Nate_man123

Howard for Freeman?

I would get Freeman. Don't have great RB depth but the upside seems nice though risky. Thoughts?

EDIT: devante

Edited by Nate_man123

I don't think that I would.  Coleman will always cut into Freeman's goal line chances.  I don't think Howard loses much to Cohen, even on third down as much as he used to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, higgins4321 said:

I don't think that I would.  Coleman will always cut into Freeman's goal line chances.  I don't think Howard loses much to Cohen, even on third down as much as he used to. 

Even with that, if you look at Freeman's and Howard's numbers in past seasons they both have equal total ypg, but Freeman scores way more TDs than Howard because the ATL offense is just way better.

The catch with Freeman (lately) is that he's often injured so I'd rather have a reliable Howard.

Edited by JumpingJehosaphat
  • Like 1

Serious question. Why does everyone love Howard? He's done nothing but everyone treats him as an un tradeable commodity. To me he's a mid level flex option. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Serious question. Why does everyone love Howard? He's done nothing but everyone treats him as an un tradeable commodity. To me he's a mid level flex option. 

Huh? 

2016: 1,600 yards from scrimmage and 7 TDs

2017: 1,200 yard from scrimmage and  9 TDs

Reliable RBs are hard to come by in fantasy. He's clearly a RB2 going into his prime years. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shaft said:

Huh? 

2016: 1,600 yards from scrimmage and 7 TDs

2017: 1,200 yard from scrimmage and  9 TDs

Reliable RBs are hard to come by in fantasy. He's clearly a RB2 going into his prime years. 

This year, 2018.

• Like 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

This year, 2018.

Because he's an established RB. He has a history to support his worth. That's why DJ is still viewed as valuable. A number of players have slow starts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Because he's an established RB. He has a history to support his worth. That's why DJ is still viewed as valuable. A number of players have slow starts. 

DJ is getting murdered on this forum. I have Howard in my flex spot but am loosing patience fast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

DJ is getting murdered on this forum. I have Howard in my flex spot but am loosing patience fast.

That's why I'm thinking Freeman for the higher upside might be better. I can play a guy like Lindsay in the meantime who likely won't do much worse than Howard

5 minutes ago, Nate_man123 said:

That's why I'm thinking Freeman for the higher upside might be better. I can play a guy like Lindsay in the meantime who likely won't do much worse than Howard

I'm sure/hope Howard figures it out. He's killing me in the flex. I'm moving Aghalor in the flex this week

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm sure/hope Howard figures it out. He's killing me in the flex. I'm moving Aghalor in the flex this week

Howard

Game 1: 14 carries, 35 yards----3, receptions, 33 yards

Game 2: 15 carries, 85 yards ----5, receptions, 25 yards. 

The first game was subpar. The second game was solid. I think he's fine. I might even try to buy low on him. 

10 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I might even try to buy low on him. 

I am doing the same.  He has a plus matchup this week.  If he struggles this week then it's a different story.  The fact that he is being used in the passing game is a bonus

24 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Howard

Game 1: 14 carries, 35 yards----3, receptions, 33 yards

Game 2: 15 carries, 85 yards ----5, receptions, 25 yards. 

The first game was subpar. The second game was solid. I think he's fine. I might even try to buy low on him. 

Its definitely a good time to buy. I'm trying to get DJ in a few leagues as well. 

Howard is solid, he may not get you a TD every week but he generally don't lay eggs either. I look for him to have a good game this weekend. I don't trust Freeman at all, Coleman leeches from his stats plus injury bug has a taste for him.