LordOpie

Philip Lindsay DEN RB

Recommended Posts

I've been high on this kid since my broncos signed him as an UDFA. For high school and college fans (people here more invested than me), he's a been a fun name to watch. He played high school ball not far from where I live. I love stories like these. I've listened all off-season how everyone loves his attitude and effort. From covering kicks to catching passes.

So, I think I'm biased. As such...

what's your opinion on the guy? buy, hold, sell high... can he keep it up? Is he the next terrell davis? I use that comparison because both of them turned heads on special teams to start their careers. Their willingness to do whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I've been high on this kid since my broncos signed him as an UDFA. For high school and college fans (people here more invested than me), he's a been a fun name to watch. He played high school ball not far from where I live. I love stories like these. I've listened all off-season how everyone loves his attitude and effort. From covering kicks to catching passes.

So, I think I'm biased. As such...

what's your opinion on the guy? buy, hold, sell high... can he keep it up? Is he the next terrell davis? I use that comparison because both of them turned heads on special teams to start their careers. Their willingness to do whatever.

I still think freeman wins out here, but I’m rooting for the guy and wouldn’t be shocked if it’s a 50/50 split all season. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked like the real deal against SEA.

 

I'm RB starved cause of Le'Veon and picked him up, $22 out of 125 budget, this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked him up post draft in my dynasty so it cost me basically nothing. Just elevated him from the TS out of necessity.

 

Spent 25% of my FAB on him in my local and was considering drafting him. I was optimistic on him several months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I've been high on this kid since my broncos signed him as an UDFA. For high school and college fans (people here more invested than me), he's a been a fun name to watch. He played high school ball not far from where I live. I love stories like these. I've listened all off-season how everyone loves his attitude and effort. From covering kicks to catching passes.

So, I think I'm biased. As such...

what's your opinion on the guy? buy, hold, sell high... can he keep it up? Is he the next terrell davis? I use that comparison because both of them turned heads on special teams to start their careers. Their willingness to do whatever.

 

I actually now have a lineup of Lindsey (now that Gordon is out) and Freeman for this weekend.  

 

IMO, he is a RB/WR combo guy in being reliable for passing downs and able to explode once the balls is in his hands.  I still believe Freeman will end up getting more carries as the season progresses BUT Lindsey has a nice role in him.   Perhaps a poor mans version combo of Ingram and Kamara???

 

I compare his role to a guy like Sproles, McCaffrey, Kamara, etc...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah def a good story being a local boy

 

i dont see these "lightning"/satellite backs going anywhere...in fact overall in the league they are trending up

 

unless you have a premier gurley, zeke, saquon type(fournette being borderline...still need to see more ability in passing game) most teams are gonna wanna pair a back with one......having a gordon/ekeler howard/cohen freeman/lindsay thing could be real nice.....these guys are just too quick for linebackers to stay with all game....especially as defenses wear down and if they are getting pounded by the bigger back a bit.......

 

i think theres room for both of these guys(freeman/lindsay) to be viable to play...i think one of these games soon youre gonna see freeman go off...and if he gets going early it will be a good day.....lindsay could be a good start most weeks if you need a flex or are in trouble at rb for byes or injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramhock said:

5' 8" 190

 

Won't last.  Rather have Freeman.

Darren Sproles is 5’6” 190. He’s help up relatively well. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ramhock said:

5' 8" 190

 

Won't last.  Rather have Freeman.

When you look at Sproles and Jahvad Best, it becomes clear... how tough a guy is is only part of the equation. Durable guys like Sproles know how to take a hit and more importantly, know how to hit the ground. I really likes Best, but he hit the ground so very ugly almost every time. The best boxers don't stick their head into your glove, they learn how to take a beating. How to minimize.

I think Lindsay is way more like Sproles than Best. I think this is why Reggie Bush didn't have the career he wanted and why Danny Woodhead played as long as he did (age 32?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindsey did better than I thought.  Very quick on initial steps

 

Freeman got bottled up but a lot of that had to do with mediocre oline play today.  He had one TD though.  Should have gotten 2 TDs

 

My strategy of going with 3 Denver players sorta paid off.  

Freeman 1 TD

Sanders 96 yards

Lindsey 107 yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Freeman got bottled up but a lot of that had to do with mediocre oline play today.

but they have the same OL?!

Lindsay's agility helped him overcome that. He's like a pinball and able to keep his balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but they have the same OL?!

Lindsay's agility helped him overcome that. He's like a pinball and able to keep his balance.

 

I agree with that.

 

I just remember both having issues in the first half.  Other than the Lindsay long run,  most of it was just limited.  

 

I like that analogy of pin ball and balance. IMO, I think of Freeman sorta that way but but is definitely a guy that needs to get him momentum going to be that pin ball and balance.  Lindsay seems to get there quicker. 

 

Denver, being down by double digits, made it better to use Lindsay in catchup mode.  He seemed to deliver.  I was really hoping one of those RBs would have gotten that last TD instead of freaking Keenum.  That was frustrating..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barry Sanders was 5'8" and 200. It really depends on their ability to take/deflect hits. There are also a lot of bruising backs who don't last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaft said:

Barry Sanders was 5'8" and 200. It really depends on their ability to take/deflect hits. There are also a lot of bruising backs who don't last long.

exactly.

here's other examples I just thought of...

When you look at Sproles and Jahvad Best, it becomes clear... how tough a guy is is only part of the equation. Durable guys like Sproles know how to take a hit and more importantly, know how to hit the ground. I really likes Best, but he hit the ground so very ugly almost every time. The best boxers don't stick their head into your glove, they learn how to take a beating. How to minimize.

I think Lindsay is way more like Sproles than Best. I think this is why Reggie Bush didn't have the career he wanted and why Danny Woodhead played as long as he did (age 32?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13357.jpg

Phillip Lindsay rushed 14 times for 107 yards with one reception for four yards in Sunday's win over the Raiders.

Lindsay had 15 touches compared to eight for Royce Freeman and three for Devontae Booker as he was the first Denver running back to ever have over 100-yards from scrimmage in each of his first two career games in franchise history. Lindsay has built off a strong preseason to overtake a lead role in this Denver backfield, but still doesn't have a firm grasp on the goal line work, which will keep him as a RB2/FLEX option Week 3 when the Broncos head to Baltimore.
 
Sep 16 - 7:58 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

exactly.

here's other examples I just thought of...

When you look at Sproles and Jahvad Best, it becomes clear... how tough a guy is is only part of the equation. Durable guys like Sproles know how to take a hit and more importantly, know how to hit the ground. I really likes Best, but he hit the ground so very ugly almost every time. The best boxers don't stick their head into your glove, they learn how to take a beating. How to minimize.

I think Lindsay is way more like Sproles than Best. I think this is why Reggie Bush didn't have the career he wanted and why Danny Woodhead played as long as he did (age 32?).

Here you go:

 

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000501385/small-size,-big-impact:--best-short-guys-in-nfl-history

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/431278-size-isnt-everything-10-small-nfl-players-with-great-talent/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, but i'm not the one who questioned his size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lindsay would have a lot more value if he got 4-6 receptions per game.  Hopefully he'll become more involved as a receiver as the season progresses.  He hasn't had many first team snaps with Keenum so it makes sense that a rapport hasn't been built, yet.

 

Edited by michaelredd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

 

still early but I might have to my L on freeman soon

What does that mean? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.