[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sold on Saquan

MrMom

So far it looks like the OL and Manning's unexpected suckiness that's holding him back (i.e. killing  drives with poor passes etc).  IMO he'll be fine, but if those things don't improve, it won't be the killer season I expected.  I wouldn't sweat too much if I was a NYG fan though, at least not about him.

I will never understand why people say "if you take away his XX yard run, then his average is XX".  Barkley made that run, period. You can't pick and choose which runs to take away. Might as well take away his -3 yard run too and his average would go up. Cherry picking certain runs doesn't work. All good rbs run for 2, 5, 3, 3, then bam 45 yd TD. That is what makes them good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heehawks said:

I will never understand why people say "if you take away his XX yard run, then his average is XX".  Barkley made that run, period. You can't pick and choose which runs to take away. Might as well take away his -3 yard run too and his average would go up. Cherry picking certain runs doesn't work. All good rbs run for 2, 5, 3, 3, then bam 45 yd TD. That is what makes them good. 

But can you expect the one run consistently? That's all that is trying to be said. They all count the same to be sure and it doesn't matter how yards and scores are made. But in relying on a player to perform, it is harder to so when he has to break off a single long gainer to avoid a bad game.

I'm definitely worried if I'm a Barkley owner. Some of ya'll acting like you didn't watch the game, the Giants O-Line looked AWFUL. Manning looks AWFUL. It's a bad situation brewing up there in New York. If you can trade him away for an RB1 straight up in a redraft league I'm all about it.

In PPR though, the short dump offs are definitely promising to pad his points and give him a nice floor.

41 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which do you prefer... a great player in a bad situation or an average player in a good situation?

before the season, would you prefer Barkley or Royce Freeman?

Well obviously Barkley before the season and now... but I was actually planning on targeting Guice in the second/third but we know how that turned out. But I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Obviously I'm not suggesting anyone trade Barkley for Freeman. lol

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i haven't watched. Is Manning actually done and should retire or is there something else going on?

I don't know but if you look up mannings face after he was sacked, he looked terrified. Like he forgotten how big D linemen are or something. His O line is going to get him killed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

thanks capt. obvious

you're the one who said Barkley was in a bad situation, implying that you'd avoid a potentially great RB because he was in a bad situation.

I'm saying I'd be worried if I owned any shares.... which I don't, so consider me the peanut gallery. I also said if you can trade him for RB1 value, then I'd take my chances with a guy like Elliot, Hunt, Gurley, whatever...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inziladun said:

I'm saying I'd be worried if I owned any shares.... which I don't, so consider me the peanut gallery. I also said if you can trade him for RB1 value, then I'd take my chances with a guy like Elliot, Hunt, Gurley, whatever...

If you're in a league where people will trade an established RB like those guys for a rookie in a bad situation pull the trigger NOW.

I doubt you'd even see that trade in a keeper/dynasty league.

As for Eli, he is bad because his OL is bad. I really don't think he is washed up as some believe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

thanks capt. obvious

you're the one who said Barkley was in a bad situation, implying that you'd avoid a potentially great RB because he was in a bad situation.

It's absolutely both but isn't it more about situation than talent? Just look at Russell Wilson....

No one said "completely avoid" lol no one even said that. What's being stated are LEGITIMATE concerns :bash:

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

thanks capt. obvious

Well?

Again... no one said avoid aside from you :D:D:D:D

Edited by MrMomFister

Put it this way....

Look at David Johnson's numbers. Sooo many people are looking to bench him already... sh*t... even unload him. Add a "big" run like Saquan had and all of a sudden DJ is a stud?? I don't get how you don't get that lmfao

Edited by MrMomFister

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

If you're in a league where people will trade an established RB like those guys for a rookie in a bad situation pull the trigger NOW.

I doubt you'd even see that trade in a keeper/dynasty league.

As for Eli, he is bad because his OL is bad. I really don't think he is washed up as some believe. 

Definitely a stretch. But I could easily see someone out there willing to trade Hunt for him. Maybe you could package a WR with him if you're deep there. Who knows, it's moot offering hypothetical advice. But I'd definitely be trying to make something happen. If not, just enjoy the ride and hope they don't stop tossing it to him.

I will say, anyone that owns him in a money league, needs to do themselves a favor and watch the New York games if they haven't been. Make your own assessment.

Edited by Inziladun

1 hour ago, MrMomFister said:

Put it this way....

Look at David Johnson's numbers. Sooo many people are looking to bench him already... sh*t... even unload him. Add a "big" run like Saquan had and all of a sudden DJ is a stud?? I don't get how you don't get that lmfao

DJ is already a stud, having a down couple of games, if he had an extra 6-8-10 fantasy points that would be pretty big. He is the 11th ranked RB in my league (no PPR), 6 more points would move him to 3rd behind Gurley and Kamara.

Saquon is a stud in the making, where is he on rest of season rankings when you look? I doubt outside the top 10. He is currently 7th in RB scoring.

Just now, LordOpie said:

you start a thread under a faulty premise and you expect others to play your game. good luck with that

Faulty premise? Playing a game?! Wtf are you talking about :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't get salty now bud...….. people are allowed to have different opinions than yours.