captain77

Thoughts on P. Lindsay moving forward...

12 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm in Vietnam.  I thought you guys were arguing in the middle of the night.  I forgot to adjust for time zones.  It was funnier when I thought you guys were arguing at 4am.

where in nam are you? i went over there for 2 weeks about 4 years ago...spent most of my time in da nang...spent about 3 days in HCMC....had a good time

although it was a struggle on a sunday to stay up and follow my fantasy teams( was there in october)...i was all drunk following the 4pm games on my ipad lolol

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 2

Just now, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

where in nam are you? i went over there for 2 weeks about 4 years ago...spent most of my time in da nang...spent about 3 days in HCMC....had a good time

I've been in HCMC for the last 6 weeks.  I only meant to stay here for a few days but I can't seem to leave.

3 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I've been in HCMC for the last 6 weeks.  I only meant to stay here for a few days but I can't seem to leave.

i became addicted to ostrich in HCMC lolol

my best friends cousin lives/works over there...so we went over...it was nice having our own personal tour guide/translator

we flew into hong kong and spent 3 days there...one of those days we took the ferry to macau and spent the day at the venetian gambling and eating dumplings....then went into da nang for about 8 days before spending the last 3 in hcmc

it was cool...rented a moped for the week in da nang(pretty much a must)....which was great..although there are some parts of the traffic there that are unnerving...its a little scary being at a stoplight(which are rare) wedged between an oil/fuel truck and another vehicle when you can reach out each elbow and touch either one...the roundabouts there are insane too...most of the people there i knew were all too comfortable because they were used to it.....but your first time getting acclimated to traffic there is crazy on a moped.....took that thing up to the top of hai van pass and all sorts of other fun crazy stuff....got wasted of course all the time

didnt spend a ton of time in HCMC but i do remember returning to the hotel every morning around 5 am lolol.....my fave though was hitting the lil street pubs outside on the tiny plastic furniture and having someone grill me up some street food...ostrich! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

i actually forgot to mention this...cant believe i did...i got a tat there...at saigon ink...nice shop...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

i became addicted to ostrich in HCMC lolol

I'll have to look for ostrich.  I haven't eaten it as far as I know but there is a lot of stuff I've eaten by just pointing at it.

15 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

its a little scary being at a stoplight

Green light: I go

Yellow light: I still go

Red light: I can still go

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:57 PM, dope man said:

Boys Boys....slow it down....LordOpie makes for good conversation here and has for a long time.  Forever in debt....stop being so sensitive!

Good conversation?  Mostly just ramblings of a fool. He thinks he is the Huddle comic relief, just tossing out silly stuff trying to get a rise out of people.

Which is really just a troll.  I suppose there are a few nuggets of real wisdom, but tons of crap to wade through to find them. 

On 9/29/2018 at 5:49 AM, dope man said:

My bad, I shouldn’t have stooped to your level...I apologize! Go Lindsey! 

Dope man must be applying for the job as Dopie's mindless sidekick

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Good conversation?  Mostly just ramblings of a fool. He thinks he is the Huddle comic relief, just tossing out silly stuff trying to get a rise out of people.

Which is really just a troll.  I suppose there are a few nuggets of real wisdom, but tons of crap to wade through to find them. 

I have often thought that you rambled a lot as well....and you seem to quote me a lot, which is making me wonder if you are stalking me or have a school age crush on me...either way it is starting to make me a little uncomfortable big guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dope man said:

I have often thought that you rambled a lot as well....and you seem to quote me a lot, which is making me wonder if you are stalking me or have a school age crush on me...either way it is starting to make me a little uncomfortable big guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. 

I quote people when I respond directly to something they said, even if it was the last post in the thread. Don't recall doing it that often with you, or responding to things you've said. But your defense of Opie here seemed odd. 

Yes I can ramble a lot, but its mostly about fantasy football, topics being discussed or how it relates to my team/league. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I quote people when I respond directly to something they said, even if it was the last post in the thread. Don't recall doing it that often with you, or responding to things you've said. But your defense of Opie here seemed odd. 

Yes I can ramble a lot, but its mostly about fantasy football, topics being discussed or how it relates to my team/league. 

I'm glad that you and I got a divorce. I know it's been 17 years since we've seen each other, but you were right, we're better off moving on with our lives and each of us finding someone that makes us happy.

what?

sorry, I thought you were my ex-wife for a moment. She was contrary, humorless, and generally unhappy with me or before me. I hope she found some happiness somewhere.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like tacos!  Still can't believe Denver was even in that game.  Maybe there is hope............

• Like 1

i'm frustrated that PL is returning kids, but even worse, why is he covering punts?

Posted (edited)

Freebird had 3 catches which is encouraging.  But I think I'd bench him this week against the Rams.  Freeman is a better option in games where the Broncos are leading.  Week 7 is a better matchup for Freeman against the Cardinals.  The Broncos will likely be leading and the Cardinals have given up the second most points to opposing running backs.  Week 8 is against the Chiefs.  The Broncos could be playing from behind but the Chiefs have given up the most points to opposing running backs so it is still a juicy matchup.

Edited by michaelredd9

Just now, michaelredd9 said:

Freebird had 3 catches which is encouraging.  But I think I'd bench him this week against the Rams.  Freeman is a better option in games where the Broncos are leading.  Week 7 is a better matchup for Freeman against the Cardinals.  The Broncos will likely be leading and the Cardinals have given up the second most points to opposing running backs.  Week 8 is against the Chiefs.  The Broncos could be playing from behind but the Chiefs have given up the most points to opposing running backs so it is still a juicy matchup.

Carson and Davis were able to gash the rams...I'm not exactly sure why but I suspect either Seattle's offensive line played well, the threat of Wilson helped or the Rams linebackers might stink(I'm leaning here but I'd have to look into it more ).....biggest question for denver hosting  the Rams is whether or not keenum can keep drives going and the defense can hold the Rams a bit.....I still wouldn't start Freeman but they could have some success running on the Rams..

Biggest problem I see for Denver's run game is inconsistency...both guys have nice averages but they pop off some big gains and while that is nice it doesn't sustain drives 

Need to drop a guy and that's going to be Royce due to how my roster is currently setup.  I need a RB that gets more opportunities.   Targeting FA with Crowell, Smallwood, Nyheim, Keke, John Brown and Tyler Lockett.  

By dropping Royce, I am going to use Lindsay in situational scenarios.  In particular, when I feel Denver is playing from behind.

6 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

Need to drop a guy and that's going to be Royce due to how my roster is currently setup.  I need a RB that gets more opportunities.   Targeting FA with Crowell, Smallwood, Nyheim, Keke, John Brown and Tyler Lockett.  

By dropping Royce, I am going to use Lindsay in situational scenarios.  In particular, when I feel Denver is playing from behind.

Don't want to derail this thread, but what kind of league has this guy as a free agent?

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Don't want to derail this thread, but what kind of league has this guy as a free agent?

10 league team with only 6 bench players

1 minute ago, indyrckstar said:

10 league team with only 6 bench players

Huh.  Even with that I'd suspect he'd be taken.  He's WR23 in PPR, WR19 in standard.

Anyways...

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Huh.  Even with that I'd suspect he'd be taken.  He's WR23 in PPR, WR19 in standard.

Anyways...

Currently, Tyler Lockett is #15 WR scorer.  Brown is #22.  Keke has done very well in the last two game which is the only data available.  Crowell is the #6 RB overall RB.  

Smaller league, less bench, season still young, having a flex, etc...  has an impact.  With that said, I expect him to be picked up this week.