[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

0-2 to start season trade my best player advice

Ace_Hawk5

Ok everyone down 0-2 in a 10-team ppr league. I'm averaging 108 points while everyone else is at 120+ so I need to make a major move. Here is my full lineup of players:

Matt Ryan, ODJ, Hilton, E. Sanders, Fournette, Mixon, LeSean McCoy, Yeldon, Peyton Barber, Eric Ebron, David Njoku, Tyler Lockett

I was hurt big time by the injury bug losing Fournette & Mixon but those guys eventually will come back and help me out. Here's what I'm thinking about doing. The only player I have that I think anyone will accept in a trade is TY Hilton. I'm thinking about trading him and targeting a top tier TE like Kelce and Ertz. 

Does it seem like a good idea to trade my best player to blow this thing up and start making moves and use the waiver wire to replace him with a solid WR? Or is it too early?

I do not want to go 0-3.

A few side notes....if I trade TY Hilton I can pick up a guy like John Brown or maybe Keelen Cole on the waiver wire. Also tomorrow with my waiver pick I'm going for Gio Bernard to replace Mixon while he's out.

I just feel like I need to make some sort of move and mix things up. I can't keep taking these crap weeks from Ebron/Njoku.

Thank you

Edited by Ace_Hawk5

*bump* 

So I ended up trading TY Hilton & LeSean McCoy for Dalvin Cook.....what is everyone thoughts on that? My gut tells me most people will tell me I gave up too much but I felt like I needed to get a top 10 RB that I could count on for the rest of the season since I'm dealing with injuries to Fournette & Mixon.

On the waiver wire last night I picked up DeSean Jackson, John Brown, and Keelan Cole.

Thanks everyone

50 minutes ago, Tasandmnm said:

Oh my...that is rough. You'd have been so much better off just picking up Gio on the wire and riding out your injuries to Fournette and Mixon because you had a solid roster and Cook doesn't seem to help you. Ouch.

Unfortunately I had the #7 pick on the waiver wire and Gio went number one. If had I had the #1 waiver pickup I would've stayed put but the guys I play against are ruthless and the guy with the #1 waiver pick texted me and said "lol I'm getting Gio"....what an ass. 

28 minutes ago, cake munchers said:

I agree with Tasandmnm i think you jump the gun on this one..  who did you drop for the other 2 guys you got from WW

I dropped Case Keenum and picked up DeSean Jackson, dropped David Njoku and got John Brown, and dropped Peyton Barber and got Keelan Cole. I also picked up Bilal Powell and didn't drop anyone for him. 

Once Fournette, Mixon, and Cook are all back full time and producing I could trade one of them for a top tier WR.

Edited by Ace_Hawk5