[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defense tonight

jamesplante11

46 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Really? Please elaborate. Because most have been brought in over the last 2 years. 

Last year the Rams were orders of magnitude better than they were the year previous under Fisher.  It was largely the exact same team.  They added a tackle and Watkins.  Didn't have a #1 draft pick.  You're talking about a team that averaged 3 wins a year for 5 years, then BOOM.  Yeah, I'd say Fisher was clearly the problem.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Def. said:

Fixed

I agree.  I am commissioner of 4 private leagues and they are IDP.  But the high stakes stuff on the major sites don't offer them and the old silly "team defense" is still used.  Hate it.  Always did and always will.  And to give a "team defense" points for a Special Teams TD has always been absurd.  The fabricated combination of "Special Teams" and "Team Defense" has been idiotic since the 1990's when it became popular and still is to this day.  It's just stupid.  THe two have nothing to do with each other.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, Dcat said:

I agree.  I am commissioner of 4 private leagues and they are IDP.  But the high stakes stuff on the major sites don't offer them and the old silly "team defense" is still used.  Hate it.  Always did and always will.  And to give a "team defense" points for a Special Teams TD has always been absurd.  The fabricated combination of "Special Teams" and "Team Defense" has been idiotic since the 1990's when it became popular and still is to this day.  It's just stupid.  THe two have nothing to do with each other.

Our team defense does not include special teams, never has. 

As for IDP, its not for everybody, more players to follow and manage, team defense is mostly a throw away in our league with very low scoring. I laugh at the teams drafting the "top defense" 4-5 rounds before others are looking, not worth spending that resource for a small difference. Same can be said for kickers in many cases, not consistent either. 

On 9/28/2018 at 11:35 PM, Dcat said:

I'm starting to believe that streaming defenses is the only way to go.

Fantasy defenses are unpredictable.  But they usually aren't 100% unpredictable.  Usually there at least a few defenses worth keeping week in and week out.  This year, fantasy defenses have been 100% unpredictable.  None of the defenses with adps in the top 8 are in the top 8 in points scored.  Not one.  

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Fantasy defenses are unpredictable.  But they usually aren't 100% unpredictable.  Usually there at least a few defenses worth keeping week in and week out.  This year, fantasy defenses have been 100% unpredictable.  None of the defenses with adps in the top 8 are in the top 8 in points scored.  Not one.  

Which top 8 ADP are you looking at and what defensive rankings are you looking at. 

Top 8 scoring defenses in my league are CHI, PIT, CIN, NYJ, MIN, CLE, AZ, DET (KC & JAX round out the top 10, BAL & HOU the top 12). 3 of those top 8 are available on waivers. 

None of those 8 were in any top 8 ADP list anywhere? Not even MIN?  Certainly top 10 lists included no JAX, top 12 had BAL/HOU.

Yes they are unpredictable, and in my view (for my league) not worth spending a high pick to get one of the top ranked units. But absolute statements like what you bolded in yours are nonsense. But sports fans love doing this because its what makes them stand out. Say something outlandish or you're not heard.

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Which top 8 ADP are you looking at

MFL10s ADP List:

1 Jaguars

2 Rams

3 Vikings

4 Eagles

5 Chargers

6 Ravens

7 Texans

8 Saints

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

what defensive rankings are you looking at. 

Points Scored by Defense: RTSports The Fantasy Championship

1 Bears

2 Steelers

3 Jets

4 Bengals

5 Browns

6 Chiefs

7 Panthers

8 Dolphins

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

But absolute statements like what you bolded in yours are nonsense. But sports fans love doing this because its what makes them stand out. Say something outlandish or you're not heard.

I've asked you before and I'm going to ask you again: Please stop responding to my posts.

Seems odd that MIN is not in that top 8 scoring defense, must include ST TDs or something. Predicting ST TDs is nearly impossible, so rankings will be off from reality. 

If you don't want to see my posts you can ignore me, so quit telling me what to do.