theirish

Joe Mixon may need surgery

Yup.

And I dropped Gio in two leagues earlier this week. :bash:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Geez, guys dropping like flies. Is there somebody other than Gio on the Bengals worth owning if/while he is out?

I was reading that Tre Carson barely made the 53 man roster, while rookie Mark Walton was a lock. 

Won't matter for now, they already played this week and I would expect not somebody you can sign until next week. Maybe the picture on Mixon is clearer by then. 

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

thats actually not too bad if it holds true

It is because I traded Conner a few days ago for a WR. At least I handcuffed Mixon with Gio and my other starting RB is DJ. 

2nd RB I've lost in one of my locals.  Turning into a banner year for that league.

:bash:

He's having pieces of his knee removed.  Hopefully it is only 2 weeks

I could see them giving a big load to Gio.  Teams like to reward long term backups with a heavy load when they get a couple weeks of being the starter.  I could see Tevin Coleman getting a heavy load, too.  Although Coleman's sickle cell trait might prevent it.

how come Gio isn't getting more opportunities? He was drafted 2.05 and mixon 2.16

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

how come Gio isn't getting more opportunities? He was drafted 2.05 and mixon 2.16

Why isn’t Trent Richardson on a team using that logic?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

They were NOT drafted in the same draft AND their draft spot becomes more irrelevant as their career progresses.

the last five games of 2017, the only games where Gio had double-digit carries, he put up 71/337 for 4.75y/c and 0 fumbles (in fact, 0 fumbles all year) with 24/170 receiving. The two times in the past three years that he's been given a heavy workload (20+ carries) he went 23/116 and 20/123.

My point about draft spot is that they clearly thought he had potential and they feel Mixon has similar potential as they drafted him around the same spot. The numbers clearly say that he's getting the job done both running and receiving. So they drafted him high and he is producing.

So why isn't he getting more opportunities?

i rarely watch CIN games. Is Mixon clearly that much better?

in games where Mixon had double-digit carries he had 135/450 for 3.33y/c with two fumbles. When given the opportunity Gio is a much better RB than Mixon, based on the numbers, not only performance, but protecting the ball.

Like I said, I don't watch. Do you? What am I missing/?

1 hour ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

Why isn’t Trent Richardson on a team using that logic?

that was a lazy response

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

What am I missing/?

There are several correct answers to this question.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

There are several correct answers to this question.

and you're definitely 1c to steve's 1b and my 1a. The podium is crowded because we're all on top of it.

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

that was a lazy response

How so?  I’m simply pointing out that draft position is secondary to a body of work in the NFL. I Do agree that he should be used more, but it’s because of the stats you pointedness out, not because of where he was drafted. 

• Confused 1

Yes Mixon is much better than Gio, next time offer an explanation instead of being lazy and talking like draft pick warrants playing time.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Yes Mixon is much better than Gio, next time offer an explanation instead of being lazy and talking like draft pick warrants playing time.

awww, someone sat on a golf ball and hurt her vagina? :nutkick:

:( I'm so sad for you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

awww, someone sat on a golf ball and hurt her vagina? :nutkick:

:( I'm so sad for you.

Was that really necessary? :unsure:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

How so?  I’m simply pointing out that draft position is secondary to a body of work in the NFL. I Do agree that he should be used more, but it’s because of the stats you pointedness out, not because of where he was drafted. 

but it's not irrelevant. It says how the team FELT about the player previously. ADD that to what the player has done. Have the performed as expected? Does the team consider the player a steal or a bust or are happy based on what they expected?

Basically, drafting the two RBs at the same spot, the team is saying they have similar expectations, so...

When you combine draft spot with the actual production, you have to wonder what's going on. Gio has a career rushing average of 4.22... wouldn't most teams be happy with that? He averages 46 receptions per year. According to rotoworld, he has two fumbles. TWO?! Over 918 touches? Isn't that considered outstanding?

the numbers clearly say that he's a very productive.

Isn't Mixon the definitive starter? yet he averaged 3.5 yards/carry? Mixon also has TWO fumbles over 208 touches. That's not okay.

If you don't watch CIN games (like me), you have to wonder (based on numbers alone), how the heck Mixon is even on the team, let alone starting over a guy who is way more productive and protects the ball way better.

Do y'all agree the numbers say that?

So, for anyone who watches the games, based on the eye-test... is mixon clearly better?

Just now, DanTheMan_5 said:

really? I think I answered steve's question previously and he attempted to troll me. How about this... next time, tell steve the question was answered and to stop being a d00shbag.

so, yes, yes it was :D if you don't know that steve's a grumpy old troll, now ya know.

• Confused 1

On 9/16/2018 at 12:04 PM, DanTheMan_5 said:

Its SOP for the lord of dopieness. he thinks this is his private playground and he's allowed to go around insulting people.  Long overdue for the ignore list, his 1 tidbit of useful info per year doesn't outweigh the negative.

To be clear, he eventually explained his reasoning after being lazy and trying to justify playing time with a draft pick, which others called out. 

OK, Big John, DMD somebody want to explain this message to me, why am I not allowed to ignore LordOpie, is he a protected citizen of the Huddle?

"You are not allowed to ignore that member."

Edited by stevegrab
  • Haha 1