[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trouble brewing in the 'burgh

Shorttynaz

Antonio Brown missed practice on Monday, reportedly it was unexcused.  He also posted what was thought to be a meaningless tweet "Trade me and lets find out" when referring to someone who was questioning he is only good cause of Ben Roethlisberger.  

Per reports, he's meeting with the front office today.  This is about to get real.  

Edited by Shorttynaz

Just now, Finn5033 said:

Now what the heck is this about. What reason does he have to be mad about?

They tied the Browns after having the game well in hand and then got their butts handed to them by the Chiefs.

:shrug: We'll see what happens here.  I think it's much ado about nothing, but we'll see.

4 minutes ago, darin3 said:

They tied the Browns after having the game well in hand and then got their butts handed to them by the Chiefs.

:shrug: We'll see what happens here.  I think it's much ado about nothing, but we'll see.

I get that but, that constitutes him needing to meet with front office? Ridiculous 

All these fragile egos and their social media outbursts.  The tweet was directed at somebody who is a former PR staffer for the Steelers. Why would he send a tweet saying trade me?  Oh right, speak first think later. 

Also saw reports that AB had a heated argument with PIT OC on the sideline during the game. 

As a Browns fan I love it.

Edited by stevegrab

Quite frankly, I think Tomlin's doormat style of player discipline has not helped the cause there.  Just my opinion so lemme know if I'm wrong, but things like this and the video in the locker room last year...drama keeps on happening there.    

57 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

Wasn't he complaining about targets in the game?

yup

as if the offense was the problem....and hes not a target hound that ben routinely forces the ball too

im prob way off cause i dont pay enough attention to the guy....but he seems like one of those guys that wants his and sees the HOF in his sights....

the guy had 17 targets...thats alot...he had 16 in the first game.....i do believe hes pissed that they havent won yet....im sure theres some "team in him"...but i dont think he likes looking over and seeing a teammate with a bigger stat line...and certainly not a bigger target share

AB's agent Drew Rosenhuas speaks, full thing I read below on Huddle news.

Basically he doesn't want to be traded and was just taunting the guy that was taunting him on Twitter (the guy who no longer works for the Steelers, who would have had no input on trading AB when he was there). Maybe next time don't post it on twitter for everybody to see (social media whores). His personal matter is probably sand in his vag. And he wants to win he's passionate and so forth (sounds like Jerry defending Dez).

:pop: 

From the Huddle news

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus released a statement Tuesday, Sept. 19, explaining his client's recent actions, including a 'trade me' tweet and missing team meetings Monday, Sept. 17. 'The tweet yesterday was not in reference to anything other than Antonio responding to a person he knows,' Rosenhaus said in his statement. 'It was not directed towards a trade, or wanting to be traded. Any idea he was asking for a trade is not accurate. Antonio had a personal matter. I talked to the team about it. His issue was unrelated to the tweet or his relationship with the team. Third, AB has an incredible drive to win. He just wants to win. That's all that that is. That's not anything more than him encouraging his coaches and teammates to win. And that's what his entire focus is on. Any notion, any speculation otherwise, can be put to bed. This is a non-story that has been blown out of proportion. We can end this right here and now.'

Huddle Up: Brown and coach Mike Tomlin are set to meet Tuesday, and the expectation is this issue will amount to nothing and blow over quickly in time for the next Steelers dramatic incident.

58 minutes ago, Shaft said:

There was a report that when Big Ben rushed for a TD, AB was open and not happy that he didn't get the TD reception. He walked away while the others were celebrating.  

This is why you don't roster yourself on your fantasy team!  

• Haha 2

According to Ben, AB is just frustrated because they are losing "he's the best in the world, and when you're the best in the world you want to help win games"   

Not sure what more they can do, 33 targets in 2 games is pretty good, would put him on pace for about 265 targets, well above his average (about 150 2011-17) and high (193). Maybe AB should catch more than 54% of the passes thrown his way, he's 65% on his career. 

from NFL.com story

Edited by stevegrab