[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why are Yahoo projections so lousy?

seahawk3133

Post draft - my team was ranked by far the worst of my 10 team league by Yahoo.

But week 1 with me playing 3 players with lower projections than guys on my bench - I was a 10 point favorite over a team who got a A- for his draft & he started his top projection team. 

How can their projections be so random? 

Cause they're using projections put in place back in June I would assume.  I don't play FF on Yahoo anymore, but we use ESPN for both leagues I'm in.  It's no different. 

• I was projected to lose 118 - 131 in my smaller league.  That game is now over and I won 175-100.
  • In my main local I was projected to lose 121 - 129.  I'm losing 112 - 113, but I have Brandin Cooks and my opponent has Matt Prater. 

2 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

The simple solution is to pay no attention to yahoo projections

Same goes for CBS and most other mainstream fantasy info. Either pay for some good info, or find a free source that is not tied with something like Yahoo, ESPN, CBS.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, seahawk3133 said:

I get that they are bad, but I don't get how my team sucked post-draft on Wednesday & by Saturday I was close to the best team ...

I presume the only updates these sites make to projections are for active and inactive players.  If a players has not played all season but he plays his 1st game in week 8, he gets a projection. 

The rest of the projections are set months before the season starts and not updated

4 hours ago, seahawk3133 said:

Post draft - my team was ranked by far the worst of my 10 team league by Yahoo.

But week 1 with me playing 3 players with lower projections than guys on my bench - I was a 10 point favorite over a team who got a A- for his draft & he started his top projection team. 

How can their projections be so random? 

You're asking why predicting the future is so hard?