dougsul

Unfair trade?

Guy traded A Rogers for  G Tate

He did already have another good qb making Rogers expendable.

If it made his starting lineup stronger then the short answer is that it is fair.

I'm clearly missing the point. Unfair to who?

If both owners agreed, and you cannot prove without a shred of doubt that there was collusion, then it’s a fair trade and getting upset about it is pointless 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dougsul said:

Guy traded A Rogers for  G Tate

He did already have another good qb making Rogers expendable.

people are naturally contrary. While using "fair" is completely, well, fair, if you use "equal value", you might get a better response. Probably not. I'll answer you tho...

no, not in any remotely reasonable scoring format is Tate the same value/worth/fair as Aaron Rodgers. Not even an injured AR... unless the original AR owner found out some info that AR is in jeopardy of missing several games.

2 hours ago, dope man said:

If it made his starting lineup stronger then the short answer is that it is fair.

while I think doug was asking about a different kind of "fair", I completely agree with you. Owners should ALWAYS do what's best for their team within the confines of the rules. Always, regardless of how upset it makes the league.

Oh, thought this was about the Fitz for Kupp steal.

No I traded Tate and received Rogers.  Some owners are complaining.  I wrote this in a way to solicit unbiased opinions.  His team improved somewhat, mine team obviously did if Rogers heals to a point where he can scramble more to get out of the pocket.

33 minutes ago, dougsul said:

No I traded Tate and received Rogers.  Some owners are complaining.  I wrote this in a way to solicit unbiased opinions.  His team improved somewhat, mine team obviously did if Rogers heals to a point where he can scramble more to get out of the pocket.

and that's not a fair trade. I understand their complaints. Not that I care. I see odd trades in dynasty all the time, but, of course, that because a 30+ year old WR, even if he was great, has much less value in dynasty

i'm trying to convince an owner to trade me Thielen (2-year contract) for P.Lindsey (taxi squad) and not too much more. If PL is actually good and the other owner is rebuilding, then I think it's a good trade, tho odd

Edited by LordOpie

14 hours ago, Shaft said:

I'm clearly missing the point. Unfair to who?

Usually to other owners not involved whose teams haven't improved.