[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FA: Geronimo Allison - this bid canceled

alexgee

• fuz locked this topic
  • fuz unlocked this topic

As I'm hopefully getting the spreadsheet up and running soon, I'm going through these past transactions.  There is an error with Alex's contract years (unless I am mistaken - I hope I am).  Alex, it looks like you acquired Allison, but went over the contract year cap in doing so.  Let me walk through what happened - I didn't catch it until now.  You started the year with 40 contract years across 20 players.  You dropped Seals-Jones, but still had to maintain a contract year penalty in doing so.  You still had 40 years (39 on active players, 1 penalty year from Seals-Jones) when you picked up Allison and gave him a minimum 1 year.  I should have done the math previously when he was acquired before giving him to your team.

I would like advice on what other owners think should happen in this instance (aside from lynching the commissioner).  There is no technical rule for this, as the commissioner would typically ask for player to be cut before assigning them to said team when it is seen that the owner would exceed his contract year cap of 40.  The closest deals with exceeding the cap @ the contract due date (rule 8.3.1).  I didn't have my tracking spreadsheet up to catch it.  Technically, Allison has not been started, so he has not contributed to Alex's game scores.  We can put Allison back in the pool of players for bidding, credit Alex back his credits spent, and allow Alex (or anyone) to rebid.  Or we can just allow Alex to cut a player (with more than one year and one that he has not started in the past several games - since acquiring Allison) - therefore cleaning up the error.

I'm wanting to be lenient, as most all are learning and I didn't catch it - but I want everyone else to weigh in.  Apologies for the error.

Please track your teams appropriately - even when I get everything updated, the spreadsheet only helps us - it will not be perfect.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

• fuz featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic

I believe your math is correct...

As you have stated there should be 2 options given.

Option 1. Alex should have to drop a player w/ multiple contract years to get back to 40 contract years which would include the correct penalty years for players released.

Option 2. Put Allison back to F.A. pool & refund credits.

• fuz unpinned this topic
  • fuz changed the title to FA: Geronimo Allison - this bid canceled
  • fuz locked this topic