LordOpie

Andrews, Mark BAL TE

22 hours ago, SpinalTapp said:

Who has the better year...Andrews or Waller??

Though I think Andrews is a better TE, I believe Waller does simply from a target standpoint.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 6:14 AM, LordOpie said:

so I accepted the offer, just in case anyone could use some kind of in-season trade reference/"value"...

I gave Andrews.

I got 2020 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. I feel like i could've/should've gotten a little bit more (at least a 1st and 2nd), but I now have a competitive team with four 2020 1sts to acquire some stud players mid-season. fyi fwiw, 14-team dynasty, not IDP, the 3rd has some value, the 4th and 5th not so much. But it's easier to package up next season picks to acquire mid-season talent than bundle players, eventho Andrews is still on my taxi squad.

i don't regret many trades. If I only get one good game from Antonio, then whatever.

But I'm starting to regret this trade. I knew anderws had skills. I tried to acquire him in all three of of my dynasty leagues, but only got him in two. I traded him away in one, but starting to think that was a mistake.

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I got 2020 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th

I don't think anyone would blame

you for that trade. You got a lot back. Everyone liked Andrews but I don't think any of us expected to see Travis Kelce 2.0

Edited by League_Champion
  • Thanks 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

I don't think anyone would blame

you for that trade. You got a lot back. Everyone liked Andrews but I don't think any of us expecting to see Travis Kelce 2.0

thanks. I was kind of expecting Kelce-ish, but wasn't expecting Lamar Jackson to be so good at passing.

So I started Delanie Walker over him again this week. I'll start Andrews next week and he'll do nothing.

17 hours ago, LordOpie said:

thanks. I was kind of expecting Kelce-ish, but wasn't expecting Lamar Jackson to be so good at passing.

I agree, I don't think I can recall a QB changing accuracy so much in one year.  I am a little confused.  Will he keep it up?  That"s the Q.  I hope he does bc Andrews has been a beast so far

Edited by purplemonster

41 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I agree, I don't think I can recall a QB changing accuracy so much in one year.  I am a little confused.  Will he keep it up?  That"s the Q.  I hope he does bc Andrews has been a beast so far

I haven't watched any of their games, but their stat lines would suggest 8 or 9 in the box. My guess is teams are going to start backing off that approach the more Andrews and Brown keep lighting teams up and Andrews comes down a little. 

Bottom line on Mark Andrews is he is going to be a Top 5 TE. Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Andrews, Waller, Hockenson, Engram

15 hours ago, SassyCassie said:

Bottom line on Mark Andrews is he is going to be a Top 5 TE. Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Andrews, Waller, Hockenson, Engram

Like most offensive positions scoring TDs is the key. Ertz was a beast with that last year, this year not so much as he has zero, but with almost 130 yards.  Andrews has 2 so far, and over 200 yards. The real surprising thing is that BAL is throwing the ball a lot. 

We also need to temper expectations since BAL has played 2 really bad teams (possibly the 2 worst) to start the season. 

45 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Like most offensive positions scoring TDs is the key. Ertz was a beast with that last year, this year not so much as he has zero, but with almost 130 yards.  Andrews has 2 so far, and over 200 yards. The real surprising thing is that BAL is throwing the ball a lot. 

We also need to temper expectations since BAL has played 2 really bad teams (possibly the 2 worst) to start the season. 

I agree with you that the Ravens are a running team, but they also are a team that rely heavily on the TE and that is a big plus for Andrews. I still think he is going to be a Top 5 TE once the Ravens schedule becomes more difficult.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:54 AM, gilthorp said:

No...the real problem is you are talking about Mark Andrews in the first place 

Lol

On 9/16/2019 at 7:59 AM, loaf said:

So I started Delanie Walker over him again this week. I'll start Andrews next week and he'll do nothing.

pretty much...while Delanie sat on my bench with 10 more points than Andrews

19 minutes ago, loaf said:

pretty much...while Delanie sat on my bench with 10 more points than Andrews

Don't chase points, accept the rollercoaster. Pick one and play him every week.

• Like 2

Gritting my teeth and starting Andrews this week. I have other options, but can't pass on the upside.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:32 AM, LordOpie said:

i guess I'm wrong, but i thought Andrews had the highest potential as a receiving TE of any of them?

no, you were right. Most catches, yards, and TDs of WRs and TEs on the team.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Are you talking to yourself again? 

no.

I have an imaginary friend.

I need Mandrews to chill a little bit.  I own him in one and I'm way ahead so it doesn't matter, and against him in another.  He has turned into quite the monster this year.  

The good news for Fantasy next year as it looks like there'll be some decent options finally for TE.  

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I need Mandrews to chill a little bit.  I own him in one and I'm way ahead so it doesn't matter, and against him in another.  He has turned into quite the monster this year.  

The good news for Fantasy next year as it looks like there'll be some decent options finally for TE.  

6/93/2

so...?

I should have stuck with Andrews, but I opted for the sweet match up for TE against AZ 32nd rank against TE.

I think this will end up costing me the Championship.

I'm up 30, but he has AJones coming up.

1 hour ago, XFlash said:

I should have stuck with Andrews, but I opted for the sweet match up for TE against AZ 32nd rank against TE.

I think this will end up costing me the Championship.

I'm up 30, but he has AJones coming up.

If Jacobs would have played I probably would have sat Andrews in favor of Waller. Jacobs not playing may have actually done me a favor.

Edited by rajncajn