[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN says Browns releasing Gordon on Monday

Montana is da Man

I wonder if it's a coach versus OC thing.  "I told you he wasnt starting last week"

"Going to put the best team on the field"

"Your going to play who I say you can play"

"J.G. will be on the field..."

" No, he isnt, ill have him released then..."

With Hue needing to show he controlled the room

(Long shot, but hey, why not?)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I wonder if it's a coach versus OC thing.  "I told you he wasnt starting last week"

"Going to put the best team on the field"

"Your going to play who I say you can play"

"J.G. will be on the field..."

" No, he isnt, ill have him released then..."

With Hue needing to show he controlled the room

(Long shot, but hey, why not?)

Highly unlikely without the GM being on board.

Showing late for the trip to NO high (not himself) and with a strained hammy that was fine at the end of practice were just the reported things that we heard about. Plus missing all of camp, he's been on thin ice and it finally cracked.

Not sure how much a change of scenery does to help cure his addiction, he brought that to Cleveland from college so how does joining another team like AZ or OAK allow him to leave it behind and start over.

Regarding trade offers, the announced on sat that he will be released on Monday, that gives them time to listen to offer and make a deal or hold off releasing until they make one. He will NOT suit up for the Browns again, but may not be gone Monday.

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

ya know, it seems like Fitz is the last of the Old Guard. Is there a really talented WR who is a good guy, a good role model, on and off the field who is under 30 years old? I think Fitz does a fair amount of community work and helping NFL players that aren't even on his team. Didn't he have an open passing camp for other WRs?

I would put Julio and AB in that category,  not sure about Julio so much but Antonio Brown is a hell of guy off the field, does a ton of charity work, hes a bit of a social media whore but never really hear anything bad about either of these guys off the field... other than them you're pretty much right 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, LordOpie said:

" According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns prefer to trade Josh Gordon outside of the AFC. "

i never understood why teams care so much about who their trade partner is. And it's not like CLE is going to face NEP or whoever in the post-season. And by the time CLE is in the playoffs, Brady will likely have retired.

Especially in this situation.

Cleveland needs to worry about winning a game first than worrying which team Gordon lands on.  Take the best deal possible and move on.  

• Thanks 1

The amount of continuous hype Mary Jane Gordon has gotten over the past 5 years since he last actually did something is rivaling Huddle board favorite Christine Michael. 

Edited by Def.
spelling

14 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

The Pats have a very complicated play book for WRs, will it take Gordon a few weeks before he can make an impact?

Good question

I do think the Patriots will use him this weekend.  Especially with no Edelmann and their lack of WRs that can really produce.  

Maybe they can rehabilitate him, that is if he hasn't already failed a drug test.  I want the best for him but hope he doesn't do much, or else we'll hear from the usual Debbie Downer brigade of Browns fans complaining that the caoch, GM, owner, ball boy are idiots and should all be fired.