MrMom

Not sold on Saquan

I was about to trade Kenyan Drake for a TE since I need one but someone brought up a good point

Take away that 78 yard run Saquan had in week 1... he's only averaging a little bit over 2 ypg.. eeeek

He does have one of the hardest schedules for running backs. It was that reason alone on why I avoided him where I had the opportunity to take him.

He might have a legitimate game next week against Houston. MIGHT....

57 minutes ago, MrMomFister said:

I was about to trade Kenyan Drake for a TE since I need one but someone brought up a good point

Take away that 78 yard run Saquan had in week 1... he's only averaging a little bit over 2 ypg.. eeeek

:lol: you can't take that away

• Like 1

Just now, LordOpie said:

Don't think I've ever agreed with you more.  :tup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Def. said:

Don't think I've ever agreed with you more.  :tup:

Or ever :)

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Even I can agree with that. He made a great play, let's pretend it didn't happen. Sure take away those sacks and turnovers and most defenses would look much worse too. 

So far it looks like the OL and Manning's unexpected suckiness that's holding him back (i.e. killing  drives with poor passes etc).  IMO he'll be fine, but if those things don't improve, it won't be the killer season I expected.  I wouldn't sweat too much if I was a NYG fan though, at least not about him.

i haven't watched. Is Manning actually done and should retire or is there something else going on?

I watched some of that game and from what I saw he ran really well and worked hard for what he got. I think the player will be just fine, but his offensive line was horrible. 

He made that long TD by himself.  The oline didn't help open up the hole.  This is why he will struggle.  The oline is just down right terrible.  With all those weapons around, the guys in the trenches are not able to keep up.

I will never understand why people say "if you take away his XX yard run, then his average is XX".  Barkley made that run, period. You can't pick and choose which runs to take away. Might as well take away his -3 yard run too and his average would go up. Cherry picking certain runs doesn't work. All good rbs run for 2, 5, 3, 3, then bam 45 yd TD. That is what makes them good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, heehawks said:

I will never understand why people say "if you take away his XX yard run, then his average is XX".  Barkley made that run, period. You can't pick and choose which runs to take away. Might as well take away his -3 yard run too and his average would go up. Cherry picking certain runs doesn't work. All good rbs run for 2, 5, 3, 3, then bam 45 yd TD. That is what makes them good. 

You can take away long runs IF they're a real outlier. If the DEF collapsed and allowed a "3 yards and pile of dust" RB to go 65 yards and he's very unlikely to ever do that again, then sure, remove it.

2 hours ago, heehawks said:

But can you expect the one run consistently? That's all that is trying to be said. They all count the same to be sure and it doesn't matter how yards and scores are made. But in relying on a player to perform, it is harder to so when he has to break off a single long gainer to avoid a bad game.

I'm definitely worried if I'm a Barkley owner. Some of ya'll acting like you didn't watch the game, the Giants O-Line looked AWFUL. Manning looks AWFUL. It's a bad situation brewing up there in New York. If you can trade him away for an RB1 straight up in a redraft league I'm all about it.

In PPR though, the short dump offs are definitely promising to pad his points and give him a nice floor.

38 minutes ago, DMD said:

But can you expect the one run consistently? That's all that is trying to be said. They all count the same to be sure and it doesn't matter how yards and scores are made. But in relying on a player to perform, it is harder to so when he has to break off a single long gainer to avoid a bad game.

if that is part of his game, then yes. How can you argue otherwise? We're not talking about TDs.

If Barkley is a boom-or-bust player, it's not per game, but per play. I'm not saying he is or is not.

Think of CJ2K... He had poor 1st and 3rd quarters, but he got a lot better as the half went on.

30 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

It's a bad situation brewing up there in New York.

which do you prefer... a great player in a bad situation or an average player in a good situation?

before the season, would you prefer Barkley or Royce Freeman?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which do you prefer... a great player in a bad situation or an average player in a good situation?

before the season, would you prefer Barkley or Royce Freeman?

Well obviously Barkley before the season and now... but I was actually planning on targeting Guice in the second/third but we know how that turned out. But I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Obviously I'm not suggesting anyone trade Barkley for Freeman. lol

He is going to get a ton of receptions and he is going to break long runs.  He is fantasy gold.  He'll have some weeks with a low rushing total.  Not a big deal.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i haven't watched. Is Manning actually done and should retire or is there something else going on?

I don't know but if you look up mannings face after he was sacked, he looked terrified. Like he forgotten how big D linemen are or something. His O line is going to get him killed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Inziladun said:

Well obviously Barkley before the season and now... but I was actually planning on targeting Guice in the second/third but we know how that turned out. But I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Obviously I'm not suggesting anyone trade Barkley for Freeman. lol

the point I'm making is... which do you prefer: talent or situation?

57 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

the point I'm making is... which do you prefer: talent or situation?

Both, lol.

Just now, Inziladun said:

Both, lol.

thanks capt. obvious

you're the one who said Barkley was in a bad situation, implying that you'd avoid a potentially great RB because he was in a bad situation.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

thanks capt. obvious

you're the one who said Barkley was in a bad situation, implying that you'd avoid a potentially great RB because he was in a bad situation.

I'm saying I'd be worried if I owned any shares.... which I don't, so consider me the peanut gallery. I also said if you can trade him for RB1 value, then I'd take my chances with a guy like Elliot, Hunt, Gurley, whatever...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inziladun said:

I'm saying I'd be worried if I owned any shares.... which I don't, so consider me the peanut gallery. I also said if you can trade him for RB1 value, then I'd take my chances with a guy like Elliot, Hunt, Gurley, whatever...

If you're in a league where people will trade an established RB like those guys for a rookie in a bad situation pull the trigger NOW.

I doubt you'd even see that trade in a keeper/dynasty league.

As for Eli, he is bad because his OL is bad. I really don't think he is washed up as some believe. 

• Like 1