LordOpie

Andrews, Mark BAL TE

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

If I am looking for underdog TE's, I personally like Goedert or Gerald Everett.  Hayden Hurst + Andrews + Lamar is not a formula I am high on 

Agree on Goedert but everyone is paying attention to him and his ADP is likely to be overinflated by the time we get to August aka no value there anymore.

I am skeptical of Lamar Jackson as an NFL QB as well - all I'm saying is that Baltimore may not end up the FFL wasteland like the Redskins, for example. I would not invest early or often in Ravens players but a few calculated risks later in the draft could bear fruit. If it turns out they suck, then cut 'em and move on.

1 hour ago, stethant said:

Agree on Goedert but everyone is paying attention to him and his ADP is likely to be overinflated by the time we get to August aka no value there anymore.

I am skeptical of Lamar Jackson as an NFL QB as well - all I'm saying is that Baltimore may not end up the FFL wasteland like the Redskins, for example. I would not invest early or often in Ravens players but a few calculated risks later in the draft could bear fruit. If it turns out they suck, then cut 'em and move on.

yeah

if your league is not shallow, then andrews should be drafted in every league and I think before Hurst.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:24 PM, stethant said:

I never roster 2 TEs in my redraft leagues but I am wondering this year about a flyer on Andrews late in the draft. You may have to give him 3-4 weeks to see what you have - if he hits maybe trade bait, or maybe a hedge if your TE1 underperforms for some reason. Agree that Lamar is a problem but the short stuff he can actually hit. 

Baltimore hires all the analytics guys this summer and that gives me some hope that they will actually play to Lamar's strengths in the offensive game plan. Who knows what we'll get out of the Ravens offense this year but I doubt it will be a re-tread of last year. 

I usually have a 2nd TE and last year it panned out, I had Zack Ertz as a keeper and either drafted or signed as FA early in season Eric Ebron. I later traded him for Davante Adams (his owner was trying to build a younger team and didn't want to trade his younger but not as good WR). Later I ended up with Greg Olsen when he returned and traded him for Josh Reynolds.  

Neither backup TE was ever going to start ahead of Ertz, and I parlayed one into a keeper player in Adams, who is probably my WR1 going forward. 

Never know when that backup could be a good trade asset. 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, stevegrab said:

I usually have a 2nd TE and last year it panned out, I had Zack Ertz as a keeper and either drafted or signed as FA early in season Eric Ebron. I later traded him for Davante Adams (his owner was trying to build a younger team and didn't want to trade his younger but not as good WR). Later I ended up with Greg Olsen when he returned and traded him for Josh Reynolds.  

Neither backup TE was ever going to start ahead of Ertz, and I parlayed one into a keeper player in Adams, who is probably my WR1 going forward. 

Never know when that backup could be a good trade asset. 

I normally carry just one tight end and stream a second if need be. That's too valuable of a roster spot for a backup tight end. But I could see piggy backing an Ertz/Goedert combo if I thought I had a spot for him. 

On 7/9/2019 at 3:29 AM, League_Champion said:

I normally carry just one tight end and stream a second if need be. That's too valuable of a roster spot for a backup tight end. But I could see piggy backing an Ertz/Goedert combo if I thought I had a spot for him. 

We pay for $2 for every player added to your roster (trade, FA, etc) during the season, so streaming a position is usually not worth it. I rarely carry a second D, and same for kicker position. Plus our bench has 9 slots same as our starters (with no position restrictions) so plenty of room to stash extra guys. Basically I use what would be backup slots for K/D maybe even TE for extra QB/RB/WR. 

I know its not a common setup.

21 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

We pay for $2 for every player added to your roster (trade, FA, etc) during the season, so streaming a position is usually not worth it. I rarely carry a second D, and same for kicker position. Plus our bench has 9 slots same as our starters (with no position restrictions) so plenty of room to stash extra guys. Basically I use what would be backup slots for K/D maybe even TE for extra QB/RB/WR. 

I know its not a common setup.

Gotcha. That makes total sense. I like that setup. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Gotcha. That makes total sense. I like that setup. 

Actually I think I would too.  Make fewer more important moves.  The current way is fine but I think less watching the waiver wire would be nice.