[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 3 Waiver Wire

michaelredd9

1 hour ago, kdko said:

You better pray you have the #1 waiver spot.  You really had no one else to drop this week for Murray? :what:

No my other RBs are Gurley, Collins, Hyde, & Ekeler. I guess I could've cut Ekeler, but he was actually preforming up to this point. 

Very deep league for me, guys like Boyd and Kerryon are gone. I considered adding Boyd last week, but passed.

If I didn't already have Ertz I might be considering Goedert or Jordan Matthews.

If Chris Carson is out there I'd target him.

One of the QBs that's available that I've been watching (start Stafford backup Trubisky) is Andy Dalton, even in a loss with 4 picks he still put up good numbers. Not sure how bad the groin injury is for AJ Green, and Mixon is out limiting that offense somewhat. The Garapallo owner likely needs a replacement, I'd put Dalton ahead of some other normally options like Flacco and Bortles.

Edited by stevegrab

In one league, I need a TE in a bad way, and am trying to decide between V. McDonald and Goedert.

In a 2 QB league, which REQUIRES 4 QB on roster, I'm still alright with (Rodgers, Fitz, and Rivers), but Tyrod's sucky azz going down pretty much necessitates a move for a few reasons. One, I don't think Tyrod starts anywhere again...unless Baker goes down this season...but, my opponent this week has : Cam (on a bye), Peterman, Bradford, and Luck playing. Therefore, he needs a QB and I'd like to block him with a waiver pick up. Hell, there isn't much left out there, but Gabbert and that 3rd guy from TEN are still out there, and I have no clue who Jimmy G's backup truly is!  He also needs a RB, but he'll probably gets Collins, who I had to drop last week. 

I need WR help on all my teams except one. I'm a mess!

23 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Tyler Boyd might be worth a big chuck of bidding dollars.

Ive claimed Boyd, Ridley, M Williams, Godwin, Mayfield. Each week I go crazy on the wire hoping to snatch some unwanted hopefuls! 

But seriously, how about Ridley & Boyd Impressing on our trigger fingers?

9 hours ago, Chaim Witz said:

In one league, I need a TE in a bad way, and am trying to decide between V. McDonald and Goedert.

In a 2 QB league, which REQUIRES 4 QB on roster, I'm still alright with (Rodgers, Fitz, and Rivers), but Tyrod's sucky azz going down pretty much necessitates a move for a few reasons. One, I don't think Tyrod starts anywhere again...unless Baker goes down this season...but, my opponent this week has : Cam (on a bye), Peterman, Bradford, and Luck playing. Therefore, he needs a QB and I'd like to block him with a waiver pick up. Hell, there isn't much left out there, but Gabbert and that 3rd guy from TEN are still out there, and I have no clue who Jimmy G's backup truly is!  He also needs a RB, but he'll probably gets Collins, who I had to drop last week. 

I need WR help on all my teams except one. I'm a mess!

C.J Beatherd (rookie who started some last year) is the 49ers backup QB and will take over as starter. They may try to trade for somebody better, but not sure they want to spend much capital for a short term fix at QB. Or what is out there.

In most leagues there's probably 8-10 starting QBs available, maybe less in keeper/dynasty where the top 4 rookies got rostered and are all starting now. Those probably include guys like Dalton, Tannehil, Flacco, Prescott, and some other guys you really don't want. Taylor and Foles may be on the list as well, maybe 1-2 of the rookies. Those first 2 QBs are currently 9/10 in fantasy points. One of those guys would be a much better option that whatever SF does. 

Raheem Mostert might be worth rostering in deep leagues.  Morris and Breida are both dealing with knee issues and Mostert is the only other halfback on the 49ers' roster.  Mostert is a small-sized SPARQ freak similar to Breida.  Mostert probably has a ceiling of 50% of snaps but a running back in a Shanahan offense can put up nice stats in 50% of snaps.

Jacob Hollister is a guy to watch.  It was a very small sample size but he had 3 receptions with only 14 snaps played in week 2.  He looked good.  He moves better than most tight ends.  He was out last week with a "chest" injury but might be back this week.  He could be a tier 1 tight end if Gronk gets hurt.  Gronk probably has a 50% chance of getting a season-ending injury as some point this year.

Law Firm 2.0

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13280/marquez-valdes-scantling

Marquez Valdes-Scantling will start in Week 4 against Buffalo.
He's replacing Randall Cobb (hamstring) in three-wide sets. Cobb was playing 90 percent of snaps before going down, so Valdes-Scantling is going to get some serious run. With Cobb potentially looking at a multi-game absence, Valdes-Scantling's dynasty stock is on the rise. Sep 30 - 11:59 AM

On 9/30/2018 at 8:05 AM, michaelredd9 said:

Jacob Hollister is a guy to watch.  It was a very small sample size but he had 3 receptions with only 14 snaps played in week 2.  He looked good.  He moves better than most tight ends.  He was out last week with a "chest" injury but might be back this week.  He could be a tier 1 tight end if Gronk gets hurt.  Gronk probably has a 50% chance of getting a season-ending injury as some point this year.

Is the bolded just based on his history, or something else?