[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ANYONE ELSE FED UP WITH KENYAN DRAKE

MrMom

He was one of 4 players added from waivers last night (players that were released late Tue night waivers) along with Sanu, Tavon Austin and Buck Allen. Think that is the first time I've seen more than 1-2 Tue drops be added though waivers, its a sign of how deep our rosters are, the guys are often fighting over scraps. 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

it also begs the question why your leaguemates aren't trying to trade more. At least list some guys as "trade bait"? Does your league do much trading?

I think we have more trading than some leagues, one reason is our keeper structure (no limits or contracts, I could draft a rookie and keep him forever, and each team must keep 5 players). Some guys don't have that 4th or 5th good player, so they trade their extra talent for draft picks. 

One thing that prevents more trading, is our deep bench, with room for an entire 2nd set of starters (but I could carry 9 extra RB if I want).

I just traded Ebron plus a pick for Davanta Adams, then grabbed Greg Olsen who was a free agent to use as my backup for Ertz in week 9, then probably trade him. 

The guys dropped off waivers, two were mine (Allen for Cohen and Sanu for Trubisky) were not players I could get anything for in a trade, and the players I acquired off waivers were not available on any roster. 

You traded Ebron after last night? Did you not see the googly eyes that Luck had for him? I think they're in love. 

I'll admit, I am bitter, having played Hines last night. 

20 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

It is the perfect time to trade Ebron.  Sell high.  Jack Doyle's return will probably have a big impact on Ebron.

What's Doyle's timeline to return?

10 hours ago, Def. said:

SS3.JPG.bfe71048babcfb2bd067ca0406349051.JPG

Rotoworld

This Rotoworld author sounds like a salty Drake owner who unwisely used a 3rd round pick on him.  This is a classic example of how a fantasy footballer's opinion can differ from an NFL head coach's opinion.  NFL head coaches like crusty veterans like Frank Gore.  It should have been no surprise to anyone that Frank Gore is being heavily utilized.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

This Rotoworld author sounds like a salty Drake owner who unwisely used a 3rd round pick on him.  This is a classic example of how a fantasy footballer's opinion can differ from an NFL head coach's opinion.  NFL head coaches like crusty veterans like Frank Gore.  It should have been no surprise to anyone that Frank Gore is being heavily utilized.

Don't think its a surprise to anyone that Gore is being utilized.  That being said, it will also not be a surprise to anyone when Gase is fired at the end of the year because he did things like over utilize Gore.  We're in week 5, why are you still going on about draft rounds at this point? 

2 hours ago, Def. said:

We're in week 5, why are you still going on about draft rounds at this point? 

Where he was drafted is integral to how someone feels about him.  I just picked up Drake on waivers.  I love the Drake.  A lot people who drafted him in the 3rd round are whining.  They hate the Drake.  Why should I not mention his draft spot?

• Thanks 1

22 yard TD reception.  He also had a bad drop on a swing pass where it looked like it was an easy 30 yards maybe a 60 yard TD if he makes someone miss.

Unfortunately, Gore is receiving the vast majority of carries.  

On 10/6/2018 at 1:12 PM, kdko said:

Signed,

3rd round Drake picker

Lol, Nice!  Fortunately I only have him in 1 contract dynasty league where I grabbed him last year.  My comments in here are merely as a sorry fan of the Dolphins.  Pointed out the draft round comment cause honestly I just find the whole "na na na na na told you so" crap some people constantly want to :smash: on around here as condescending and petty.  This far into the season I find most redraft players no longer care where they drafted someone, they're just looking at what can and can't help their squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Def. said:

Lol, Nice!  Fortunately I only have him in 1 contract dynasty league where I grabbed him last year.  My comments in here are merely as a sorry fan of the Dolphins.  Pointed out the draft round comment cause honestly I just find the whole "na na na na na told you so" crap some people constantly want to :smash: on around here as condescending and petty.  This far into the season I find most redraft players no longer care where they drafted someone, they're just looking at what can and can't help their squad. 

Ahhh, that makes more sense ;)  I was just messin' around anyways.  Still baffling that he doesn't get the ball more.  Could there be something contrarian that Drake isn't actually as good as we think, and Gase isn't a terrible head coach who's actually making the right personal calls?  :thinking: I actually wanted him on all my teams this year but thankfully struck out.

5 minutes ago, kdko said:

Ahhh, that makes more sense ;)  I was just messin' around anyways.  Still baffling that he doesn't get the ball more.  Could there be something contrarian that Drake isn't actually as good as we think, and Gase isn't a terrible head coach who's actually making the right personal calls?  :thinking: I actually wanted him on all my teams this year but thankfully struck out.

It's hard not to think Gase is what he after these 3 years.  I know there's been bad luck with line and QB injuries, but that's no different than what other teams face too.  Got to overcome.  I'm more then willing to believe Drake is not that good also, but believe you gotta find out if anything is there because as mentioned above Gore isn't going to do anything for you but keep you mediocre at best.  

I firmly believe at the end of this year the entire system will be flushed and Miami will be starting from scratch.   

On 10/5/2018 at 6:54 PM, 1fastdoc said:

You traded Ebron after last night? Did you not see the googly eyes that Luck had for him? I think they're in love. 

I'll admit, I am bitter, having played Hines last night. 

I traded Ebron before that game, Zack Ertz is and would continue to be my starter, and Ebron had the same bye (draft mistake) so he was not going to play for me. The trade was for Davante Adams (who becomes my WR1) plus a pick (10th round).  Both teams gained about 12-15 points over their total had the trade not been made (Ebron over Hooper, Adams over Cole).

BTW think I mentioned it elsewhere, Drake was dropped in our league and promptly signed off waivers, and was in that owners starting lineup (over stalwarts like J Williams, J Wilkins, Henry and Martin).