[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle seeming unreliable

dbent1856

I get that fantasy websites are just information, but the "experts" on the huddle seems to hardly ever get lineup advice right. they tell me to sit Alex Collins and play Keelan Cole and then Collins goes off. They say sit Carlos Hyde and then he goes off.

They tell me pick up Phillip Lindsay,..."He is the waiver wire pick to have" then he sucks. They rate Running backs such as Derrick Henry high and show Clement as the guy to play this week in flex.

None of the info has been helpful. Taking their advice seems to be getting me killed in my league.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can strengthen this segment? I am looking for some good weekly advice for lineup decisions.

What do you guys think?

Lol, to be fair Lindsay got ejected for being an idiot and that whole Browns offense had a resurgence under Mayfield, Can't predict that.

The Keelan Cole start and sit Collins probably weren't the best takes. Clement was probably a good start given the circumstances, but what can you do?

You have to realize these "experts" are guessing like anyone else. You have to make your own judgements based on your teams and what you're looking to do. Playing a guy you think is going to blow up? Shoot with high upside starts. Playing a guy who's team looks like trash, play the safe floor guys. Start your studs, and pickup players that have been performing through the first 3 weeks.

Lindsey was a great pickup when they suggested him, other sites were also high on Lindsey.

No site is spot on all the time, they're wrong a lot.

I've been a member on and off a long time, if I'm going to pay for fantasy info they are my first choice. Other years I just use other sites free info which isn't bad. 

If you have the time and really want to see how good they are compared to others, look at some other sites and look at every player every week, and compare how accurate they are. Them being wrong on a few players here and there which impact your team may not be representative of their overall quality. 

Some of the huddles info is a little iffy, specifically Derrick Henry being still so high. But no info anywhere is going to be reliable week to week. Next week all of the huddles info could be spot on. What it comes down too is you taking in multiple sources and coming up with your own conclusions. Philip Lindsay is more of a stash down the line imo. It comes down to taking a bunch of info in and making your own decisions. Taking all of only a certain person or sites info only is going to doom you. 

There was one site that was super high on Kamara last year coming into the season. Each week they'd tell people to pick him up. I think that it lasted through til like week 4-5 until his ownership got high enough that they took him off the list. I forgot the site,but I've been trying to find it. Those are the guys I'd be curious to listen to for awhile.

28 minutes ago, dbent1856 said:

I get that fantasy websites are just information, but the "experts" on the huddle seems to hardly ever get lineup advice right. they tell me to sit Alex Collins and play Keelan Cole and then Collins goes off. They say sit Carlos Hyde and then he goes off.

They tell me pick up Phillip Lindsay,..."He is the waiver wire pick to have" then he sucks. They rate Running backs such as Derrick Henry high and show Clement as the guy to play this week in flex.

None of the info has been helpful. Taking their advice seems to be getting me killed in my league.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can strengthen this segment? I am looking for some good weekly advice for lineup decisions.

What do you guys think?

There is no such thing as getting guaranteed right picks. 

The best source is to research it yourself, see what people say, look at matchups, weather conditions, injuries, etc...  Then make your own decision.

I happen to like this site's info though.  Over the years, it has helped me with free agents and what is trending.

Look throughout history..   Fringe type players are so up & down & it is impossible to pick the week they have their fluke great game..

If pure predictions equaled the true results - I would be 3-0 instead of 1-2 (as long as Conner gets me 5 pts tonight) and FF would be really boring

21 minutes ago, seahawk3133 said:

Look throughout history..   Fringe type players are so up & down & it is impossible to pick the week they have their fluke great game..

If pure predictions equaled the true results - I would be 3-0 instead of 1-2 (as long as Conner gets me 5 pts tonight) and FF would be really boring

I'm not having fun unless I snap at least 1 directv remote in half !

I had Direct TV for 10 years and there were times they treated me like a king & there were times they acted like they were hoping I would switch...

I'm not sure if they go through managers quickly and it matters on who is in charge or they spin a wheel on whether they care about you or not...

5 hours ago, dbent1856 said:

What do you guys think?

I think the Huddle is pretty solid in their projections.  I took a few years off and used other sites and found myself coming back here.  Theyre one of the OG fantasy sites for a reason.  Hell, DMD kicked this thing off before he had gray hair!

44 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I think the Huddle is pretty solid in their projections.  I took a few years off and used other sites and found myself coming back here.  Theyre one of the OG fantasy sites for a reason.  Hell, DMD kicked this thing off before he had gray hair!

He was in fantasy football when fantasy football wasn’t cool. Oh and I was able to draft William Green in all my leagues one year. 

Edited by MikesVikes

I did the same thing. I was with them from 2008 through 2011 winning my league 2 out of 3 years and never finishing lower than 3rd. Then I went to fantasyguru and won my league. Then stay for a couple more years and kept finishing middle of the pack. It just seems like all the sites have the same info now to me. My biggest issue is the weekly lineup algorithm keeps telling me to play the wrong guy. They project 20 based upon my leagues scoring model and he keeps getting 5 points. And then they project  5 points and he gets 20. Just looking for something consistent. 

Also want to add my first ever drafted player was John Elway so I have been playing forever and probably know as much as anyone. I won so many leagues with Priest Holmes and Reggie Wayne it was ridiculous. I justwish if I am going to pay 35 bucks they actually have me winning advice e which I have yet to capitalize on. 

I went against The Huddle last week and started Kirk Cousins over Deshaun Watson. I lost my game because of it. 

They are right more than wrong but you should read other sites as well to get a more rounded view. It's one person's opinion which can be wrong but they use sound reasons unlike some other sites.

Edited by squirrelmastr21

Yeah, The Huddle missed on Fitzpatrick too. I want a refund, lol! :smash:

Projections are based on the players compared to the defenses they play against. Your good TE may be playing against the worst passing defense against TE's and only catch 2 for 22 yards. You still had to start him there even though Goedert went off the same week (no one saw that coming). Show me one sight that recommended sitting Vikings against the Buffalo defense last week. This is the NFL where even bad teams can step up and beat a playoff team and look like world beaters doing it. Anything can happen. 

2 hours ago, dbent1856 said:

Also want to add my first ever drafted player was John Elway so I have been playing forever and probably know as much as anyone. I won so many leagues with Priest Holmes and Reggie Wayne it was ridiculous. I justwish if I am going to pay 35 bucks they actually have me winning advice e which I have yet to capitalize on. 

Mine was Dalton Hilliard and I still didn't win.

3 hours ago, dbent1856 said:

You’ve been playing that long and you can blame someone else for your line-up choices with a straight face? :rofl:

• Like 2

• DMD locked this topic