[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK Brown fans - exhale

BeeR

Has to be nice to get that out of the way at last.  And even more importantly, maybe - hopefully - Jackson will pull his head out of his massive arse and start Mayfield going forward.  If he doesn't, and some Browns fan blows his head off, if I was on the jury there's no way I'd vote guilty, lol

4 minutes ago, DMD said:

I now feel like anything is truly possible. Not sure why I found it so exciting but I was yelling for the final two minutes.

Same

Talking to my buddy on the phone and both of us were excited with the game.  Regardless of fantasy football implications. (I had Enunwa and Hyde)  Neither of us are Browns fans

Edited by indyrckstar

Just now, indyrckstar said:

Same

Talking to my buddy on the phone and both of us were excited with the game.  Regardless of fantasy football implications. (I had Enunwa and Hyde)

Hyde was destined to have a good game. 

“According to a couple of team sources, #Browns RB Carlos Hyde is expecting the birth of his child any minute now. He’s expected to come straight to the stadium from hospital in time to play. I’m told labor was induced last night, so a potentially long & joyful day for the Hydes.” - Omar Ruiz

And it’s his 28th Birthday 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

According to Hue Jackson, He needs to review the tape before he names a starter for next week........... :bash:

In my six points article I am writing right now, my comment is:

If he isn't the Browns starting quarterback from here on out, do not walk out in the open with HC Hue Jackson in case the rocks and bottles are not accurate.

Tyrod's feelings have no part in this. 

Takeaways from the game:

1.)  Tyrod sucks. RIP

2.) The Browns became great as soon as Mayfield stepped onto the field.

3.) I can only imagine if they let Mayfield get 1st team reps all offseason (Hue is a moron)

4.) Big boost to all position players with Mayfield at the helm

Anyone have any doubts that if Mayfield got 1st team reps all offseason and started the first 2 games that the Browns would be sitting at 3-0 right now?

I think Landry's drop was because he wasn't used to catching passes with zing on them.  He just didn't react quickly enough.  Baker throws laser guided missiles.  It won't be surprising if there are more drops in the next few weeks while his receivers adjust to the speed of his throws.  I like the Drew Brees comparisons.  Baker plays in a similar style and with similar moxie.  But Baker has a much better arm.  He could end up better than Brees.

1 hour ago, buddahj said:

Whoa whoa whoa. He only played a little over a half of a game. Let's not talk crazy lol. 

Brees even said that himself.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795496-drew-brees-on-baker-mayfield-i-think-he-can-be-a-lot-better-than-me

If people can't see how special Baker is/can be... I don't know what to say.

• Like 1

I believe the only statement from Hue so far came right after the game, they have 10 days until the next game and they will make Mayfield the starter here on out. To not do so would end the interest of all Browns fans. 

Something was odd in the first half, the offense looked far worse than the prior two games, no pass or run blocking, nothing was working. I know Mayfield is better and brings confidence, but its weird that alone changed everything, must have been some halftime adjustments as well. 

As for how many we could win, not sure that more than 4-5 is realistic, just look at the schedule and find me the games they're likely to win. They still have @OAK, LAC, @TB, @PIT, KC, ATL, @CIN, @HOU, CAR, @DEN, CIN, @BAL  I could see splitting with CIN/BAL, with LAC, OAK, as likely wins, maybe small chance with ATL or HOU.  No chance KC, CAR, DEN, PIT

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Something was odd in the first half, the offense looked far worse than the prior two games, no pass or run blocking, nothing was working. I know Mayfield is better and brings confidence, but its weird that alone changed everything, must have been some halftime adjustments as well. 

1 hour ago, DanTheMan_5 said:

Perhaps the rest of the team sabotaged Tyron to get Mayfield in the game?

A good leader can bring out the best in people. That doesn't excuse it because everyone should do their job, but I've seen it so many times in life where a leader can change the whole morale of a situation. 

Didn't see that the pass blocking was any different for Mayfield than Taylor.  Mayfield just knew how to get rid of the ball.  Quicker reads and release.  Dodged the rush to make a on target throw, vs dodging the rush to run (only to run into more pass rush) or errant throws.  Mayfield made the Oline look better than it was.