[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eifert Injury Implications

kdko

With the TE position so thin, who is the next TE in line?  I remember Kroft was pretty serviceable last year when Eifert went down, but certain people are speculating that Uzomah might be the guy to grab.  What do you guys think?

C.J. Uzomah - TE - Bengals

ESPN Bengals reporter Katherine Terrell expects C.J. Uzomah to be Cincinnati's top tight end moving forward.

It's been about one calendar year since we last had a blurb on Uzomah, but he's now stepping into a promising spot in the Bengals' offense as a catch-first tight end. Terrell believes Uzomah has moved ahead of Tyler Kroft on the depth chart. Uzomah caught his lone target for a six-yard gain last week and flashed a bit in 2016 with 25 catches for 234 yards and a score, making eight starts. With where tight end is at in fantasy, Uzomah is on the fringe of start-able.

38 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Target numbers the next couple games will tell us more. I'd probably look elsewhere if you need a TE immediately 

Like where?  Have you looked at the current state of the position?  If you wait until the next couple of games are over, you will be way too late.

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Like where?  Have you looked at the current state of the position?  If you wait until the next couple of games are over, you will be way too late.

Truth!

After losing (and dropping) Greg Olsen and then losing OJ, I'm looking at:

Uzomah

Swain

Gates

Clay

Heuermann

and worse...

Strange times at TE...

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Yes TE is pretty thin, if you're desperate then you can pick one of the CIN TE and hope it pays off. And I've got a stud TE so maybe I'm not as desperate.

In my league which has 12 teams with 18 players each pickings are always pretty thin, but here are some options people had.

I had Ertz and Ebron, same bye week, I was working several trade options this week, one owner approached me, and we made a deal. Another owner has Kelce and Reed, another Rudolph and McDonald, they might part with one.

After trading Ebron I grabbed Greg Olsen who was a free agent, and should be back next week or the next, for sure by week 9 when I need him. Not sure why some other teams with TE need didn't consider it, maybe they were waiting. 

Other available TEs include Jesse James (just cut) and Gates. Seals-Jones, Goedert and Brate were signed off waivers.

I love the Bengals passing game now, Dalton is my backup QB, I was trying to trade for Boyd. Their TE will have value, in my view we don't have much to go on to know who is the clear leader.