[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breida

Copeingwithfailure

8 minutes ago, loaf said:

I drafted him in a couple leagues and actually started him in one last Sunday. Looks like I'm going to be starting him more often in both leagues.

Rolling him out over Crowell this week for anyone that might be in a similar situation! Feeling good about it too.  Shanny will find more ways to use him.

Brieda graded out well in PFF's ratings last year, and is grading even better so far this year. It's a small sample size but enough to qualify, atm Breida is the #2 overall rated RB only behind Ekeler. He's younger, with less miles, and a pass catcher. Morris is the #51 PFF rated RB (out of the 53 qualifiers).

Edited by PPIchamp

52 minutes ago, kdko said:

He is real.  Definitely the better back between him and Morris.  I wouldn't be surprised if they completely phased out Morris.  You want the #1 back in a Shanny offense.

Heck, you can even roster and start the #2 RB in that offense.  I agree, they could easily phase Morris out... if Brieda ends up being for real.

This was posted elsewhere.  Morris looks pedestrian next to this guy, it won't remain 50/50 for long

1st & 10 at SF 10

(10:43 - 1st) M.Breida right tackle to SF 38 for 28 yards (T.Tabor).

giphy (0).gif

1st & 10 at SF 14

(1:37 - 3rd) M.Breida left tackle to SF 34 for 20 yards (N.Lawson, Q.Diggs).

giphy (1).gif

1st & 10 at SF 34

(0:52 - 3rd) Matt Breida 66 Yard Rush R.Gould extra point is GOOD, Center-K.Nelson, Holder-B.Pinion.

giphy (2).gif

Edited by kdko
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Oddly enough, sparq guys don't do very well in the nfl, relatively speaking

Edit: I'm not saying he won't just that it's not a success factor

It's just a mere indicator of his attributes, which as you can see in those gifs, makes him leap off the screen.  Not many RB's have that kind of shake in the bake in the league, and if there's someone that can utilize a SPARQ freak to their potential it's Shanny.  

i like him.  he is for real. i still think this is a shared backfield as we do not know how durable he is.  i do not think morris is going away yet.  brieda should have a nice day vs KCC though.

edit: i think he is an every week flex start at worst in ppr (even sharing time)

Edited by Bier Meister

On 9/23/2018 at 3:49 AM, michaelredd9 said:

I read that as "Joe Williams hymen" the first time.

Breida is small to get heavy use.  But he is a worthwhile flex start even with getting 40% of snaps.

Breida's up to 200 now after putting on weight this offseason.  He may not be able to pound it 32 times like Carson, but he should definitely be getting it more than 10 times a game.  

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Breida's up to 200 now after putting on weight this offseason.  He may not be able to pound it 32 times like Carson, but he should definitely be getting it more than 10 times a game.  

That whole offense takes several major steps back without Jimmy G.