Sign in to follow this  
purplemonster

Newbie in the league

Posted (edited)

Just curious I am in a 12 team league and one guy is new (yet still 3-1 somehow and mainly luck) and has no clue.  There is another guy in our league who does know how to play but is always offering ridiculous trades. 

Anyway. One today was Crowell for Davante and the other guy accepted.  

Should the trade be canceled? 

Edited by purplemonster

Posted (edited)

Yeah that's fine.  I am not a LM.  Just curious what the rules are for newbies and terribly unbalanced trades. 

Edited by purplemonster

That's too unbalanced.... wouldnt allow it in my league

There’s been sh1tty trades similar to that in my local league for years. There’s specifically one dude if you trade with him, you always get the better end because he’s a fkn idiot. It isn’t collusion though. He’s just a fk% idiot. I always look down on the people that makes trades with him because they know they’re basically cheating. But, if your league allows trades it’s kinda fair game. I’ll never do it, but some will. It’s basically game theory. If you don’t do it someone else will. 

• Like 1

I would veto it....

I dropped out of a league a couple years back that had at least a deal a week that made this trade look good - I'd be the only veto vote on each one so it would pass..  It caused two teams to look like the NFL all-pro team 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah the trade went through.  It isn't collusion, just bad decision making and one guy acting opportunistically on another's inexperience. 

There isn't a vote, the LM approves or doesnt approve.  He is a friend of mine, as are most guys in the league. We both agreed it's not collusion. 

Edited by purplemonster

Only reason to veto a trade IMO would be if there was a mistake, obvious cheating, or if one or both parties changed their mind, and they agreed to cancel it. Just a dumb trade is natural selection. They will learn from it. If you think a player is being taken advantage  of,  i would counsel but not veto it. 

Dumb trades happen in real life too, to real coaches...