. Did anyone know Kareem Hunt would be an All-Pro before last season? If James Conner didn't have cancer, he'd have been a first round pick. Just watch him." #Steelers

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/05/leveon-bell-contract-holdout-ramon-foster-david-decastro/stories/201809050169

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/leveon-bell-situation-quickly-disintegrates/

As for Jaylen Samuels, based on all the steelers insiders I follow and listen to on podcasts, Samuels is a dynamic pass catching RB, with superb pass blocking ability, will definitely not be a 30 carry for conner type of situation, Conner is not a 3 down back.

I actually love what is happening to him, to me these comments from players are not just frustration from today, this has been brewing and they have had enough of it and so have the fans, hope he sits all 10 and maybe more. Have said for a long time that the Steelers depend too much on him when he's in there, statistically they are better in yards per game and points per game when he is not there. 

So for fantasy purposes how do we feel about Conner as a starter? Where would you rank him compared to other backs? Is he in the realm of Joe Mixon, Jordan Howard, Kareem Hunt? What do you guys think? We all saw what DeAngelo was able to do while filling in for Bell and he was in the twilight of his career

He's not going to be a 3 down back. Much different runner than Bell,  he is a downhill runner who hits the hole hard, he's physical, 6'2, 235lbs, I'd roll him out as a high end RB2 with upside in that offense. I saw today that his ADP is somewhere in the 5th round

16 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

He's not going to be a 3 down back. Much different runner than Bell,  he is a downhill runner who hits the hole hard, he's physical, 6'2, 235lbs, I'd roll him out as a high end RB2 with upside in that offense. I saw today that his ADP is somewhere in the 5th round

Sounds like Jordan Howard then. My guess is if Bell wasn’t in the picture he’d go much earlier than that

16 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

After all the reports coming from the Steelers locker room, there is no way he is coming back , even if he shows up week 10, his ass is gonna be on the bench, no way they mess with the team chemistry after 10 weeks. 

One veteran Steeler told me players waited a day to criticize Bell to give him a chance to come in Wednesday but "he f---ed us."

Maurkice Pouncey also issued this reminder: "A star is born every year in the NFL. Did anyone know Kareem Hunt would be an All-Pro before last season? If James Conner didn't have cancer, he'd have been a first round pick. Just watch him." #Steelers

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/05/leveon-bell-contract-holdout-ramon-foster-david-decastro/stories/201809050169

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/leveon-bell-situation-quickly-disintegrates/

Why wouldn't he eventually come back, if he doesn't report and play he isn't a free agent next year, right?

And when he comes back he'll play after getting some time in practice. He gives them a better chance to win and they are not going to sit him.