[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone explain the defensive scoring?

alexgee

There was also an extra rule in place counting extra points twice.  

Sacks were not registering correctly.  They should now be showing correctly.

I went through the remainder of the scoring rules - and everything looks good now.  Thanks for the heads up.

So.... the Cardinals defense had just as good a day as the Jaguars?

Still confused, honestly. It seems kinda off, especially considering yards/points allowed appear to be large parts of the scoring. If you're going to value those things, couldn't the scoring reflect real life more accurately? Just looking at it now, there appears to be no difference between allowing 20 points or 50 points. Similarly, if your defense is going to give up more than 299 yards, they might as well just give up 999 yards. We've got scoring categories for defenses allowing less than 50 total yards in a game.... how often has that ever happened compared to the number of times NFL teams are able to push past 300 in garbage time?

We started with the current rules from my other league.  In starting up this league, I asked if anyone wanted to make any proposed changes to the scoring rules.  I realize that it was short notice, and there was very little time to make any tweaks, but I did ask at that time.  Now that we are into the season, you can propose rule changes - but you need all 12 owners to ratify the changes.  If you propose rule changes in the offseason, the owners needed are reduced - see the rules.

I agree this looks somewhat silly, but depending on what you value, it may not:

Arizona's stats:  Passing allowed: 342

Rushing allowed: 90

Points allowed: 34

Sacks: 2

INT: 1

Fantasy points in our league: 4

Jacksonville:      Passing allowed: 220

Rushing allowed: 82

Points allowed: 20

Sacks: 2

INT: 1

Fantasy points in our league:  4

I'm not saying I'm for or against what you are proposing - merely saying that it may take some time to make this league our own.  I need everyone to scrutinize and talk about all of this - it will be a better league because of it.

• fuz locked this topic