[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK Brown fans - exhale

BeeR

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Didn't see that the pass blocking was any different for Mayfield than Taylor.  Mayfield just knew how to get rid of the ball.  Quicker reads and release.  Dodged the rush to make a on target throw, vs dodging the rush to run (only to run into more pass rush) or errant throws.  Mayfield made the Oline look better than it was. 

There was no time to read or release many times early first half for Taylor. He was getting blasted by guys running right past the OL. 

12 hours ago, DMD said:

I now feel like anything is truly possible. Not sure why I found it so exciting but I was yelling for the final two minutes.

The atmosphere in the crowd , with Joe Bucks play by play had the feel of a playoff game, by far one of the most intense week 3 Thursday night games I've ever watched 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

It sure seemed like it was more than just Baker playing much better, since Taylor had a ton more pressure early in the game

It's not hard to get more pressure on the QB when your not afraid of him throwing the ball over your heads. Taylor's inability to spread the field is what makes it a little harder on the OL

2 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

It's not hard to get more pressure on the QB when your not afraid of him throwing the ball over your heads. Taylor's inability to spread the field is what makes it a little harder on the OL

Thanks, guess that makes sense. I also think the 2 minute drill was the perfect time for Mayfield to enter the game. 

Thanks James very informative. Helped me see some things I was missing, like how Taylor could have gotten the ball to an open receiver instead of getting sacked. He wasn't seeing it and reacting. I did recognize before that he was missing open guys, and making some bad plays. It was by far the worst he's played since joining the Browns.