[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday night Bengals/Ravens

Wolverines Fan

Bungles just totally gifted a TD to the Ravens when they appeared poised to put it away early.  They remind me of the Falcons: they can be good, but never great and they will never win a SB (not with the key personnel  they have in place now at least). 

mixon is nowhere near comparible to gurley...im sorry...i own them both..im pulling for mixon...but hes not nearly as fluid and cant make guys miss really at this level....hes a decent back but i dunno if hell ever be elite/special.....i hope im wrong...i just dont see it...although some of it is prob this line

I'm hoping for a ton of garbage time from Flacco in the 4th Q. And I could really use a lot of clock runoff by Mixon. Tucker is gonna be a dud tonight down 14. Maybe he'll boot a 50+ to make it up. 

Oh and Collins is gonna be on my bench after tonight if he doesn't do more than this. Doesn't help that F@CKBUCK is vulturing the TD's. I hate Vultures. Rotten human beings...every damn last one of em. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

mixon is nowhere near comparible to gurley...im sorry...i own them both..im pulling for mixon...but hes not nearly as fluid and cant make guys miss really at this level....hes a decent back but i dunno if hell ever be elite/special.....i hope im wrong...i just dont see it...although some of it is prob this line

We can't even blame the line, they didn't allow a sack on Dalton all night. But I agree with him not being able to achieve elite status.  Looks like a solid back, but can't get to that god tier.

9 hours ago, kdko said:

We can't even blame the line, they didn't allow a sack on Dalton all night. But I agree with him not being able to achieve elite status.  Looks like a solid back, but can't get to that god tier.

I never understood the problem with people just being "good;" elite means elite. He's in his 2nd year and has already shown a huge improvement in his game. I think the Bengals will be very happy with a 48th pick of a draft being "good" or "very good."

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 2

I am certainly drowning my sorrows this morning but I still can not get past the fact that Harbaugh opted to not kick a FG with 25 seconds left.  I get it was only 2nd down but the ball had been spiked, clock stopped and your down 2 scores.  You're in fg range best case scenario you recover an onside and have 1 maybe 2 shots at a hail mary td.  you at least have to give yourself an opportunity to tie the game. 

I think Harbaugh is a good guy but I won't miss him when the Ravens miss the playoffs again this year.

A game that should have been a great opportunity for Collins to solidify his RB2 status...sees the Bengals go up two scores early...Mosley going down really hurt the Ravens Def — not as much as Flacco — but that hurt...Seems to me the coaching staff just doesn’t trust Collins...He finally gets on the field for the last drive and doesn’t get targeted and sees Maxx get a carry over him...crazy...

12 hours ago, Big John said:

Another cheap roughing the passer call.

Was that the one where the BAL player took extra step after the pass and shoved Dalton down?  If so no reason whatsoever to make contact, let alone throw the guy down. People can say it is wrong but these are the rules the refs were told to enforce more strictly. The NFL doesn't want their starting QBs hurt early in the season, it is bad for the game. It may be borderline, but it is going to get called more often. 

Later in the game there was a PI call where the defender clearly had a hold of the jersey for several steps. Joe & Troy complained saying it didn't affect his ability to make the catch or run his pattern. Since when does that matter?  Seems like these two just have an ax to grind with the NFL, maybe they're mad they'll have to work 2 games some weeks. 

Funny thing was later (just before halftime) the Bengals were granted a timeout when the official hadn't noticed the coach and made any signal until AFTER THE BALL WAS SNAPPED.  How was that allowed?  And no mention by the dynamic dufi in the booth?