[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there any website that allows retroactive schedule adjustments?

hezagenius

I am commissioner of a league in Yahoo and updated the schedule prior to the season so each team plays division opponents twice and everyone else once, but it must not have saved because the default matchups are still there.  I was out of the country last week and could not edit the week 1 schedule on my phone.  It wouldn't let me drag and drop teams in the Edit Schedule screen.  I got back home tonight and was going to update last week's schedule on my computer but it turns out Yahoo won't let you do that.  If I remember correctly, Yahoo had a pay version of their free site that had more customization options.  Do they still have that and can last week's schedule be modified?

Or are there any pay sites that allow you to set and modify previous week's schedules?  MFL or some other site?  Or any other free site?

I think i'm understanding your question correctly... you've edited future scheduling and you're trying to edit the week 1 matchups? Unfortunately you can't in yahoo. HOWEVER you can edit the scores manually. But this would be an issue if two teams that were playing eachother were supposed to win, so I don't think that would work. Would probably just have to edit the schedule with the existing week 1 on paper. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal if you were dead set on doing it this way. Anyone who isn't playing within their division, it would just count as their one game against everyone else, people playing within their division, would just count for a divisional game.

I already have the schedule built for each week and there's no single week that has the games that corresponded to the default games Yahoo had.  If I leave the week 1 games as is, I can't reconcile out the rest of the season so that each team plays the correct number of in-division and out-of-division games.  Not to mention that I already told managers who they'd be playing in week 1 so if I left it as is, some teams would get wins that should have lost and vice versa.

For example, on the website, the guy I played beat me, but in my schedule, we both won.  So I can't just edit scores to make the outcome correct.  Can I manually override standings in Yahoo?

I was just looking on our CBS league site and the matchups appear to be changeble for week one, but I'm not going to actually try it.

If we had this issue in our league we'd want to try and get it fixed on our league site if possible, but there are other issue like waivers which ran Wed @ 2AM based on order set from the standings. 

If CBS will let you edit previous schedules then you may be able to transfer the whole league to CBS and then just edit the rosters/standings manually. But that seems like too much work. Best to just apologize to the league and move forward the best you can(and eat that big fat L you got).

Edited by Inziladun

You can edit the entire schedule on CBS, of course it is going to cost you $180.  Although I think I can give you a code that saves you $30 and I think I get a referral fee of $100.  If you're actually considering this I will send you $70 of the referral when I get it which is probably not until January or something knowing CBS.  At least that cuts your league fee to $80 though.

I was noodling this more and while I'm always partial to making a buck or 30, I think your best option would be to just start a new league on Yahoo and abandon the old.  I think you can retro to week 1 and just set the schedule before you enter the draft.  

I think the hassle would be brutal either way but at least you know everyone in your league has a yahoo account and can join the new league relatively quickly.  If you go CBS option everyone will need a CBS login and to join the league.

22 minutes ago, Courduroy said:

I was noodling this more and while I'm always partial to making a buck or 30, I think your best option would be to just start a new league on Yahoo and abandon the old.  I think you can retro to week 1 and just set the schedule before you enter the draft.  

I think the hassle would be brutal either way but at least you know everyone in your league has a yahoo account and can join the new league relatively quickly.  If you go CBS option everyone will need a CBS login and to join the league.

I'm not sure if you can do this in yahoo. In any league where i've started a week late(yahoo) the week 1 was just omitted from the schedule and the season was 1 week shorter.

I ended up building the league on MFL.  They have the ability to make schedule changes to week 1 and recalculate so at least I was able to get things back on track.  It is a hassle for the other owners to sign up but MFL is better than Yahoo in my opinion and I'll eat the cost of the league setup.  It was pretty reasonably priced for a new league switching over from another site.  We'll see if people want to keep MFL next year.

31 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

I ended up building the league on MFL.  They have the ability to make schedule changes to week 1 and recalculate so at least I was able to get things back on track.  It is a hassle for the other owners to sign up but MFL is better than Yahoo in my opinion and I'll eat the cost of the league setup.  It was pretty reasonably priced for a new league switching over from another site.  We'll see if people want to keep MFL next year.

Good job hope your league owners know they've got a good commish.