[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Mixon may need surgery

theirish

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

can we get back to Mixon and Gio?

I have clearly showed that Gio is a MUCH BETTER all-around RB than Mixon. Can someone tell me why Mixon is the starter?

They would probably start Gio instead if he had been a 1st round pick. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

thanks. so draft position does matter. I'm wondering why when two guys drafted in the same spot aren't getting equal opportunities.

No it doesn’t matter. My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. 

I thunk you’re overthinking not this. Gio is a great 3rd down back.  He blocks well and has great hands. For whatever reason he just doesn’t run as well between the tackles. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think it's pretty simple, they're giving Mixon his chance and they're going to see what he does. Gio has had 5 years to prove something and he's shown to be a quality backup/change of pace back. This is Mixon's 2nd year and they're going to see what he has. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Gio got his shot the last two games where he produce:

27 carries for 130 yards... 4.8 y/c

9 catches on 13 targets for 52 yards

3 TDs

obviously, you can't project, but for reference, that's a 1400 total yard season.

so... why is he the clear #2 to Mixon? If anything, why isn't this a clear RBBC? Why not give both of these guys 15-20 touches a game? or "ride the hot hand"?

They clearly believe he can't carry a full load. I can see RBBC, maybe, but this is still Mixon's backfield, like it or not. 

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I'd like to hear from CIN fans. Someone in CIN call your local sports talk radio show and tell them to ask the team.

This is the modern era, you can probably listen and call in to those shows yourself, pretend to be a Bengal fan and demand an answer from the team.

Or you could just watch the two play and see who the more talented back is. 

26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

or I could come to a FF forum and ask people who watched the two RBs their opinion, then thanked them for their opinion. If you think I'm wrong for asking, then what's the point of a forum?

Go back and read the post I quoted, you were asking people to call CIN radio shows and ask them to ask the team, you were NOT asking for any posters individual opinions. 

Just seemed an odd way to ask the question, usually people say "what are you local folks hearing about this, what are the local reporters and radio guys saying?"  not "hey somebody call in my question for me"

Here is my take on why Mixon is the primary and Gio is the backup. One is based on size Gio is 5'9" 205 while Mixon is 6'1" 225 so just based on that you would believe Mixon is better suited to be an every down back. . I am certainly not saying Mixon is better just because he is bigger, there are certainly examples of "smaller" guys being great every down backs. Even with the smaller size Gio only ran a 4.53 at the combine while Mixon ran a 4.45.

Bernard has also had some injury history with a torn ACL in college as well as missing three games in 2014 and a torn ACL in 2016. Outside of the current injury Mixon has no injury history to speak of. Also Mixon was considered to be a first round talent however he "fell" to the second round based off of "character" concerns.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, blaw23 said:

Here is my take on why Mixon is the primary and Gio is the backup. One is based on size Gio is 5'9" 205 while Mixon is 6'1" 225 so just based on that you would believe Mixon is better suited to be an every down back. . I am certainly not saying Mixon is better just because he is bigger, there are certainly examples of "smaller" guys being great every down backs. Even with the smaller size Gio only ran a 4.53 at the combine while Mixon ran a 4.45.

Bernard has also had some injury history with a torn ACL in college as well as missing three games in 2014 and a torn ACL in 2016. Outside of the current injury Mixon has no injury history to speak of. Also Mixon was considered to be a first round talent however he "fell" to the second round based off of "character" concerns.

I think those are great points.