[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 Waiver Wire

michaelredd9

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

so let me detail my first week of waivers....this league has about 10k in payouts(I'm sure many here play in similar leagues or ones even larger)....12 team ppr....start 1qb 2rbs 4rec 1 flx 1k 1 def(no mando TE they are receivers)

$500 cap for the year

enunwa won for 97....failed bids 72,75, 55, 58, 25, 65

Lindsay won for 71...failed bids 53,25,31

bears D won for 107...failed bids 6

kittle won for 116...failed bids 35

Beasley won for 45...failed bids 10

j cook won for 121...failed bids 116

Ouch, its got to hurt for that guy to know he over bid by 20% on a defense...

8 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Am I reading that info wrong, the defense went for 107, the failed bid was 6, that's a lot more than 20% over bid.  

Just trying to understand, not calling you out. 

Oh wait, now I see, 107 is approx 20% of the $500 cap, but that is more like a 1500% overbid (7 would have been enough, even 10 would make his over 100 bid be 10 times too high.

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Am I reading that info wrong, the defense went for 107, the failed bid was 6, that's a lot more than 20% over bid.  

Just trying to understand, not calling you out. 

Oh wait, now I see, 107 is approx 20% of the $500 cap, but that is more like a 1500% overbid (7 would have been enough, even 10 would make his over 100 bid be 10 times too high.

20% of his budget worth of an overbid, my bad

Edited by jamesplante11

Just now, jamesplante11 said:

Bears d has some nice matchups down the line...and even the so-so ones could be good of they are as good of a unit as some think....it may pay off in the long run

But I def agree....gotta hurt....one doesn't know what type of injuries might pop up over the next 7 weeks.....and then there's always the 2nd half monsters like devante two years ago and juju last year....both got picked up midway for 200+ the last two years in this league....ur gonna wanna have some scratch available

49 minutes ago, kdko said:

Chicago Bears put up 13 points (in my league) still against a possessed Aaron Rodgers.  They could still be this years Jaguars.  There aren't many defensive units that are set and forget this year, but believe they're one of them.

Problem most of that D scoring points were not with Rodgers in the game.  Mack had a strip sack of Kizer, and a pick six. One of the other 3 sacks was on Kizer. In my leauge they also scored 13 (6 for TD, 1/turnover[2], 1/sack[4] and one for points allowed). That makes it 10 points with Kizer in the game, only 2 with Rodgers, the 1 for points allowed a group effort.  If Rodgers never left the game it really isn't that close, 

Not saying they cannot be a good D and put up points, they sure are a lot better with Mack. Just pointing out much of that D scoring came off the horrible play of Kizer. 

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Chicago Bears put up 13 points (in my league) still against a possessed Aaron Rodgers.  They could still be this years Jaguars.  There aren't many defensive units that are set and forget this year, but believe they're one of them.

Agreed, its not that the guy bid on the Bears, or even that he bid $107. There's nothing wrong with making sure you get who you want.

What hurts is finding out how much everyone else bid and KNOWING. I would feel comfortable bidding 20% on a set and forget defense. Its just knowing I bid $107 and the next closest was $6, I would feel much better not knowing

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

Agreed, its not that the guy bid on the Bears, or even that he bid $107. There's nothing wrong with making sure you get who you want.

What hurts is finding out how much everyone else bid and KNOWING. I would feel comfortable bidding 20% on a set and forget defense. Its just knowing I bid $107 and the next closest was $6, I would feel much better not knowing

ya id say it hurts more than seeing what others bid every time helps...im sure it helps for some guys and they find it useful....but i feel the waiver wire bidding is so unpredictable from week to week that you cant really gauge much seeing the losing bids......ive tried looking back on the last 2 years of transactions and cant find anything useful on the other owners