Sign in to follow this  
FastSteve

Another LB move?

Recommended Posts

12 team 2 division DYNASTY league 

Sack & turnover forced= 3.0 each   every yard lost by sack = 0.20  INT = 2.0  tackles & forced fumble = 1.0 each  assist tackle = 0.5

Yards returned on D recovery add like rush/rec 10 yards = 1.0  any TD = 6.0

Start 3 LB position limit of 6

 

I made the trade & unloaded Trevathan 

My current LB K Mack & R Smith CHI,  T Edmunds BUF,  M Barron LAR, M Foster WAS,  D Jones ATL on my IR

 

Being DYNASTY I'm always look to grab younger players. 

Two rookies on waivers

Fred Warner SF & Darius Leonard IND

I'm considering maybe grabbing one of them. Which one would you go with? 

My drop consideration is either Mark Barron or Mason Foster. I know both have been good but next year Barron will be going into his 8th year & Foster his 9th. I'm leaning on taking Warner & dropping Barron. I can put Leonard as my contingency choice & still drop Barron. Or can gamble nobody takes either of them. We do a 5 round mini draft, each team has to have 5 picks. I already unloaded my R5 pick. I could try to trade Mason & my R4 pick for a R3 pick, dump Barron (as I don't think I get much for him right now) & grab both if they are there.

 

What do you think?

Edited by FastSteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer Leonard over Warner. Leonard plays on the overall poorer defense and is more likely to see more tackle opportunities vs Warner, and Leonard has less talented tacklers immediately around him to rob him of opportunities. I expect Reuben Foster to become the Alpha LB in SF over Warner, Warner will likely remain in there as an every down LB but Foster is the superior talent and will take over as MLB with Warner kicked to the outside. atm, Leonard is PFF's #2 rated LB, Warner is #28 (M Foster is #32). Also the scorers in Indy are more generous with the assisted tackles than SF, so there's that too. I'd rather hold onto Barron and drop Foster for Leonard.

Edited by PPIchamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard has the starting job locked up.

 

Warner is filling in and doing a GREAT JOB!  I think he will still be starting, but slide to a different LB position now that Foster is back.

 

I missed out on Leonard in my draft.  He is your target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, XFlash said:

Leonard has the starting job locked up.

 

Warner is filling in and doing a GREAT JOB!  I think he will still be starting, but slide to a different LB position now that Foster is back.

 

I missed out on Leonard in my draft.  He is your target.

 

I don't know about Warner sliding over to the weak side, if that's what you meant.  Elijah Lee has been pretty solid, plus they have Malcolm Smith (who's dinged right now).

 

But yeah, maybe a different topic..... :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2018 at 4:43 PM, darin3 said:

 

I don't know about Warner sliding over to the weak side, if that's what you meant.  Elijah Lee has been pretty solid, plus they have Malcolm Smith (who's dinged right now).

 

But yeah, maybe a different topic..... :)  

 

Read the new that Foster slid to WLB and Warner kept MLB.  I'm hoping that stays.  I think Warner proved himself for 3 weeks that he can handle the position.

 

MSmith played, but not much snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 4:21 PM, XFlash said:

 

Read the new that Foster slid to WLB and Warner kept MLB.  I'm hoping that stays.  I think Warner proved himself for 3 weeks that he can handle the position.

 

MSmith played, but not much snaps.

 

Yeah I was sort of surprised to see that Warner kept the MLB spot but definitely a good thing for his owners.  Especially with the defense set to spend a lot of time on the field.  Both LBs are going to be solid every week methinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.