LordOpie

Andrews, Mark BAL TE

six catches, eight targets over two games.

what do you see for him this season?

We'll see after Hayden Hurst returns from injury. Until then Andrews is their best receiving TE. 

11 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

We'll see after Hayden Hurst returns from injury. Until then Andrews is their best receiving TE. 

but can he take the starting job? I mean, Hurst hasn't earned it, yet. Does his draft position push Andrews down the depth chart?

But here are the three BAL TE's so far:

NAME PASS CMP PYDS PTD
Nick Boyle 10 5 66 0
Maxx Williams 6 6 63 0
Mark Andrews 8 6 48 1

So the rookie Andrews is not even the most targeted one and his yardage is less than the other two. With Hurst coming back, I cannot see that any one them are worth the weekly risk. Going to be hard to forecast too with 3 or even 4 TE's all contributing.

i guess I'm wrong, but i thought Andrews had the highest potential as a receiving TE of any of them? I think Hurst has the highest overall potential and that leads to more snaps?

thanks both of you for your feedback.

54 minutes ago, DMD said:

But here are the three BAL TE's so far:

NAME PASS CMP PYDS PTD
Nick Boyle 10 5 66 0
Maxx Williams 6 6 63 0
Mark Andrews 8 6 48 1

So the rookie Andrews is not even the most targeted one and his yardage is less than the other two. With Hurst coming back, I cannot see that any one them are worth the weekly risk. Going to be hard to forecast too with 3 or even 4 TE's all contributing.

I just read similar analysis elsewhere, going to be too spread too thin for any of them to have value now. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

i guess I'm wrong, but i thought Andrews had the highest potential as a receiving TE of any of them? I think Hurst has the highest overall potential and that leads to more snaps?

thanks both of you for your feedback.

Problem is Andrews is not the greatest blocker, so he's not always on the field. Hurst is a better blocker and a very good receiver as well. Andrews probably isn't going to see any more/less usage than he's already getting unless he improves in that area of his game. 

• Like 1

No...the real problem is you are talking about Mark Andrews in the first place 

• Thanks 1

If anyone was going to pick up Hayden Hurst, today would be a good time to do it.  He'll likely be back next week.

did anyone just see that catch by Andrews down the middle of the field? I know he only has two catches on the day, but for 59 yards.

am I wrong that Andrews might be the best receiving TE on the team?

On 9/23/2018 at 6:41 AM, michaelredd9 said:

If anyone was going to pick up Hayden Hurst, today would be a good time to do it.  He'll likely be back next week.

Not according to some info I read (copied below) , initial timetable was 3-4 weeks, he has not returned practice yet, my bolding for emphasis, I presume they think he should have returned to practice by now if returning for soon. 

Ravens' Hayden Hurst: Set for another absence

September 21, 2018 3:21 PM EDT | by RotoWire Staff

Hurst (foot) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against Denver, Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic reports.

Hurst's recovery timeline was estimated at 3-to-4 weeks when he was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his foot Aug. 24. It seems his rehab process will stretch well beyond the initial timetable, as he still hasn't returned to practice nearly a month later. Nick Boyle, Mark Andrews and Maxx Williams will continue to form a timeshare at tight end.

Over the past three weeks:

• andrews 7/81
  • Hurst 3/50
  • Boyle 1/7

When is y'all's final waiver period?

Any Ravens fans have any insight?

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I don't like any TE in that offense.

because their #4 TE is possibly better than some team's #1? Meaning, they have too many decent/good TEs? Or do you just not like any of them at all?

Not a believer in any Ravens TE since Pitta has left, they hit like 3 different TE's with targets like every game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

Not a believer in any Ravens TE since Pitta has left, they hit like 3 different TE's with targets like every game.

so it's not the ability, but the fact that there are too many of them?

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

so it's not the ability, but the fact that there are too many of them?

Yeah, I think Andrews and Hurst are both very talented.  Flacco just doesn't hone in on one particular one like he did Pitta all those years

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

because their #4 TE is possibly better than some team's #1? Meaning, they have too many decent/good TEs? Or do you just not like any of them at all?

It's more of a Flacco thing 

None of the Ravens tight ends have had more than 50% of snaps in their last 3 games.  And they all had little to no value when they were getting 60%+ of snaps.  It would take 3 out of 4 getting hurt for me to be interested.  Flacco is tight end friendly.  That gives Andrews or Hurst a little bit of potential if they were featured.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, michaelredd9 said:

None of the Ravens tight ends have had more than 50% of snaps in their last 3 games.  And they all had little to no value when they were getting 60%+ of snaps.  It would take 3 out of 4 getting hurt for me to be interested.  Flacco is tight end friendly.  That gives Andrews or Hurst a little bit of potential if they were featured.

Good stuff.  I was kinda bummed I missed out on Hurst in dynasty rookie drafts but sounds like this could continue to be a muddled mess.