[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons / Eagles

Shorttynaz

7 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I put that loss on Matt Ryan.  Dude holds onto the football WAY too long and takes unnecessary sacks.  Secondly, he looks for Jones every single time he drops back.  Forced passes to Jones on that last set of plays was stupid.  Hooper, Sanu, Ridley, Coleman - FFS dude you know Jones is double covered.  

You'd think by now Ryan would have learned to throw the ball away but NOooooo. Matty Ice Berg just sits there waiting to get hit or rolls into sacks like always. After losing the SB by taking an horrible sack fumble you would think he would have adjusted his clock but obviously that's not the case. A veteran QB keeps doing the same thing over and over again. Crazy.

Edited by Cowboyz1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes.  We are.

While Tevon Coleman owner's eyebrows went up a bit. Please don't get me wrong, I hate injuries to any player. If we could have an injury free season that would be a wonderful miracle and make for a wonderful year of football. However, it never seems to happen that way as some years the hammer and some years the nail.

Edited by Cowboyz1

9 hours ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

Is it possible for Matt Ryan to not completely air ball it in the red zone? Jesus. That clearly isn’t working.

I’m not even a Falcons fan and that was frustrating to watch. 

He's terrible at throwing that back shoulder fade. But I'd be more concerned with the play calling. What were they thinking at times?

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He's terrible at throwing that back shoulder fade. But I'd be more concerned with the play calling. What were they thinking at times?

Yeah, I have to ask the same question the announcer was asking all night, why take Julio Jones off the field at goal to goal situations. That makes NO sense to me at all either. He's the biggest, fastest, knuckle draggin beast out there on your team and you have him on the bench???? With problems scoring in the red zone no less. I have to tell you has me shakin my head too.

27 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Yeah, I have to ask the same question the announcer was asking all night, why take Julio Jones off the field at goal to goal situations. That makes NO sense to me at all either. He's the biggest, fastest, knuckle draggin beast out there on your team and you have him on the bench???? With problems scoring in the red zone no less. I have to tell you has me shakin my head too.

I agree. I don't think the Eagles had an answer for Julio. But why would you ever take Julio off the field? If anything use him as a decoy. He takes 2 defensive players with him. Terrible play calling. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I agree. I don't think the Eagles had an answer for Julio. But why would you ever take Julio off the field? If anything use him as a decoy. He takes 2 defensive players with him. Terrible play calling. 

Sarkisian in the red zone looks to be just as bad this year as last. I won't overreact to one game but the play calling must improve.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Props to your D though as they took him away when it counted most. Maybe he's cover-able in the redzone? 3 Td's last year, ton of yards and catches but when it comes to points not so much.

Still he's got to be out there right?

8 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Maybe he's cover-able in the redzone? 3 Td's last year, ton of yards and catches but when it comes to points not so much.

And he only had 6 touchdowns the year before when Matt Ryan threw 38 touchdowns.  In his career, he has 7 touchdowns from inside the 8 yard line.  That averages to one a year.  Some receivers need space to operate.  He does catch a lot of his passes in stride.

• Like 1