[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers at Browns game to have extreme weather

michaelredd9

This is going to make for a lot of difficult lineup decisions.

Severe rain and wind expected when Steelers visit Cleveland on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 7, 2018, 5:07 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

In Cleveland, a torrential downpour and high winds are expected on Sunday afternoon when the Steelers visit the Browns. Cleveland meteorologist Jeff Tanchak said it’s going to be miserable at FirstEnergy Stadium.

“All day Sunday and Sunday night we are looking at continuous heavy rain. Winds will be gusting up to 40 mph at times,” Tanchak said. “I have not seen a worse weather forecast for a Browns game in the almost 16 years I have been here and that includes snow events. I have no idea how they will be able to play football or how people will be able to sit in that stadium and watch a game.”

The NFL has confirmed it is monitoring the weather forecast in Cleveland. If there is lightning in the area, the NFL will delay the game. Heavy rain and wind alone are usually not enough to cause a delay.

Edited by michaelredd9

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

hmmm...interesting....good call michael

might have to sit juju and throw trey burton in there....

I actually think juju may be the one WR who could benefit from this.  He can turn short passes into long gains. And with DBs sliding all over the place, he could have a big game. Without Bell I still see Big Ben passing quite a bit, and with AB getting doubled juju could be solid. 

1 minute ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

I actually think juju may be the one WR who could benefit from this.  He can turn short passes into long gains. And with DBs sliding all over the place, he could have a big game. Without Bell I still see Big Ben passing quite a bit, and with AB getting doubled juju could be solid. 

fair point....juju has shown that ability.....and id hate to sit him right off the bat over something like weather

how you think that tenn defense is looking? they are my only defense so i dont have a choice but you think they can make some noise on the road in week 1?

48 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

fair point....juju has shown that ability.....and id hate to sit him right off the bat over something like weather

how you think that tenn defense is looking? they are my only defense so i dont have a choice but you think they can make some noise on the road in week 1?

The titans defense is average. They improved their secondary but still lack a good pass rush. That said, it’s the Dolphins, so I think you’re probably going to get ok, yet unspectacular points from them. 

44 minutes ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

The titans defense is average. They improved their secondary but still lack a good pass rush. That said, it’s the Dolphins, so I think you’re probably going to get ok, yet unspectacular points from them. 

they were tied for 5th in the league for team sack totals last year( granted theres alot of teams that are seperated by 1 or 2)...so they cant be terrible....improved secondary can only help

I'm leaving as I have to run a couple errands before I get to the bar to watch the game

You can text me if you want more up to date weather

Rain's stopped and no wind as of now - 9:25

I've got Landry and not even considering sitting him.

Looking at weather now the heaviest rains will be south of Cleveland even south of me in Akron 30 miles south of the lake. Also not seeing any 4MPH winds. The path of the storm must have changed because the northernmost counties in NE Ohio were removed from the flash flood warnings, which includes Cleveland.