[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN says Browns releasing Gordon on Monday

Montana is da Man

23 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Agreed but they've been talking him up all week about more snaps and targets and then bamx released.  

May have been trying to drum up trade value or as mentioned something new has popped up.  Totally agree the timing is odd.  

I think a change of scenery/cities will do wonders for his sobriety. Nothing against Cleveland but addicts more times than not need a change. Everything about the Browns and Cleveland are constant reminders to him of his struggles and addiction. I wish him the best in his continued recovery. 

• Like 4

I saw that he hurt his hammy during a promotional shoot. Maybe footfall isn’t for him when you can’t even handle a camera shot. Way too much drama for me to ever draft a guy like him. 

Shefter said that teams were lining up with trade offers. That doesn’t mesh with the team dropping him.

Been a long time coming. I truly hoped he'd get his act together but apparently that wasn't to be. He showed up to the training facility late this morning and outta his mind. Injured his hammy during a promo shoot, if ya can believe that. Best of luck and I hope you get clean.

• Like 1

If this was because he hurt himself at a promotional shoot and showed up late and that was the last straw for the Browns, then he may have a chance to still have a career in the NFL.  However, if rumors of a slip up due to alcohol are true, then he is done professionally.   As someone who has multiple recovering alcoholics in his family - a few of whom relapsed - I hope Josh can get himself together and beat alcoholism.  

If this is not alcohol or substance abuse related and he was just a meathead, then he will catch on somewhere else and hopefully the change of scenery will do him well.  The best place for him would be Arizona where Fitz could take him under his wing for a year and show him what it means to be a professional football player on and off the field.