[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my condolences to Seahawk fans

Dcat

As a Jets fan, I suffered through multiple seasons of the horrid, inept, imbecilic play calling of Brian Schottenheimer.  This man has to be  among the worst OCs in the history of modern NFL offenses.   You guys are doomed with him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been a fan since I learned what football was as a 5-6 year old in 1978. 

Many lean years so I am used to it.

I am rooting for a disaster season which nets us a high draft pick, the resigning of Carroll & clean house of the rest of the staff and bring a new regime in and start over

Even though we should have 3 (screwed by officials & screwed by stupid play call), I at least lived to see one Super Bowl win...

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I thought their horrible OL and lack of skill players was the primary reason for them sucking. Plus the defense being a shell of its former self.

That was some of it, but the defense actually played very well with 3 starters out.  Their OL has been horrible for a decade. 

They didn't run it once in the 3rd quarter and their run game was actually half decent.  The play calling was atrocious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

That was some of it, but the defense actually played very well with 3 starters out.  Their OL has been horrible for a decade. 

They didn't run it once in the 3rd quarter and their run game was actually half decent.  The play calling was atrocious.

I don't recall seeing much of a decent running game from SEA. I didn't recall the action of the 3rd quarter, checked the game log and SEA had 2 possessions, going 3-n-out in each, with all passes (one completion each series).

Rushing numbers for SEA - don't look very good

Penny 10/30 (long 10) - nothing much in 1st half, 5 carries for 18yds on TD drive early 4Q, 3 more next drive

Carson 6/24 (long 9) - 3 carries on opening series, including the long of 9, see a couple other possessions with 1st down carry

Wilson 3/17 (long 9)

Davis 3/3 (long of 3)

total 22/74

27 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

total 22/74

The Hawks were averaging about 1 yard per pass attempt at the end of the 3rd quarter.  3.4 YPC isn't great, but it was working better than the passing game.  The passing game started to click when they remembered to run the ball again in the 4th quarter.This was the worst offensive play calling I've seen in Seattle in modern times.  

Read Option, Sprint Right Option, Speed Option....TE Screen, Gap Screen, Slot Screen, Bubble Screen, RB Screen....Draw, Sprint Draw, Play Action Off Draw...No Huddle, Muddle Huddle, Quick Break Huddle...Many ways to use Bears aggressiveness against them. Pretty much none of which was called.

It was all pocket passing with a mobile QB, bad O-line, against a great D-line. Dumb.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Get rid of Carrol and schneider (gm) made some awful descions past few years. Giving away a 1st Rd pick and 3 Rd pick for Percy Harvin. And they got Xaiver Rhodes with that 1st Rd. Than we trade away our 2nd Rd for Richardson who don't even keep. And trade down when we could've got a good CB(Alexander) for a rb that we don't need

40 minutes ago, Samsperry92 said:

Get rid of Carrol and schneider (gm) made some awful descions past few years. Giving away a 1st Rd pick and 3 Rd pick for Percy Harvin. And they got Xaiver Rhodes with that 1st Rd. Than we trade away our 2nd Rd for Richardson who don't even keep. And trade down when we could've got a good CB(Alexander) for a rb that we don't need

They traded away some badass Center for Jimmy Graham too.  Graham was never the guy he was with Brees throwing to him.  Had some good games in Seattle, but not what they probably thought they were going to be getting.

I work with a guy who works all the Seahawks home games - he's on the sidelines each game in Seattle.  He is pretty close with quite a few of the players, was saying most players were pissed when that trade went down.  Claimed a lot of the offensive players were upset that it was disturbing the trust and continuity with the O-line.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I thought their horrible OL and lack of skill players was the primary reason for them sucking. Plus the defense being a shell of its former self.

i.e. keep the kickers and toss the rest lol

15 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

They traded away some badass Center for Jimmy Graham too.  Graham was never the guy he was with Brees throwing to him.  Had some good games in Seattle, but not what they probably thought they were going to be getting.

I work with a guy who works all the Seahawks home games - he's on the sidelines each game in Seattle.  He is pretty close with quite a few of the players, was saying most players were pissed when that trade went down.  Claimed a lot of the offensive players were upset that it was disturbing the trust and continuity with the O-line.  

Yep IMO their GM shoulders most of the blame.  Poor FA moves/drafting for several years now so this bleak-looking year shouldn't surprise anyone.  Bring in veteran FAs on the downside of their career, ignore the OL in favor of skill players, draft sucky in general....I wonder if Grigson was giving them tips on the side?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Yep IMO their GM shoulders most of the blame.  Poor FA moves/drafting for several years now so this bleak-looking year shouldn't surprise anyone.  Bring in veteran FAs on the downside of their career, ignore the OL in favor of skill players, draft sucky in general....I wonder if Grigson was giving them tips on the side?

I'd take Seattle's GM over Grigson - but Grigson is a 'Special Consultant' for the Seahawks.  You may be on to something!! 

I'm not sure what more they want out of Carson. I know it has only been two games but against Denver and Chicago (both road games) he is averaging 5.7 ypc and has 3 receptions for 28 yards. They simply are not getting him the ball enough in my opinion. Meanwhile, Penny has looked like garbage and done nothing other than take opportunity away from Carson. Yea the o-line isnt that good....looks even worse when you don't work harder at establishing a ground game. All I know is if you had a back who had that kind of average after facing those two defenses on the road, well I'd be looking to up his touches a whole hell of a lot more.

1 hour ago, seadogs said:

I'm not sure what more they want out of Carson. I know it has only been two games but against Denver and Chicago (both road games) he is averaging 5.7 ypc and has 3 receptions for 28 yards. They simply are not getting him the ball enough in my opinion. Meanwhile, Penny has looked like garbage and done nothing other than take opportunity away from Carson. Yea the o-line isnt that good....looks even worse when you don't work harder at establishing a ground game. All I know is if you had a back who had that kind of average after facing those two defenses on the road, well I'd be looking to up his touches a whole hell of a lot more.

Carson either miffed the staff or Schotenheimer is not good at running NFL offenses.  I'm leaning towards the latter.  Pete's excuses for why Carson didn't get work in the 2nd half were very unconvincing. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 8:21 AM, Shorttynaz said:

The only fans in Seattle prior to 2012 have returned.  It's all that's left up there for the remainder of the 2018 season and beyond. 

Seattle has a QB. Even in a rebuild year, they are a decent shot for making the playoffs.

You live in Arizona..  That is where people go to die.

Edited by Bobby Brown

I've listened to a lot of talk regarding the Seahawks from both local sports talk radio stations. The Seahawks started poorly. New OC, new line coach with different scheme. Injured players (mostly o-line) to start the season. The consensus is that it takes some time for things to fall into place and gel. Fluker came off injury, they signed Sweezy. As the line started playing better, started mauling actually, the running game became effective and allowed the new offensive scheme to be more of what they expected. On top of that, several young players on defense stepped up and started making an impact, especially in their secondary, similar to the beginning of the Legion of Boom. All I'm hearing from the local media is optimism and a sense that Carroll/Schneider may have pulled off a turn around much quicker than anyone expected. They have the inside track on a wildcard now. Unthinkable back in week two. The Rams are still the class of the division, if not the league (along with the Saints - I expect one of them to win the SB). But I feel good about where the Seahawks are heading.