[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

blaw23

I wanted to get your opinion on this. No one has complained about it yet but I see someone complaining shortly once it is noticed. The guy playing me must have forgotten to take T.Y. out of his starting lineup last night. Our rules state once the players game starts he cannot be moved. I am just waiting to here someone complain about collusion or something. It has happened before. Should I just let it go and wait to hear from someone and explain the rule or should I let him correct the mistake before anyone complains? I am leaning towards I should stick to the rules as they are and it doesn't matter who he is playing.

Yea nothing you can do about that, especially with no past history of similar events. His dumb@$$ just forget to bench him seems to me. Same thing happens in my high buy in super competitive local league once a blue moon.

He was probably getting ready to bench him than his woman started yelling at him for not fixing the creak in the toilet seat. He went to fix it and just forgot. Or somethong

of similar occurrence Lol.

Edited by bpkrufus
  • Haha 2

Don't do anything, you didn't do anything wrong and the other owners have no reason to complain. 

I've been co commish of my league since it was formed, has to be over 25 years now. I might do more than an average owner and remind my opponent they have a guy who is out in their line-up, but that is not required of the commish. You certainly shouldn't punish yourself now and allow him to switch to another active player.

Guys make mistakes or forget. Early on with our sites app a guy tried to change his line-up, and it didn't work. He contacted both commish and we both know him well and trust him. We made the changes after the deadline, and sent something out explaining it to curtail any complaints.

One more thing, if other owners complain, ask for volunteers to assist or replace you as commish. We've been trying to get some other owners to step in before, especially when there's complaining, but nobody is interested. 

34 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i misread your post. If you are remind YOUR opponent, then I was wrong. I thought you, as a commish, were reminding random owners. Please disregard.

I've struggled with that a few times. Of the 10 of us, 9 of us play poker together. The 10th lives elsewhere and I've known him online for many years. A couple of the guys are less competitive and very busy in life. They forget, especially on Thursdays. I always check and will usually remind them as needed. My rationale is to keep everyone interested and involved, especially since it's a dynasty league and we're all friends. 

I don't check everyone's roster. But when one of those two was up against me, I still reminded him to set his roster (one is now on his 2nd season ever and drafted a kicker in the 4th round last year [he's 0-4], the other is my 12 yr old). If it was one of the seasoned pros, well, they know better and that's on them. 

A couple times I've almost gone in to fix a roster (newbie is in law school, owns a real estate agency and has 3 kids so he gets preoccupied) but I've refrained. Going back to the original issue, once the game starts, that the line up. Deal. 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your replies. You have solidified my thoughts, I will leave it alone and when someone complains which I am sure they will let them know the rule is once that players game starts, his roster spot is set.

• Like 1

Never knew this to be an issue. Would it not only effect who forgot? Or are you upset someone was able to edit the lineup after the game started. If so, didn't think this could  be done. In our 14 team league, if you snooze you loose. But we have only been at it for two seasons  now.